Meet the Unnies

Meet the UNNIES

She would say she was nervous.  In fact, in any other similar situation, she would very quickly admit that she was nervous.  But in this particular situation the word nervous didn’t even begin to cover what she was currently feeling.  Her leg started shaking uncontrollably, as if it had a mind of its own, and her finger began tapping the steering wheel frantically.

A hand shot out to still her leg and she shot her head to the right.  She was met with the very annoyed looking face of Krystal Jung, “Will you stop shaking your leg?  You are driving you know.  I’m gonna get whiplash if you keep it up.”

Amber sighed and calmed her leg with a gulp.  She held the hand on her leg but almost let go after feeling how sweaty her palms were.  Were they always this sweaty?  That’s a little gross.  She looked back to the traffic in front of her and answered, “Sorry.  I’m just…”

“Nervous?” a snicker came from the dark haired girl and Amber whipped her head to the other girl.

“What?  No!  I’m not nervous.  Not at all…” she began fidgeting in the driver’s seat and quietly cursed Seoul’s rush hour traffic.

Krystal raised a delicate eyebrow and crossed her arms over her still developing chest.  The younger girl nodded and rolled down the window, “Mhm.  I see that.  Are you sure you’re not nervous?  The unnies have known me since I could barely walk.  They practically raised me along with my mom…” Krystal smirked and glanced at the now pale girl.

Amber felt as if the oxygen surrounding her body had dispersed.  Well, it didn’t matter, it’s not like she could breathe anyway.  Her grip on the steering wheel tightened and she was staring deeply into the traffic ahead of her.  Her heart felt like it would jump right out of her chest and scurry on back home under the covers.

Noticing the other girl’s frozen state Krystal’s face softened and she reached out to touch a very pale and unhealthy looking cheek, “Hey are you-“

Amber suddenly let go of the wheel and turned to her, “OH GOD!  I never even got to tell my parents good bye!” She grabbed the other girl and started shaking her violently, “My sister!  Oh god, my sister!  She’s still in America!  I haven’t thanked her for the gift she sent me yet!  I haven’t been able to buy you that dress you wanted!  My paycheck is coming in next week!  Maybe I can get the address changed so you get it?”

Krystal was very aware of how she was being manhandled and also of how the cars behind and around them were getting impatient.  Others were witnessing the scene with worried looks on their faces, hands creeping to their cell phones in order to, assumingly, call nearby law enforcement.  Krystal was starting to see birds and stars with all the shaking and she tried calling out, “Amber!”

Amber finally let her go but gripped her own hair and curled in her seat, “And I’m not even twenty yet!  Aren’t I too young?  Isn’t this cruel?  I still have years ahead of me, of us!  Krystal I don’t want you to be a 16 year old widow!  How cruel!” Amber turned back to the other girl.  Krystal put up an X with her arms, in fear of getting shaken baby syndrome, but was surprised when Amber pulled her into a deep hug, “You’re so beautiful though, don’t worry about me, you should find someone else when I’m gone.  I just want you to be happy.  And you’ll kiss that person, hug that person, make lo-“ Amber suddenly let go, blinked, and cried out in despair, “And I’m still a virgi-“

Krystal suddenly grabbed the other girl’s face and pressed a forceful kiss on her lips.  That shut her up.  She glared at the other girl and said slowly, “Amber, look at me.” Krystal’s eyes met desperate brown orbs, “you’re not going to die.  You’re going to live a very long life,” She glanced out the window at the approaching police vehicle, “and you better be living it in the free world with me instead of in prison.” 

Amber glanced at the slowly approaching car and yelped.  She quickly set her hands on the wheel and moved on, cheeks reddened at being the cause of a traffic jam within a traffic jam, “…sorry.” She mumbled quietly.

Krystal sighed and leaned back in her seat before putting an arm over her face, “Don’t worry.  The unnies aren’t that bad.  They’re pretty down to Earth and cool, so chill, okay?”

