Bonus (Part 3)

My Moves Are Better

I swore to myself that I was going to stop. I really didn't mean for this to happen. I seriously wasn't going to write more to this, but I got stuck on the other stories I was working on, so I started thinking about what else I could do with this one. Woohyun, Sunggyu, and Hoya finally show up/get to talk and I'm kinda happy about that. The second scene here was really hard because all of them are there and they all have to talk or be doing something, but I like how it turned out. I think I might be finally done with this story after this, but then again this is the third bonus I've written so who knows. Okay, I'll stop talking now.

 

 

7)
The cocoon Sungyeol's made with his comforter is starting to get too stuffy to stay wrapped up in it. But it also does a perfect job of keeping out the light and warming the goose-bumped skin of his arms and legs. His head is throbbing, his throat is dry and scratchy, and his skin feels oversensitive. He doesn't think he can even get up to go whine to his mom.

The door to his room opens slowly, the sound of socked feet padding softly on the floor alerting him to someone trying not to make any noise as they enter. He peeks out of his covers expecting to find his mother hovering over him. Instead he sees Myungsoo's smiling face looking down at him.

"What are you doing here," Sungyeol rasps out. He pulls his head out of the covers, the cooler air in the room sending a shiver through him.

Myungsoo climbs onto the bed and wraps his arms around the other boy's body over the comforter. He places a quick kiss on his boyfriend's cheek. "Returning the favor." He adjusts himself so his chest is pressed against Sungyeol's back. The latter leans into his embrace almost immediately. (The fever is probably to blame for that. Under normal circumstances Sungyeol rarely returns his affection so readily; most of the time he just puts up with the younger boy draping himself over him. Myungsoo's willing to take what he can get.) "Your mom had me bring up some soup and some cold medicine," he tells Sungyeol, chuckling softly at the other boy's disgusted face.

"That medicine tastes like death."

"I'm sure you'll live. That's kinda the point." Myungsoo sits up to get the bottle of medicine, but a tug on his shirt stops him short. He looks down and sees Sungyeol pouting up at him.

"Let's stay like this for just a little bit longer."

Myungsoo stares down at his boyfriend in surprise. "Are you always such a baby when you're sick?"

"Is that a no?"

The younger boy lays back down in response and pulls Sungyeol into his arms. A huge smile spreads across his face when the older boy snuggles closer to him and rests his head on his chest. They lay in silence, Myungsoo enjoying holding his boyfriend and Sungyeol drifting off slowly. Within minutes Myungsoo feels the other boy's breathing even out followed closely by light snores. He remembers all of the homework he has waiting for him at home. (That had been the reason he'd come to the Lees' house in the first place: to bring Sungyeol the work he'd missed.) But as he looks down at the sleeping boy on his chest, eyelids fluttering and mouth parted slightly, he decides it can wait.

8)
"Why did I let you talk me into this?"

Woohyun rolls his eyes. If Sunggyu had had his way, he'd still be locked in his room doing extra credit and studying for some test. But Woohyun wouldn't be himself if he couldn't sweet talk the older boy into letting loose and being the teenager he is (instead of the middle-aged man he tended to act like). He takes Sunggyu by the hand to lead him further into the restaurant. They weave through the tables full of families and couples and friends until they reach one near the back. All but two seats around the packed table are already taken and Woohyun and Sunggyu squeeze into them.

"Nice of you two to show up," Sungyeol greets them from across the table.

Myungsoo elbows him in his side. "Says the guy who only got here five minutes ago." Sungyeol retaliates with a pinch to his boyfriend's stomach, starting a play-fight that shakes the table.

"Hey," Hoya calls to them past Sungjong. "I know my parents own the place, but could you try to not destroy it? You're already getting a discount on the food."

At the mention of food, Dongwoo decides to join the conversation. He's practically bouncing in his chair, either from hunger or just because. (Dongwoo's never short of energy; almost always moving, talking, or laughing.) "Speaking of food, when's it getting here?"

