Bonus

My Moves Are Better

Okay, so here's a thing I did because I couldn't get this story out of my head. These are just a couple scenes that take place after Sungyeol and Myungsoo get together. Dongwoo and Sungjong are more prominent here and Hoya and Woohyun are slightly important. The little bit of hojong that I wrote here made me want to write more, so I'll be (slowly) working on a hojong story related to this.

 

 

1)
"He is not saying that."

"Why not? Woohyun says it works every time."

"Yeah, let's take advice from Woohyun of all people."

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm and I'm totally telling him you're talking smack about him behind his back."

"I say the same stuff to his face. I don't think it'll matter."

"Uh, guys?" Dongwoo raises his hand despite the fact that they're actually in the cafeteria and not a classroom. Sungyeol and Sungjong both turn their attention to him. "Do I get a say in this?"

"What'd I miss?" This comes from Myungsoo, who plops himself down next to Sungyeol. His tray is laden with enough food to feed at least three football players. (Sungyeol still can't believe his boyfriend can eat that much; or that he's not as turned-off by it as he thinks he should be.) He places a quick kiss on Sungyeol's cheek before digging into his lunch.

"There's this new transfer student in Dongwoo's homeroom," Sungjong informs him. "He wants to say something to her in English since she's from America. And Sungyeol was being entirely useless."

Sungyeol squawks in offense. "Hey, I made a very good contribution." He ignores Sungjong's pointed look from across the table and turns to his boyfriend. Resting his arm along the back of Myungsoo's chair, he leans close to him and asks, "Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?" Myungsoo pauses his eating to look at him in confusion. "Well? It's good isn't it?"

There's another pause while Myungsoo swallows his food and then he replies, "He can't say that."

Sungyeol squawks again as Sungjong crosses his arms with a self-satisfied I-told-you-so smirk on his face. "Of course he can," Sungyeol argues. "It'll sound better in English, I swear."

"Please." Sungjong rolls his eyes at the idiot he calls his friend. "He could say it in Russian and it still wouldn't work."

2)
The last bell has already rung and Myungsoo is slowly opening his locker when Sungyeol sidles up next to him. He spares his boyfriend a quick glance before turning his attention back to his locker combination.

"So, Myungsoo," Sungyeol starts sweetly. "You like taking pictures, right?"

"I thought we established this a long time ago?"

Sungyeol rolls his eyes, but continues with his sugary tone. "Don't you wish we could hang out more often?"

Now it's Myungsoo's turn to roll his eyes. "Because between being next door neighbors and having brothers who are best friends, we definitely don't see each other enough, do we?"

Someone's been hanging out with Sungjong too much.

"Look, are you going to let me get to my point or are you enjoying yourself too much?"

Myungsoo makes a show of putting all of the books he needs in his book-bag and leaning on his locker door once he's closed it. He gives his boyfriend a wide smile, his dimples appearing in his cheeks. "You have my undivided attention, so please go ahead and get to your point."

"I will, but just know that I'm kicking your after this." The threat only makes the other's smile wider. Sungyeol rolls his eyes again and leans over to press a short kiss on Myungsoo's lips. "So you know how I'm on the school newspaper? Well, apparently we don't have a photographer anymore--something to do with creative differences or whatever--and I was thinking... You take pictures... We need someone to take pictures... You see what I'm getting at here."

"And what am I getting out of this?"

"You mean besides seeing more of my beautiful face?"

Myungsoo's smile turns teasing as he pushes himself off of his locker. "You call that a perk," he asks while shouldering his bag. "You're supposed to be trying to make me want to join your club."

"Now I'm really going to kick your ."

3)
This is either really sweet or really sad, Sungyeol thinks to himself as he watches Howon bid goodbye to Sungjong. Howon can't be any more transparent with his feelings for Sungjong. Sungyeol can see the words written all over his face and the hearts in his eyes. The younger boy, for his part, is as cool and elegant as he is with almost everyone. But there is the touch of friendliness he reserves for the people closest to him.

Howon walks away after an awkward wave and Sungyeol and Sungjong start walking in the opposite direction. The two friends walk silently for a block before Sungjong finally says something.

"Am I a bad person?"

"Is that a trick question?" Sungyeol can't tell from the other's tone if he wants a serious answer or if he's just voicing a thought.

"I mean for the way I treat Howon," Sungjong clarifies. Sungyeol doesn't know what to make of the guilty look in his friend's eyes. If anything, he's usually the guilty one between the two of them. "I know that he likes me. Everyone knows that he likes me. And I know it must look like I'm just stringing him along. Making it seem like I might go out with him at some point. Because obviously I'm the one holding all of the cards here. But I hate the thought that I'm being unfair to him."

Sungyeol wraps an arm around the younger boy's shoulders in a small attempt at comfort. "Maybe Howon likes it that way. Or at least, it doesn't seem like he minds. Besides, almost everyone thinks you two are already together anyway. And you can't really blame them. He practically worships the ground you walk on."

Sungjong sighs. "But that's not all I want in a relationship."

"I'm sure there's more to Howon than that. Dongwoo likes him." Sungjong tilts his head in response. They can both agree that Dongwoo's opinion of someone is the most important factor. "Would you even say yes if he asked you out? Do you like him like him?"

Another sigh escapes the shorter boy. "I don't know... Maybe? I haven't really thought about it."

"Well, you should." Sungyeol turns to face his friend as they reach the intersection where they usually part. He rests both hands on the other's shoulders, summoning all of his older brotherly authority. "Figure out how you feel about him and then tell him. If you like him then stop acting like you don't and if you don't like him, then definitely don't act like you do." Sungjong nods solemnly. This might be the first time he's actually listening to Sungyeol. "But if you really do like him please tell me first so I can set you guys up. I know just the way to do it."

"God, no. You haven't even managed to get Dongwoo with that girl he likes. And you don't need to go meddling in my love life when you have your own to worry about."

Obviously, the moment was short-lived.