Chapter 2

The Right Fit

“Excuse me?” Jaejoong questioned, followed by a hearty laugh. He neatly folded the clothes Yunho just handed back, all the while eyeing the model as if he had gone mad. Yunho was the last model his team of sewers had to tend to, so he took it upon himself to assist the model and sent everyone home early.

“Come on, Jaejoong,” Yunho said, tone almost pleading, as he began putting his pants back on. “I kind of told my friends we’re dating now.”

“You’re crazy,” the blond rolled his eyes, fighting the strong urge to whack Yunho on the head with the shirt he just folded.

“I am. I thought we have that established the day we met,” the tall model answered, reaching for his black shirt.

“Well, you don’t have to live up to it every second you’re awake,” the shorter mocked half-heartedly before turning on his heel, heading towards a rack of new sets of clothes.

“Jaejoong, please. Just agree, you know we’re headed that direction anyway.”

Jaejoong turned again, facing the other’s direction and let out another laugh, this time covering his mouth as he could not hold it in.
“What made you so sure?”

“You like me,” Yunho bluntly stated, suggestively wiggling his eyebrows, a smirk adorning his full lips.

“You like me more,” Jaejoong retorted, copying the other’s actions as he marched towards the other.

“What made you so sure?”

“Perhaps… the fact that my phone has been waking me up with your ‘Good morning, Jaejoongie’?’

“You just wouldn’t let me win, would you?” the model smiled dejectedly, swinging an arm over the blond’s shoulder when he was within reach. Stuck together like glue, they headed towards the exit.

“You bet I won’t,” the blond haughtily smiled and flicked the lights off on his way. “So, as a reward for actually coming on time for the fitting, which was unexpected by the way, message me the address and time. It’s tonight, right?”

“I’ll pick you up at six. I’ll take you out to dinner before we head to Octagon.”

“Sounds good.”


---


“You ready?” Yunho spared the shorter a sideway glance as they made their way towards the club’s entrance. They have yet to make it inside but the dynamic vibe was already palpable from where they stood.

“You ask me like we’re going to a shoot out, not to meet your friends,” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow, quizzically eyeing the foreign environment.

“I’m just a little nervous,” Yunho said, nodding at the big guy who opened the door for them in recognition. “He’s with me. Keep ship on me.”

“Understood.”

“Jung Yunho? Nervous? Shut up!”

“We have to act natural,” Yunho said, taking hold of the other’s hand.

“You, demanding, crazy man,” the blond teased, poking Yunho’s side with his free hand.

“You have to treat this demanding, crazy man like you would a boyfriend,” the model said, turning his head down to the shorter man.

“Of course,” Jaejoong smiled, holding back Yunho’s hand, “boyfriend,” he continued, poking the man’s cheek this time.

Jaejoong might not be the best judge of character, but he could tell Yunho’s friends were pretty decent. There was Park Yoochun, a flirt by nature. The small-faced, who he now knew as a, composer, hit on him right off the bat despite Yunho keeping him tucked on his side as they sat on the couch, glued to each other. Then there was Shim Changmin, who, apparently, was there more for the food rather than socializing or hanging out. Jaejoong have yet to figure out what he did for a living, but his height and built would be perfect for modelling, too. But on a side note, he had never met a model as much of a glutton as this Shim Changmin. And then there was Kim Junsu, who was undoubtedly a soccer player, judging by his non-stop stories about the past games he’d played, the most recent game he’d played, and the up and coming championship match he’ll be playing with his team.

Hanging out with Yunho’s friends was more than what fun defined. After that night, more nights followed, and some more nights were spent going out with them. Sometimes it was just him and Yunho, some other times with the entire gang. But never had he met the others during the day. For some reasons, it was like an unwritten rule that they only meet at night. It was just that, it was only Yunho who got to see the blond during the day.


---


 “Isn’t it about time I meet Woobin?” Jaejoong said nonchalantly, eyes on his almost empty cup of iced macchiato. They’ve gone out so many times that it allowed casualness in their usual talks.

“Honestly,” the supermodel huffed before letting out a grin.

“Were you just using me to get close to Woobin?” He continued, lifting up his own cup of iced Americano.

The blond chuckled as a response. “Didn’t you use Woobin to lure me out on a date?”

“I didn’t!” Yunho’s eyes slightly widened at the unexpected response, almost slamming down his plastic cup on the round table between him and his companion.

“You did,” Jaejoong calmly retorted, fighting the urge to roll his eyes.