As if on cue, Howon's mother and a server arrive with large trays carrying more food than one would assume all of them can eat. They waste no time digging in, giving effusive thank you's to Howon's mom through full mouths. Despite stuffing their faces (Sungyeol looks on in mild disgust as Myungsoo shoves spoonful after spoonful of rice into his mouth and still has room to stuff a huge piece of beef in there too), they still manage to strike up multiple conversations about school and summer plans and trivial things.

At one point, the whole table goes silent while watching what might be the biggest step in the development of Howon and Sungjong's relationship. (Sungyeol thinks the moment is too intimate for them to be staring so blatantly, but he finds it nearly impossible to look away.) Howon taps the younger boy on the shoulder and holds out a piece of meat on his chopsticks for him to eat. Sungjong looks first at the meat and then at his friend. They hold each other's gaze in a silent conversation. The rest of the table stop whatever they're doing to watch the exchange. Sungjong leans forward to accept the piece of meat slowly, his eyes never leaving Howon's. The moment is broken when Sungjong seems to remember that they aren't alone and that there are at least five pairs of eyes on him. He tries to glare at his other friends (who all act very obviously like they weren't just gawking), but his embarrassment shows too clearly.

The table goes back to eating and chatting, sparing Sungjong from the usual teasing. Howon doesn't make any move to feed Sungjong again. Everyone assumes it's because their youngest friend is upset and the older boy doesn't want to make it worse. But Sungyeol swears he sees Sungjong rest a hand on Howon's knee, the touch fleeting, and he looks up in time to see the two boys exchanging glances. He looks away with a soft smile, happy for the two of them.

It takes the seven of them another half an hour to finish their meal. It's not until Howon gets up to pay their bill and Sungjong offers to go with him that they finally unleash their previously restrained teasing.

"Going to thank your mother-in-law," Woohyun asks Sungjong. They all laugh (Dongwoo's the loudest while Sungjong doesn't even crack a smile). Howon has a grin on his face that could either be from the joke or because of the boy standing next to him.

Sungjong chooses not to dignify the quip with an answer and instead steers an overly happy Howon away from the table. When they come back the others are trying to figure out their next move.

"How about karaoke," Sungyeol suggests. "There's a new place a couple blocks from here."

"Ooh, can I invite Amy?" Dongwoo already has his phone out with his thumbs flying across the screen as he types a message to his girlfriend.

Woohyun pulls out his phone as well. "I wonder if Kibum'll want to come. He likes this kind of stuff." Sunggyu goes stiff next to him. The other boy either doesn't notice or chooses to ignore it, instead focusing on texting his friend.

"I bet he does," Sunggyu mutters. He keeps his gaze on the half-empty water glass in front of him as he runs a finger around the rim over and over again. Their other friends do a better job of pretending to mind their own business this time around. (Well, Dongwoo really is minding his business; his eyes haven't left his phone since he took it out and he's pretty much deaf to the maybe-fight brewing next to him.)

Woohyun looks away from his phone to give Sunggyu a look of confusion. His brow knits when realization hits him and he narrows his eyes slightly. "Why don't you call Soyu? I'm sure she'd love to come along." Sunggyu scoffs, but doesn't say anything and the two of them start a staring match that only increases the tension at the table.

"Are we leaving yet?" Dongwoo's cheerful voice breaks the silence. "Amy said she'll meet us at the place in fifteen minutes." He's already out of his seat and grabbing his coat. He turns to Woohyun to ask, "Did you say Kibum was coming?"

The other looks down at his phone, the screen now black, before shoving it back into his pocket. "He can't make it," Woohyun answers. Without a backward glance he slings an arm around Dongwoo's shoulder and leads his oblivious friend out of the restaurant. Howon and Sungjong follow closely behind them, the older boy's hand resting lightly on the latter's hip.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo stand up to leave as well and the taller boy fixes Sunggyu with a disinterested look. "You two are really ridiculous, do you know that?" He's witnessed enough of his two friend's supposed fighting to be very unimpressed with the route this one is taking. He just wishes they would admit they like each other or kiss or do something already instead acting like the best of friends one minute and then worst enemies the next.

