One

EXO Showtime!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Other members are not finalized yet, so we hope that you don’t tell anyone about this before we finalize everything.”

With that the meeting is dismissed.

Junhee finds herself still in a daze after the sudden announcement. Me? Debuted? As a leader? It’s not a dream, right? She questions herself. She can’t believe that she is finally debuted and being a leader is not something she even has dreamt of.

“Hey, are you ok?” A hesitant masculine voice calls her back to reality. She turns around and faces the tall guy, her so called co-leader, looking at her with worry etched on his face. He is so tall, he even needs to hunch his back to talk to her. She mused to herself.

“Ah, yes. I’m fine. Just a bit -” She flushes, unsure how to reply him.

“Overwhelmed?” He adds helpfully.

“Kind of.” She smiles unsurely at him.

“Same. It still feels surreal, huh?” He mused, smiling back at her, “Ah, we haven’t been introduced properly. Wu Yifan, nice to meet you.” He bows perfectly at her, which she replies awkwardly.

“Kim Junhee, please take care of me.”

“Um, are you – uh – you know, my noona?” He asks her. He needs to know beforehand because Korean culture is very strict on age level and he doesn’t want to come off as a rude person.

She laughs, even her laugh sounds wonderful to his ear. “No. Yifan-sshi is 90-liner, right? I’m one year younger than you.”

“Ah.” He nods, but something hits him in realization, “How do you even know me? I mean that I am a 90-liner?” Somehow the question turns out a bit crude than he intend to but Junhee shrugs it off.

“Who doesn’t know you, Yifan-sshi? Everyone talked about you when you first joined us. A handsome tall Chinese trainee from Canada.”

Yifan’s eyebrow twitches at her explanation, making her realizes that she has mentioned that he is handsome.

“Ah, they say. Not me.” She adds quickly. Yifan grins at the adorable blushing Junhee but decides not to further. Maybe next time.

“But I don’t know you.” Well maybe he has seen her few times, but he doesn’t have any chance to know her.

“We don’t share the same class. It’s understandable if you don’t know me.”

 True to that. While Junhee has Chinese lesson, Yifan needs Korean lesson to brush up his Korean. Yifan specializes in rap, so he takes rap class while Junhee only vocal class. And for dance class, it is divided for girls and guys so practically the chance for them to meet is big zero. And for that, Yifan is grateful for being able to meet Junhee.

“I’m excited for the debut stage.” Junhee says, her eyes twinkle with happiness. Her smile is so infectious making Yifan’s corner lips unconsciously twitch up.

“Me too, Junhee-sshi.”

---

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Kyungsoon is the first one to ask her, running to her once she sees her coming to the dance class.

“Nothing. They just want to discuss my progress.” She hates lying but it’s an order.

Kyungsoon lets out a deep sigh, “Thanks God. I thought something bad happens.”

“Girls, let’s start our class.” Coach Lee’s voice booms, signalling that the class will be started. Kyungsoon and Junhee scramble to their own positions.

It’s gruelling. It’s tiring. But she can see the start of it. The time when all of her hard works pay off. And she will be damned to let it go.

---

Few days later, a staff texts her, saying that all of her class are cancelled since she needs to go for a meeting.

Ah, so the members are finalized. She thinks to herself.

She tries to guess who will be the chosen members. Since she doesn’t know the male trainees that well, she tries to guess the female members, the one that will be working together with her closely.

Mr. Lee mentions Korean and Chinese, so maybe some of them are Chinese. Maybe Liuhua and Yixin? She only knows both of them among all the Chinese trainees. Liuhua is very sociable, she is close even to male trainees and her pretty face is an added feature, while Zhang Yixin has talent which only comes out once in a blue moon. She is as good as Victoria from f(x), one of the best dancers even since trainees.

Korean members are trickier to guess. She counts several trainees around her age, there are 20 of them, so the posibilities are huge. Kyungsoon and Baekhee will be a strong candidate. Kyungsoon is an all rounder. Pretty face, petite body, great voice with ability to dance while Baekhee, even though she has just joined, has a great voice. Maybe both of them will be EXO members. Junhee only hopes that not anyone from the bullies will be the member.

How awkward it must be to have your bully in a same group as you? She shudders in possiblity and pushes the negative thoughts behind her mind.

She is about to enter the me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter