The Unnie with a Steel Stomach

Meet the UNNIES

The rest of the barbecue continued on normally, or as normally as a barbecue with Krystal’s eccentric unnies could get.  The duo left with the unnies’ promise of testing Amber later.  So, for the past week, Amber has been wary of her surroundings.  She would often dart her eyes around, especially if entering a new room.

Today Krystal had cajoled her into taking her out on a date.  Of course, unable to refuse time with her beautiful partner, Amber agreed.  When she parked outside of the Jung residence and texted Krystal to come out, she nervously watched the front door, the gate leading to the backyard, and the windows of the sizeable two story home.

Her leg began nervously shaking again and her finger tapped the top of the shaking leg uncontrollably.  She began to unreasonably sweat and had to continuously wipe off her palms on her pant leg.  When she spotted movement at the front door, the short haired girl immediately rolled up all the windows and locked the car doors.  She leaned towards the passenger side and watched anxiously.

She let out a breath of relief when she saw the familiar form of Krystal exiting the home.  The young girl locked the front door and started walking towards the car.  Amber rolled down the windows and unlocked the car before waving cheerfully at the girl who smiled back.  Krystal entered the car and immediately started fanning herself off, “It’s like a desert out there.  I only walked to your car and I’m sweating more than Sooyoung unnie when she hasn’t eaten.”  

Amber smiled at the girl and turned up the air conditioning, Krystal always had a calming effect on her, “I saw that.  She can really eat.  So,” she leaned over and gave Krystal a quick peck on the lips, “What do you want to do today?  Saturdays only come once every 7 days.” She joked.

Krystal hummed before pouting at her soon to be girlfriend, “I want to go somewhere with air conditioning.  It’s so hot!” Krystal wiped off Amber’s forehead, “Look at you!  You’re all sticky and sweaty!”

Amber had to agree about the heat, but she would never admit the fact that she was sweaty because of her nerves.  She turned back to the front of the car and nodded, “Well…how about we go see a movie?  The theatres are always air conditioned and I wanted to see that new one that just came out anyway.”

“You mean the one with the girl and the thing?”

Amber nodded and pulled out her phone, “Let’s check when the times are.  We can decide whether to have lunch before or after that way.”

Krystal nodded and leaned towards the other girl to peer at the phone screen.  The close proximity was making her even warmer, but if it was with Amber, she didn’t mind.  She slowly smiled to herself.

Completely oblivious to the other girl’s musings Amber scrolled through until she found the movie times, “Oh, here’s one at 12:30.” She checked her watch, “It’s only 12 now, so we should be able to make that one.  Are you hungry now?”

Krystal met Amber’s glance and shook her head, “Not really.  We can eat afterwards.” She pinched Amber’s nose and smiled gleefully.

Amber scrunched up her face and pouted, “What was that for?”

“You’re so cute when you’re worried about me.”

Amber laughed at the reply and smiled back.  This playful side of Krystal was one that only she, and apparently the unnies, got to see usually.  She set the car into drive and they were off.

“Hey since it’s a movie why don’t we ask the others to come along?”

Amber shook her head, “Sulli is spending time with her brother today, Victoria’s working, and Luna is practicing for a recital.  Besides,” Amber grabbed the hand closest to her and brought it to her lips, “I want it to just be you and me today.” She grinned.

Krystal rolled her eyes, but smiled anyway.

The pair arrived at the movie theatre but Krystal raised a brow when Amber told her to wait in her seat.  She watched as the short haired girl cautiously exited the vehicle and looked around suspiciously.  The older girl slowly made her way around the car, not forgetting to get into a crouch to watch for suspicious figures, and opened the door for her date.

Krystal sighed and stepped out of the car.  She let Amber take her hand and the pair walked to the ticket office.  Before buying the tickets Amber peeked around the corners slowly, causing both the employee and the people behind them quirk an eyebrow.  Satisfied, Amber bought their tickets and dragged Krystal to the entrance of the theatre, where she repeated the process.

Tired of the ridiculous antics Amber had been displaying all week since the barbecue Krystal yanked the tickets out of her hand and handed them to the doorman.  He eyed Amber suspiciously as he said, “Theatre 2, straight ahead on your left…”

Krystal thanked him and dragged Amber to their theatre, “Seriously.  You need to stop.  You’ve been acting like this all week.”

Amber stumbled over her feet as Krystal forcefully dragged her, “But your unnies!  They could test me at any moment!  They said so themselves.” She pouted and straightened herself before leading Krystal by the small of her back, “I have to take care of you all the time so if they do catch me, they’ll know how much I care about you.”

Krystal couldn’t stop the blush on her cheeks, but she still pouted and mumbled under her breath.  Krystal only watched as Amber lurked around the theatre to make sure it was clear.  Krystal rolled her eyes yet again and seated herself in the middle of the dimly lit room.  As Amber sat down, the older girl pulled up the armrest and pulled Krystal to her by the waist.

Krystal sighed, satisfied that she could at least have this normalcy.  Amber then shifted and kissed the top of her head, “Do you want any popcorn?  Anything to drink?”

The younger girl shook her head snuggled further into the embrace, “No thanks.” She began playing with Amber’s fingers as the previews rolled, “Why are you so suspicious anyway?”

Amber huffed, “I told you.  I’m looking out for your unnies.”

The baby Jung mumbled to herself and said, “Why?  Calm down.  It’s not like they’re gonna jump at you from out of nowhere.”

Krystal’s words seemed to have driven some sense into the blonde, and Amber found she could relax a little.  The movie started and a medium crowd had gathered into the theatre.  The duo were so engrossed into the movie that halfway in, they didn’t notice a figure slink into the seat behind them.

Amber had her arms securely around Krystal’s waist while the other was up at her lips, anticipating what would happen next.  She suddenly felt movement to the left side of her face.  Wondering what it was, she turned to find…a head?  The head displayed a smirk and whispered, “Boo.”

Amber immediately jumped in her seat and screamed hysterically.  The audience immediately shushed her and screamed profanities at her to shut her up.  Krystal looked at Amber, embarrassed, and glared.  Amber was still trying to catch her breath from the scare and looked closely at the laughing head next to her.  It was attached to the body of one Choi Sooyoung, cackling quietly behind the pair.

Krystal looked behind Amber and raised her brows, “Sooyoung unnie?  What are you doing here?” She whispered harshly.

Sooyoung smiled and waved at the young girl before moving to take a seat next to Amber, “Here to enjoy a movie.”

Krystal looked at the tall girl suspiciously for showing up halfway into a movie, but shrugged it off and calmed a still surprised Amber.  Amber’s nerves were on high alert for the rest of the movie.  She didn’t even know what happened at the end of the movie.  The trio exited the theatre and Krystal eyed Sooyoung, who had a grin on her face, hands lazily behind her head.

“So…Sooyoung unnie.  Fancy meeting you here.”

Sooyoung turned to Krystal and winked, “I know right?  That movie was pretty good, I think.”

Krystal nodded slowly, still very wary about what the tall girl might be up to.  Amber did her best to keep a poker face on.  She then turned to Krystal, “You must be h-hungry.  Let’s get something to eat.” She couldn’t help the small stutter.

Krystal nodded and craned her head at Sooyoung, “Unnie do you want to come?”

Sooyoung turned to the girls and smirked, “Well.  I was going to ask you two the same thing!  In fact,” her smirk looked malicious, “I wasn’t going to take no for an answer.”

Amber gulped and gripped Krystal’s hand tighter.  The younger girl squeezed the hand in reassurance and she cautiously moved herself between Amber and the scary looking Sooyoung, “Okay…”

Sooyoung straightened herself and looked normal again, “Well then!  Let’s be off.  The fun has only started, after all.”

The three of them piled into Amber’s car and Sooyoung directed Amber to an area where various food vendors could be found.  She then walked ahead of the couple with her hands behind her back, “Krystal, Amber, do you know why I’ve brought you here today?”

The pair, namely Amber, struggled to keep up with Sooyoung’s quick and long strides.  Amber nearly fell over numerous times, “Uhh, to eat?”

Sooyoung suddenly stopped and Amber felt like she’d just run into a brick wall.  The tall girl looked unphased and turned to face the younger girls, “Yes.  But, also,” she rubbed her hands together, “Test number 1 starts now, my dear Amber.” She grabbed the blonde’s hand and began dragging her further in.

Krystal shook her head and followed behind them, knowing nothing she said or did could help the situation.  So much for a romantic Saturday date.

Amber found herself thrown into a seat after a few more minutes of walking.  Sooyoung had ordered her to stay put and approached a kind looking ahjumma.  The ahjumma’s face turned into one of surprise and disbelief as Sooyoung spoke to her.  Finally, Sooyoung slapped down numerous bills and walked back to Amber, who had been watching the entire exchange with fear written all over her face.  Sooyoung crossed her arms over her chest, “Well Amber.  It’s certainly nice to see you again.  So soon too!” she grinned.

Amber nodded sheepishly and stared longingly at a bored looking Krystal sitting next to her.  Somehow she hoped the other girl would get the message and save her, but Krystal only sat there, texting someone on her phone.  Amber sighed, she wasn’t expecting her to do anything anyway.

Sooyoung leaned back in her seat and put laced her fingers over her stomach, “Bet you’re wondering why the test is here.”

Amber looked up and around the bustling marketplace.  She put her hands on her knees and nodded, “Erm, I am a little confused…”

Sooyoung nodded, “Well!  I think it’s very important for Krystal to be with someone who appreciates food.”

Krystal scoffed, “Inhaling ungodly amounts of food is not the same as appreciating it.” Her droll tone didn’t affect Sooyoung’s enthusiasm.

“Don’t mind her, Soojung is just like her sister.  Anyway, I’m here to test your love for food.  Eating makes you stronger, you know that right?  So you need strength to take care of Soojung anyway!” Sooyoung went on and on about how important food was.

Amber was about to reply after her tirade but the Ahjumma that was talking to Sooyoung earlier set down a rather large plate in front of them and then returned with two other large plates.  Amber gawked as the table quickly filled with plates and plates of food.  She waited for an explanation from Sooyoung, but the other girl was far too busy drooling to do so.

Krystal nudged Sooyoung.  Sooyoung shook her head and cleared after wiping the excess spit from , “Ehm, well, yes.  So, the test.  It’s pretty simple.  All you have to do is keep up with me.  If you can eat at least half as much as I can without chickening out or puking, then you pass.  Easy right?”

Amber looked uneasy about the test.  But it was only half right?  And Sooyoung was so skinny.  She shouldn’t be able to eat that much…right?

Hesitantly, she picked up her chopsticks and nodded at Sooyoung.  Suddenly, Sooyoung’s expression turned demonic, “Let’s eat then.”

What happened next literally made her eat her words.  Amber couldn’t believe what she was seeing, Sooyoung was going through the plates faster than Husain Bolt.  She looked up from shoveling food in to see Sooyoung wiping and going for another plate, which just kept coming courtesy of the ahjumma.  She’d barely gotten through a few plates when a queasy feeling began taking over her stomach.  She groaned, but pushed on due to her undying love for Krystal.

Krystal watched on, calmly taking small bites of the food on the table and watching with interest.  She started to get worried when Amber seemed to be turning blue.  The 16 year old sighed and pat her back, “You can stop you know.  Don’t hurt yourself because of this stupid unnie.” She jerked her thumb at Sooyoung.

The oldest girl stopped eating to pout at the youngest, “Aww Soojung, that hurts.” She continued eating.

Krystal rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time that day and rubbed Amber’s coughing back gently, “Seriously.  I don’t want you to hurt yourself.”

Amber growled with a mouth full of food and looked at Krystal, “No!  I have to keep ea-“ she didn’t get to finish her words as she started jerking violently.  Her stomach didn’t agree with her yelling.

Amber immediately stood up, a worried Krystal following after her.  The short haired girl covered and held her stomach, “Oh God.” She immediately dashed away from the vendor and towards an alleyway.  Even from where they were sitting they could hear Amber painfully emptying the contents of her stomach.  Krystal shook her head and approached the ahjumma, intending to buy a bottle of water for the girl.

Sooyoung shook her head, “Soojung, how can you date someone with such a weak stomach?” She pointed at Amber’s plates, “Even Seobaby eats more than she does.”

Krystal began walking towards the alleyway after hearing Amber’s pathetic cries for her.  She felt sorry for the older girl, she really did, “It’s started hasn’t it?” Krystal groaned at the thought of her unnies and their ridiculous antics.

Sooyoung smirked and called out, “Of course!  But you let her know that she isn’t off to a good start!”  Sooyoung giggled to herself and left the vendor.  She walked off, feeling giddy and excited, “Oh I hope the others have as much fun as I did.”

With that Sooyoung left Amber with an upset stomach, a weakened body and morale, and a big fat fail.

Amber: 0
Unnies: 1

--00--

 

A/N Okay.. that was so much food.... hehe...poor Amber though..HAHA!!