Sunggyu rises from his seat and returns Sungyeol's stare. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Why am I not surprised?" The three of them finally head towards the exit. Myungsoo plasters himself to his boyfriend's back, but Sungyeol doesn't falter in his steps. "We should force you two to do a duet. Maybe then you'll realize you're both being stupid and finally get together."

"What makes you think we haven't already started seeing each other," Sunggyu asks just before pushing the restaurant door open.

9)
Sungjong's just entered his room when a noise from his phone tells him he has a new text. He tosses the towel he'd been using to dry his hair onto his bed and retrieves his phone from his nightstand.

From: Hodongie~ Come outside

Sungjong stares at the screen for a moment. Is he actually outside, he thinks as he touches the screen to reply. Why the hell is he outside?

To: Hodongie~ Why?

He goes back to drying his hair while he waits for Howon's answer. His phone beeps a minute later.

From: Hodongie~ I'll tell you after you come outside

Sungjong furrows his brow at the cryptic message. He can't think of any reasons why the other boy would suddenly feel the need to be mysterious. Even as he's changing out of his pajamas, he continues to wonder what Howon has planned. It takes him ten minutes to pull on some jeans, a t-shirt, and a cardigan and consider texting the other for a better explanation before he turns off the light in his room and tip-toes down to his front door. Thankfully, the rest of his family is already fast asleep.

After slipping through the front gate he finds Howon waiting for him. He's leaning against his car, but straightens when he catches sight of the younger boy. A smile makes its way onto his face and Sungjong's sure that's just his natural reaction at this point. But he can't really blame him. He sometimes feels that way when he sees Howon; so happy that the corners of his mouth turn up without him even noticing. It's been like that since he realized he liked Howon. He's been taking Sungyeol's advice and has started showing Howon that he wants to be more than friends. (He had felt too awkward talking to him--probably because they've never actually talked about the older boy's crush on him with each other--so he's taken to letting his actions speak for him.)

"I was starting to think you weren't coming," Howon says quietly. He stands as if he thinks Sungjong might suddenly run back inside if he steps any closer.

"Well, I'm here." Sungjong closes the distance between them, standing close enough that Howon can lean forward and kiss him like Sungjong knows he wants to. (He might even let him.) "Can you tell me why already?"

"I wanted to spend some time with you. Alone. You don't have to if you don't want to, but, um, I was hoping, you know, that you would."

"And this couldn't wait until a normal time?" Despite his tone Sungjong understands why Howon decided to show up so suddenly. Since the two of them started this... thing (Sungjong doesn't know if he should call it dating just yet), their friends seem to be going out of their way to keep them from ever being alone together. They probably feel the need to protect him since he's the youngest, even if it's from one of their own. (Sungjong would tell them he's not as innocent as they think he is, but he doesn't think they could handle that.) He and Howon haven't even been on a proper date. The best they can do is studying together after school in the library.

Howon shrugs helplessly, at a loss for the right words. Sungjong takes pity on him and rests a warm hand on the other's arm. "I would love to spend some time with you." He smiles briefly before walking to the car and getting in.

Howon joins him shortly after. He turns to say something to Sungjong, but the latter doesn't wait to find out what. His lips are on Howon's before the other can react. It doesn't take long for the older boy to start kissing him back. Sungjong breaks the kiss before Howon can deepen it, but not necessarily because he wants to.

"Weren't you planning on taking me somewhere?" He dodges Howon's lips as he leans in again.

"I think I like this plan better," Howon breathes out and Sungjong thinks his knees would've gone weak had he been standing. The next time Howon leans in, Sungjong meets him halfway. The younger boy's last rational thought is that if any of his friends could see him now they'd probably faint from shock.