--

When the pair stepped foot into the Jung household it was relatively quiet inside.  Krystal and Amber slipped off their shoes and Krystal called out into the hallway, “Unnies!  I’m back!”

Amber followed behind quietly and timidly snatched Krystal’s hand, almost like a scared child.  Krystal rolled her eyes but grabbed the hand back.  As they neared the back of the house they could start to hear voices.  When they arrived into the kitchen a flying bag of flour knocked Amber into a nearby counter.

Two simultaneous gasps could be heard and Amber soon found herself looking up into the faces of Krystal and two unfamiliar faces, “Omo, she didn’t faint!  Well that’s a relief.” The one on the right looked pleased that she’d been beaned with the bag of flour and lived.  The one on the left of Krystal scoffed and crossed her arms.

“Yah, Yoong, she wouldn’t have been hit in the first place if you didn’t have worse aim than a blind one armed ahjumma.” She snickered.

Krystal sighed, “Unnies, you’re not supposed to throw bags of flour inside anyway…”

The one on the right rolled up her long sleeve and scowled, “Oh yeah?  You wanna go Sooyoung unnie?”

The one on the left smirked at the other tall girl and said, “Oh Yoongie, it’s cute that you think you could beat me.”

With one last look menacing look the both of them immediately dashed outside and the one on the right called out, “Hotdogs ‘til someone pukes first!”

The left unnie slammed the screen door open and yelled back, “You’re on lightweight!”

Amber was still seeing stars by the time the dialogue subsided.  Krystal helped the other girl up and had to snicker at the flour covered Amber.  She dusted off the other girl’s shoulders and helped her regain her balance, “Ugh…did I just get nailed by a bag of flour?”

Krystal nodded, “Yup.  And you met Yoona unnie and Sooyoung unnie while you were at it.”

Amber groaned, “What a way to make an entrance.” She looked down at herself, “And look at me!  I’m covered in flour!” She pouted at the Jung girl.

Just as Krystal was to suggest she change in her room another figure entered the room from outside wearing an apron and ridiculous oven mitts, “Oh!  Krystal!  You’re back.” The tall girl grinned.

Amber turned to the figure and blushed.  Were all of Krystal’s unnies that beautiful?  Krystal left Amber’s side and approached the dark haired girl, “Yuri unnie~ what’s with the apron?” she grinned.

Yuri pouted and gave a twirl, “What?  Isn’t it pretty?  Anyway, we’re having a barbecue to invite the friend you said you were bringing.” She looked over Krystal’s shoulder to find what looked like a ghost trying to hide behind the counters, “Oh!  Is that her?  Hey hey!  I’m Kwon Yuri!  You two should come out and join the barbecue.” She bounced back outside.

Krystal shook her head and took Amber’s hand, “Come on.”  She dusted Amber off as best as she could outside the door.  While she still had a few white patches on her she looked a little better.  Amber immediately froze when she stepped outside.  At first she thought she was in heaven.  9 angels, 10 including Krystal, were lounging around in Krystal’s backyard seemingly having a normal barbecue…from heaven.

Among them she noticed the two that were fighting earlier scarfing down hot dogs at a pace she guessed only those blessed with divinity could accomplish.  She also noticed the one who greeted her earlier animatedly grilling with a shorter companion and a very bored looking blonde.  Music was coming from speakers to her left and she found one girl dancing stylishly while another was…crumping?  Watching them was a short girl who looked thoroughly embarrassed and a tall girl with baby cheeks laughing quietly.

Krystal dragged her towards the grill, and Amber could only follow dumbly.  All eyes were on them now, especially the eyes of a certain blonde.  She could’ve sworn she saw a scheming smirk on that beautiful face, but just as quickly as it came the poker face returned.

Krystal leaned over the grill and took a sniff, “Smells good Yuri unnie, Taeyeon unnie.” She leaned closer and asked quietly, “You didn’t let Jessica unnie touch it did you…?”

Apparently the blonde named Jessica heard and pouted, “Yah.  How can you insult your sister before properly greeting her first?”

Krystal giggled and hugged her sister tightly before sticking her tongue out at her.  Jessica pinched her little sister’s cheeks until the younger girl started whining and fidgeting.  Jessica smiled and scrunched her nose before poking her sister’s, “Unnie~.” Krystal whined.

Amber tilted her head at the sight.  It was cute.  Krystal only acted that way around her, usually.  Jessica patted her cheeks before saying, “How was school today?”

Krystal put her hands on her cheeks before answering, “It was okay.  It's the last stretch of the school year so we're being warned about projects soon.  Preparing for finals, mostly.”

Jessica let Yuri feed her a piece of meat before nodding, “Hmm, that must be nice for you.”

Amber was watching the sister interaction until the short girl next to Yuri appeared in front of her.  Startled, Amber took a step back and cringed a little.  The girl tilted her head to the side and smiled, “Hi.  I’m Taeyeon.  You are?”

Amber suddenly felt her nerves creep up.  This was one of Krystal’s precious unnies!  She bowed at a 100 degree angle and yelled out almost robotically, “Hello!  My name is Amber Liu!  It’s a great honor to meet you!” All chatting immediately stopped and the only thing that could be heard was the music.

Taeyeon raised a brow and very slowly and awkwardly patted her back, “Err, okay, Amber!  Nice to meet you too.”

Amber shot up, spine straight, and nodded stiffly.  Krystal sighed and went to her side.  She interlaced their fingers and gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek.  Scandalized gasps and ‘Oh’s’ were scattered around the crowd who had gathered around the grill.  Jessica raised a beautiful blonde brow but stayed quiet.  She inwardly smirked.  Krystal smiled at the crowd and raised their interlaced hands, “Unnies, this is Amber.  She’s a first year University student.”  Scattered hellos were heard and then silence.

Krystal pointed at each of her unnies, “This is Seohyun unnie,” The one with the baby cheeks waved cheerfully, “Tiffany unnie,” the crumping one gave a breathtaking eye smile, “Hyoyeon unnie,” an embarrassing ‘yo’ escaped the girl’s lips, “Sunny unnie,” the previously embarrassed looking girl, and even more embarrassed looking one now smiled apologetically, “the ones earlier are Yoona and Sooyoung unnie,” the two waved enthusiastically, “You met Yuri unnie and Taeyeon unnie, and this,” Krystal gestured to the sitting blonde, “Is my Jessica unnie.”

Amber gulped nervously and bowed another 100 degrees, “It is a great honor to meet you all.  I’m very privileged to be in the presence of such beautiful unnies with milky white skin, luxurious hair, long eyelashes, and y looking le-“ before Amber could embarrass herself any further Krystal jabbed her elbow into the rambling girl’s side.

Amber coughed violently and straightened back up, her cheeks a blazing crimson.  God.  She was such an idiot.  Sooyoung put her hands on her cheeks and sighed, “Well you can’t blame her.  We are very beautiful looking and youthful.” She grinned and everyone else rolled their eyes.

Sunny threw a hot dog bun at Sooyoung, “Yah, Choi Sooyoung, have some modesty, will you?” Sooyoung caught the bun before it could hit the floor and waved it at the other girl

“That word is not in my vocabulary.” She snickered.

Tiffany ignored the two and immediately came up to her, “Amber huh?  You must be American then!” the girl seemed very excited.

Amber recoiled a little at the energy emanating from the girl and nodded sheepishly, “Err, yes.  I am.  I came to Korea at the end of high school to live and work with a close friend.”

Tiffany clapped her hands together and her eye smile, if it were possible, became more…eye smiley, “Wow!  That’s so awesome!  Jessi and I are both from America.”

As Tiffany reverted to English Taeyeon cut in with her own English nonsense, feeling left out, “Yes.  Me too.  I like that too.”

