Chapter 1

The Will In Us

Kill… Kill… You must kill someone tonight…” the little voice, low, dangerous, yet hypnotizing, repeat in his head again and again. This same voice has talked to him for a long time now, maybe one or two mouths. It told him to do bad things that he was willing to do. Of course, at the beginning, he didn’t want to, but the voice was so convincing that, in the end, he couldn’t disagree with it.

The first thing he did was lying to his wife, his lovely wife. He wasn’t the type to lie, so for him it was hard, but what came after was worse. The voice told him to do a lot of bad things: he punched his best friend, he stole some groceries and money and finally he killed someone. And the worst part in this, was that he wasn’t even guilty of what he had done.

Now he was walking in the dirty street of New York, looking for his next victim. It was the night, maybe past midnight and it was Monday, so there weren’t a lot of people around.

He was looking for someone, preferably a young girl in her teen or a young adult who will be vulnerable. But all the people he came across with didn’t fit the description. He let a exasperate sigh escape his lips because the voice in his head was pestering him even more.

So he walked and walked until he reached a desert park. It was really silent, but after some time he could hear something that brought hope inside him. The soft sound of someone sobbing was like music in his ear. He went towards this sound until he saw a figure sitting on the swing. It was a young girl, she was maybe 17 years old and she was in a vulnerable state. It seems like the gods were with him because he just found the perfect victim.

She didn’t seem to notice him as he came closer and closer.

“What a young girl like you is doing here alone and crying,” he asked with a false worry. 

The girl, finally realising that she wasn’t alone anymore, turned around with a shock face. She had wavy dark blond hair that reached the middle of her back. Her face was round and she had two big blue eyes.

She studied his face before replying.

“I run out from my home,” she answered with a small and sad voice.

The man sat on the swing next to her. “But why would you do something like this, I’m sure that your family must be really worried for you.” Again he show her worry, because he want her to trust him a little before killed her. He was already thinking of ways to assassinate her.

“I don’t think so. They… they hate me and I’m sure that they are partying right now that I’m not there anymore,” she explained before continuing. “It was hell there. My parent abused me for work and a lot of dirty things.” She had hollow eyes while she told him about her story.

“I can help you if you want, I won’t hurt you, I promise,” the man said while showing his empty hands in the air to prove that he wouldn’t hurt her. It was a big lie.

She looked at him with hopeful eyes while asking, “You promise?”

“Yes, I promise,” he smiled at her before standing up and walking. But he noticed that she wasn’t following him. He turned around to see her standing, her hands on her hips and looking at him annoyed. He was confused. One second she was crying and weak, the next one she looked normal, calm and irritated by something.

“You know what I hate? People like you who take advantage of the weak. And I can’t stand people like you,” she told him with a serious and clear voice that contrasted the one she had a moment ago.

He was truly perplexed on what she told him and how she acted. “Kill her quickly, she’s not normal…” the voice told him.

She looked at him amusingly because he didn't seemed to understand what was happening. “And now I suppose that the tiny voice in your head told you to kill me. I am right?” she asked with a smirk on her lips.

The poor man looked even more confused, but it didn’t last long because a big frown appeared on his face before he took a knife behind his back. “How did you know? Who are you?” he asked furiously, menacing her with his knife, but she didn’t look afraid one bit.

“The name’s Sophielle,” she plainly said.

“It’s not what I mean,” he screamed. Sophielle was really irritated by his screaming and she massaged her temple, looking really annoyed.

“It’s really surprising that you and your demon didn’t understand yet what I was… you’re so stupid,” she sighed, shaking her head.

“It’s weird because everyone knows who we are and what we do, it’s not like we want to hide. But, for you, because you seem really friendly, I’ll explain it really simply for you to understand,” she began with a lot of sarcasm in her voice. “So, people like me who live among the humans, protect them from different types of demons. Unfortunately for you, a level 1 Levaye is living within you. Lucky for you, I can exorcise it from your body and you’ll be able to return to your old, maybe boring, life. Now do you know who I am?” she finished with a creepy smile on her face.

“You’re a master…” he whispered at same time the Levaye in him told the same thing.

“FINALLY!” Sophielle exclaimed while throwing her hands in the air. “It’s been a long way, but we finally made it,” she continued and showed him two thumps up. Yes, she messed with him, but she couldn’t help it, it was too funny to see his reaction.

“But where is your guardian if you’re a master?” He looked left and right. Seeing no one he smirked and approached her, thinking it would easy to get rid of this annoying master. Just before he could lie one finger on her, a hand laid on his shoulder and sent him an electric shock that set him on the ground.

“I’m just right here,” Jongdae said after electrifying him with a cheerful voice. “And don’t dare touch her,” he warned him with a cold voice that sent chills to the man. The Obedient stood up with some difficulties before he dashed toward the 18 years old boy. Jongdae easily dodged his attack and took advantage of the staggering man to disarm him. After he punched him in his guts before holding him tight with his arms around his shoulder. No matter how much the man struggled, he couldn’t break free from his iron grip.

“Sophielle, you can do it whenever you want, but the sooner would be better. This Obedient is kind a pain in the right now,” he told her before the Obedient kicked his legs. He cursed between his greeted teeth, but he didn’t lose his grip.

“Aww, poor little thing,” she just answered him while making a cute pout.

“Thanks for your concern,” he smiled, “but that’s not what I need right now.”

“I wasn’t talking about you, but the obedient,” Sophielle with a playful smirk plastered on her face.

“Very funny, now would you exorcised him?” he asked irritated.

“Fine!” Sophielle finally walked toward them, ready to exorcise the Obedient from his demon. When she arrived in front of them a circle appeared around them. It was like a bright silver line was drawn around them. The eyes and the palm of Sophielle had the same silver light. Slowly she rose her hand toward the chest of the man, more exactly, above his heart. The Obedient struggled even more, but it was already too late, because her palm was now on his chest. He screamed as the spirit of the Akuma went out of his mouth. The duo was sorry for the poor man, because they knew that it was a painful process for him. Unfortunately, they couldn’t do anything about it. When it was finally completely out of him, his knee gave in, but Jongdae caught him before he could hit the hard ground and carefully place him on it. While the Level 1 disintegrated in a rain of little lights that seemed like stars. It was strange how it was a degusting, yet beautiful sight to watch.

“Ah! This one was really dumb, seriously, I wonder where the Levaye search their Obedient these days,” she sighed.

“You should have taken this opportunity to finish him sooner, instead of explaining him who you are,” he playfully scolded her.

“Maybe, but it would have been less funny,” she winked.

“Seriously, you’re such a crazy girl,” he while ruffling her hair.

“I know,” she proudly said with a big smile. “What should we do with him,” she asked, setting her eyes on the poor guy, now unconscious.

“No worry, I have already called the cops, they should be here in any minutes now,” he assured her. The next moment the police sirens could be here and they were taking the man with them. He was in good hands, since they know what to do with this kind situation. So, no reason to worry about him. Now it was just the two of them.

“Jongdae!” she called. “I’m hungry, let’s go eat something,” she told him, taking his arm at the same time, leaving him no choice than to follow her.

“Eating at 1am? Really?” he asked her with a frown on his face.

“What? everyone have food craving at night,” she argued.

“You’re really incredible, you’ll never change,” he smiled.

“I know,” she smiled too. The two of them continued to talk and argue about different things on their way, like nothing had happened.        

 

 


 

A/N

So this is the first chapter! I hope that you enjoy it, I work hard on it.^^ I know that it might be weird to gave the POV of an Obedient at the begining, but I foung that it was an interesting way to begin the story. XD