“I swear I didn’t!” the model denied, raising both hands up in his defence.

“You did.”

“Wait.. yeah. Maybe I did,” Yunho admitted, still confused.

Jaejoong let out a soft laugh after taking his final sip. “This is why I’ve been telling you to quit your bad habits. They make you stupid.”

“Are we talking about me smoking? Again?” Yunho replied, leaning back on his seat as he pushed his hair back. “And, did you just call me stupid?”

“I guess I did. And yes, this is about you chain smoking.”

“You’re not one to talk, baby.”

 “I do smoke, but occasionally. While you, mister,” Jaejoong leaned closer, stretching his arm out across the table to poke Yunho on the shoulder. “smoke as if your life depends on it.”

“I would have already if it was easy.”

“I know. And I understand. But you should at least give it a try,” the blond sighed, leaning back on his chair as he looked away from the other.

“Make me.”

“What?” Jaejoong diverted his eyes back to Yunho’s.

Yunho leaned on the table, eyes zeroed in on the blond’s. “You. Make. Me. Quit,” Yunho said, a sense challenge weighing on every word.

“And how exactly?” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow, watching as the supermodel’s lips formed a devious smirk.

“How about – I get to kiss you every time I deny myself a stick?”

“Are you out of your mind?” Jaejoong laughed, not taking the other seriously.

“Isn't that a given?” Yunho said, making a kicked puppy face. “Now give me a kiss.”

“Shut up! This is srz bznz, you know” the blond retorted, smile never leaving his face.

“As I said, make me.”

“Fine.”

Face stretched into a wide smile, Yunho stretched a hand out. “Deal?”

“Although it bothers me that you would get addicted to my kisses after getting over your nicotine addiction, it’s a deal.” Jaejoong shook the other’s hand.

“Isn’t it the other way around?” A smirk found its way back to the model’s face.

“Nah, I doubt it,” the blond said, shaking his head no.

“So. We both know I usually light a cig while having my caffeine fix,” Yunho wiggled an eyebrow.

“Already taking advantage of the situation, I see. Lucky you’re running late for the photo shoot,” Jaejoong let out a soft laugh as he stood up, preparing to leave. “Let’s go. Take me back to the building.”

Yunho followed suit, almost plastering himself on to Jaejoong’s back as they made their way out of the café. “Not until I get my kiss,” he whispered, taking hold of the other’s hand.

“Who says you’re getting any?” It was Jaejoong’s turn to smirk.

“We made a deal,” the tall man frowned.

“Well,” the blond smiled wide, lifting the hand Yunho was holding. “You can always kiss my hand.”

“That’s cheating.”

“Too bad. Technically, it isn’t,” Jaejoong stated, willing himself not to laugh as it was the first he found the usually confident supermodel looking so doomed. He put his hand down, all the while holding Yunho’s, as he pulled him to the car park. “Come on.”
The drive to Jaejoong’s work place took no longer than eight minutes. Somehow, the blond managed to divert Yunho’s attention by insisting on meeting Kim Woobin, making the other laugh when he said he really really wanted the actor’s signature. In the end, he convinced Yunho to set something up for him.

Yunho shook his head in his own misery. “The things I do for Kim Jaejoong. People would think I’m in love with you,” he said, stepping on the break as they reached their destination.

“You are,” the blond stated in a smug fashion, unbuckling his seatbelt.

“No, not yet.” Yunho confidently wagged his finger.

“Say it again,” Jaejoong dared, leaning closer to the other “This time, try to sound more convincing,” without a warning, he grabbed Yunho by the neck and kissed him. “That’s for the cigarette you didn’t light,” he gave the model’s cheek a light pat before pulling away. “See you later,” he said and got off the car.

Jaejoong walked inside the building, heading to his office with the widest, brightest smile he has ever worn in a long time. Moments later, he felt his phone vibrating inside his pocket.

From: Jung Yunho
Do you expect me to function like a normal human
being after what you just pulled on me?

Of course. I’m sure you’ve had your fair share of
meaningless kisses. That shouldn’t affect you.

How on earth would it not affect me?

Because. You DON’T love me. :)

I’ve reached the location. You know I always smoke
before entering a smoke-free building, right?
I’m not lighting a single stick so you owe me one.

You weren’t driving while texting, were you????


No need to worry. I’m a good driver.

Accidents happen to everybody. Why wouldn’t
I worry?

Because. You DON’T love me, too. :)

---

A/N: Thanks for reading this fic! I really appreciate it. <3