Yuri snorted and laughed at her shorter friend.  Tiffany lightly slapped the other girl on the shoulder and pouted at her.  Taeyeon only laughed at the other girl and gave her a thumbs up.

Krystal cleared before her unnies could start the ridiculous antics she knew they were prone to, “Anyway, I’m here to introduce Amber as my gi-“

Amber stopped her and instead stepped up, much to Krystal’s surprise, “No!  Wait!  I…” Amber looked at the faces of all the curious unnies and gulped, “I…I came here to ask you all…if it would be okay if,” she looked back at Krystal and somehow found strength, “if Krystal and I could officially date.  I want her to be my girlfriend!” She closed her eyes.

There was silence all around.  It was going into an overly awkward length when Seohyun finally broke it and said, “Uhm…isn’t that illegall?  I mean, Krystal is only 16 years old and Amber said that she was a first year in college.”

Hyoyeon tsked the youngest of the unnies and shook her head, “Oh Seobaby, age ain’t nothin’ but a number.  So what?  Krystal’s a big girl now, right?  She wears y underwear now right?  Don’t you Krystal?” She smiled.

Krystal’s entire face turned red and she pouted at Hyoyeon, “U-Unnie!”

Yoona added in, “Oh oh, you’re right unnie.  I saw Soojung with a huge bag filled with y underpants just the other day when she came home.” Krystal turned her red face to Yoona, who gave her a peace sign and a grin.

Amber herself was becoming red at the thought of Krystal and, as her unnies put it, y underwear.  Taeyeon, unfortunately, called her out on it, “Oh oh!  Looks like Amber didn’t know our Soojung wore y underwear!  Well at least we know they haven’t done anything yet.” She high fived a giggling Yuri.

Krystal felt like her face would explode from the high temperature it was experiencing.  She was supposed to be Amber’s strength but she didn’t know if she could even face the blonde right now.  The group suddenly erupted into loud conversations regarding Krystal, Amber, y underpants, statutory , prison, and how they would go about bailing Amber out.

Krystal was futilely yelling at her unnies, trying to get them to stop.  Amber only stuttered when asked questions about what type of y underpants she wanted Krystal to buy or if she owned any herself.  The only one who stayed quiet was none other than Jessica Jung.

“Lingerie is pretty expensive you know.”  The temperature suddenly dropped and an awkward silence permeated the atmosphere as everyone’s attention shifted to Jessica.  She had a smile on her face.  Yuri coughed and broke the atmosphere with an awkward laugh.  Jessica had a devious look on her face.

Like a true princess she tossed her hair back and crossed her arms over her chest, rivaled by none in the group but Sunny’s, and said in a drawl, “Well, Amber, you want to date my precious baby sister, is that right?”

Amber gulped at the evil twinkle in the older girl’s eyes and nodded meekly.  She somehow didn’t like where this was going.

Jessica stretched up and lazily took a sip from her drink, “Okay.  Then you’ll be tested.”

Tiffany pouted and turned to her friend, “Jessi!  It’s so rude to ask someone to get tested in front of all these people.  Besides, Amber doesn’t seem like that type of person, right?” She sent an eye smile towards the short haired blonde.

Amber once again blushed a furious red as a majority of the unnies nodded in agreement to Tiffany’s statement.  Sooyoung grinned maliciously, “In fact…she looks like a vir-“

“Regardless,” Jessica shot Sooyoung a distasteful look, to which she received a goofy look in return, “I didn’t mean that kind of tested.” Her smirk was back, “She looked straight into Amber’s nervous eyes and said steadily, “9 unnies.  9 tests.  If you pass 5 out of the 9 you will have our blessings to date my cute little Soojung.”

The unnies each acquired Jessica’s devious smirk and soon, Amber was surrounded by 9 very scary looking Angels.  She cowered behind Krystal, who rolled her eyes at her unnies’ antics and sighed.  She should have known something like this was going to happen.

--00--

 

AN

so here's the first chapter... and the testi mean, the story continues...