Chapter 2

The Will In Us

Sophielle groaned when Jongdae screamed that the breakfast was ready and she had to wake up. She hated morning, especially when she didn’t have much sleep because of a late mission, which happened really often, too often for her own taste. So, she went downstairs, looking like a mess, with her hair that look like a bird had made his nest on her head and her eyes half closed and swollen with big dark circle under them that made her look like she didn’t sleep for decades. She walked like a zombie until she reached the kitchen and took a place in front of the counter.

On the other side, there was Jongdae, who was happily setting the plate. Unlike Sophielle, he looked perfectly fine and handsome as always. 

“Morning,” he singsang when he saw her take her place and put one plate in front of her and the other at his place. “I’m so jealous of you. You, guardian, can only have one hour of sleep in the pactarion and you’ll be as bright as someone who slept for decades,” she whined while pointing at the necklace in the shape of a scorpion that lay around her neck, their pactarion.

He chuckled before saying “that’s because we are fabulous,” he flipped his imaginary hair. “And it doesn’t really matter to you because you will catch up your lack of sleep by sleeping in class”.  

“Yeah, you have a point here”.

 She grinned while looking at her breakfast, a big plate, bigger than what people usually ate for breakfast, fill with food. That will help her gained energy to, at least, walked to her classroom. She didn’t wait long to eat it all. She finished within minutes.

“Still, why the teacher had to give us mission this late at night?”

“Because demons don’t usually show up during the day,” he chewed on his bite before continuing, “and you were the one who asked to eat after the mission yesterday, like every other missions. So, it’s also your fault if you are that tired”. She just groaned after hearing his opinion. “You know I’m right, I’m always right,” he grinned playfully at her.

“Shut up”. His grin went wider because he knew that he won, again. “Now, go get ready for school and do something about your mess of hair. You'll might even need the halp of a hair stylist how much it's terrible” he playfully told her.

She stuck out her tongue at him,"I don't need a hair stylist; my pillow gives me a new hairstyle every morning".

"Well, you should think about buying another pillow, 'cause this one not really doing a good job", he added. 

She made a face at him before going to her room to do her daily routine and tried to tame her stupid hair. A good thing about their school was that there wasn’t any uniform. Thereby, they could wear what they want. She opted for a simple skinny jeans, a loose white tank top with a black cross on it and black low boots. Sophielle wasn’t the girly type, yet she applied a very little amount of makeup, which was mascara.

Finally done, she went downstairs, grab her bag and proceeded to the Academy with Chen. The school wasn’t far from their apartment, since it was in the middle of the little city. In fact, this city was created for the school and their students and staffs. It was on a little island near New York. The majority of the resident were, obviously, either master or guardian, but there were humans too. They were the one who worked a normal job like police officer, fireman, baker, banker…

All humans around the world knew the existence of the masters and guardians and the Akumas. Humans respected them a lot for all they do for them.  There weren’t any inequality between them and the MG* and they lived peacefully together. But, of course, there were some exceptions. Some humans didn’t like them because they were afraid that one day they will be on the bad side. And some MG despised them a lot, because they think they are way better than them and crap like this. Fortunately, that was just a few of them.

 

 

 

When they reached the school, they went directly to their first class which was mathematic. They sat at their usual seats in the middle of the class, waiting for the teacher to begin the class. As the minutes passed, more and more students were in the classroom.

Jongdae was listening to his music and Sophielle was already trying to sleep. But they were too many annoying things around her. Some students were throwing paper balls at each other, some girls were gossiping and squealing like crazy teenagers, but the worsts were Kim Jongin and his guardian Lu Han. This dude was flirting with almost every girl in this room, which just cause even more squealing. It was a good thing that she seemed sleeping, like this he wouldn’t bother her. Luhan wasn’t better. He sat there watching amusingly, sometimes he winked or smiled at the girls and, obviously, they will giggling like retarded.

Finally, for her own sanity, the teacher came into the classroom and with that everyone sat quietly at their place. Now, she was able to sleep and she was welcomed by her dreamland two minutes later.

Mr. Anderson, the teacher, began the class with some theory and after he passed some work to practice. Sophielle was still sleeping. Near the end of the class, Mr. Anderson made a quick oral quiz. So he questioned some students to finish with Sophielle. He has a devil smile on his lips as he called her.

“Huh?” she asked as she woke up from her peaceful sleep while looking at her evil teacher. “Could you resolve this equation on the board?” he showed her the board filled with a really hard equation on it. She simply stood, with a smirk on her face, full with confidence and reach the board. She looked at it for approximately five seconds, before she took the chalk and began answering the problem with a lot of facility. Within one minute she had finished. She returned to her seat while Mr. Anderson was correcting her work.

“As always, you have a perfect score, but don’t that I’m finished with you”. He took some papers on his desk and face Sophielle, who still had her smirk. “Yeah, if you say so. Ask all the questions you want, I will answer all of them” she replied cockily.

As if on cue, he threw her at least ten questions, which were pretty hard, and she answered them almost instantly. They were all good, she made ten on ten.

“Someday, I’ll got you with a question and I will win,” Mr. Anderson finished with a playful smile on his lips. “You can try, but I don’t think that will happen, even in your dreams.” She was smiling too.

It didn’t seem like that, but she’s a smartass and she had the best grade among the students, and it was always A. Also, Mr. Anderson didn’t hate her for that, he really liked her in fact. As a student obviously and nothing else. He always tried to win against her, but it seemed impossible. It gave him a challenge that he wanted to fulfill before she graduated, like all the other teachers. She was like this in every class. A funny thing, was that there was a pool game to know which teacher will win first against her, but no one did and it will surely never happened. Yet, they never stopped hoping and trying.  

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class. All students quickly rushed out of the classroom and head for their second class. “Like always you beat Mr. Anderson with his own game” smiled Jongdae as they head toward history. “Did you expect something else?” she replied with a smirk. “They can’t win against me, I’m too fabulous for that”.

“Yeah, right…” He ruffled her hair and put his arm around her shoulder. “Yah! You’re supposed to be on my side,” she pouted while hitting him on the chest and shrugged his arm off her shoulder.     

 

~*~

 

It was finally lunch time and Sophielle couldn’t wait anymore. Her stomach didn’t stop growling like a mad lion for the past hour. She needed meat. Only meat could satisfy her hunger or give her energy and strength. So with Jongdae, who was on her heals, she dashed out to the cafeteria. When they were almost there, she abruptly stopped because of a weird noise. Jongdae almost bumped into her.

“Yah! Why are you so suddenly stopping in the middle of the hallway?” he asked annoyed. “SHH!” she shushed him. “Do you hear this?”

He kept quiet and tried to hear what she heard. Not long after, the sound she meant came to his ear. It was a plaint. Like someone was in trouble he asked for help. Now he understood why she stopped. Sophielle, either himself, couldn’t stand when someone was in a bad situation. She always wanted to help those who needed help.

They followed the sound and reach a desert corner, except for four boys, two being bullied and being the attackers. And what a great coincidence, the attackers were the two most annoying people of their math class. Kim Jongin and Lu Han.

“We don’t want trouble, please leave us alone,” a tall guy with blue hair said to Jongin. “Then just give your money and we’ll be done with this. But if you continue to be this stubborn, you’ll leave me no choice than to use the hard way” Jongin replied with a smirk while he cracked his knuckles. The two victims said nothing and just when Jongin was going to punch them, a voice stopped him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” asked Sohpielle with a glare and a cold voice, hands on her hips. All the boys turned toward her. “Isn’t it obvious” Luhan replied arrogantly. “And you, what do you think you’re doing”.

“I don’t know, maybe stopping two retard baboons to bully two innocent people,” she made a duh-face. Jongdae and the victims laughed at the term she used to describe the bully duo. But they quickly stopped as they saw the glare they sent them.

“You know it’s not a good idea to piss us off,” Jongin glared at her. “Neither it is to piss her off,” began Jongdae with a dark glare, “trust me, that won’t end in a good way”. They all stare at each other. The tension was high, with all those cold glares.

Jongin sighed and put his hand in his pocket. “Let’s go Luhan, that’s not worth it”. They walked past them, not without the masters look at each other. Sophielle with disgusted and Jongin with interested. Soon they were left alone with the two students whom got bullied.

“Are you alright?” asked Sophielle with a gentle smiled that contrasted the dark aura she had before. “Yeah, thanks by the way”. They smiled and they parted way.

A loud growl coming from her stomach resonated in the hallway. “We should hurry, I don’t know how long my stomach will stand the hunger”. She grabbed his hand and ran to the cafeteria.

 

~*~

 

Two guys were sitting alone at a table far from the others in the cafeteria. One had purple hair and a cute puppy face. He was chewing his sandwich. The other was tall, had blond hair and a straight poker face. He too was eating his lunch.

“Hey! Baekhyun! Sehun!” called someone. As they heard their name, they looked up to see who called them. Two boys were coming their way, one with black hair and a cocky smile on his lips, the other had red hair and an angel face. “Hey! Kai, Luhan!” greeted them the purple head guy. Sehun just nodded to them. They sat beside them with their tray and began eating too.

“What took you so long to come?” asked Baekhyun. “We were just bullying some random dudes. Kai asked them their money,” replied Luhan before taking a bite of his dish. “You forgot your wallet?” required Sehun, still a poker face on. “Nah, it was just so boring during class, that I want a little fun, but some master and her guardian came and stop us. She even had the guts to call us retarded baboons,” he explained, shaking his head in disbelief. “And you let her off the hook?”

“Yeah, it was interesting to see her with so much confidence, that I didn’t want to burst her balloon, so I thought ‘why not being nice for once?’”. When he finished his explication every one of them look at him with a are-you-serious face. “Seriously?” asked Baekhyun sceptically. 

“Nah! I was just too lazy and hungry for that ,” he waved his hand in front of him. They laughed, except for Sehun, and continued their lunch with another discussion.  

 

 


A/N

Hey! This is the second chapter ^^ I hope you will enjoy it.

Anyway, sorry for all the grammar mistake and see you soon :)

Prompt for the First Frost challenge:

Quote #1: I don't need a hair stylist; my pillow gives me a new hairstyle every morning. – Anonymous•••