The Boy and the Woods

The Boy

A boy frowned as he gazed at woods from the classroom window.  He hummed not paying attention to the teacher as the clock ticked.  He just wanted to go home.  Lay down.  Think.  

"Do you think the myth is real?" Suho's voice spoke from behind him.  He wasn't going to listen into his friends conversation but it gave him something to do as he stared out the window.  

"No way,  nothing has happened ever since that myth appeared, there's nothing to back it!"  Chanyeol spoke loudly getting a hard look from the teacher.  "Kyungsoo, what do you think about it?"  

Kyungsoo breathed in deeply before exhaling trying to ignore the giant behind him only to be hit over the head with a wad of paper.  "No it's not true!" he snapped turning around sending a deadly glare to the older boy who rose his hands in protection.

The boy rolled his eyes as he turned back to the window his eyes widening before squinting.  There was a figure peaking out from behind a tree near the woods.  He pressed his face closer to the window a shiver running down his back as if the figure was looking straight at him.  

He jumped as the bell rang looking up at the clock before looking back at the woods noticing the figure was gone.  "What was that?" he asked out loud as he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"What was what?"  Suho asked as he lifted his hand away giving a small smile.

"Nothing, I just thought I saw something, I think it was just a bird," Kyungsoo shrugged as he gathered his books walking out of the class his friend following behind him to his locker.  

"Do you want to hang with Sehun and I later?  We plan on playing some card games," his friend offered as the wide eyed boy shook his head no.  "Well, text me when you get home okay?"

"You're not my mother you know..."  He muttered as he closed his locker.  "I'll be fine, now I need to go,"  Kyungsoo rushed as he took off into a sprint to leave the other boy behind.  He ran until he reached outside and looked to the edge of the school.  

The wind grazed past him and.  A whisper?  A voice in the wind.  Pulling him to the woods.   He didn't think twice as if his feet moved on their own as he walked to the side of the school towards the woods.  'It looks so calming and welcoming' he thought to himself as he stepped into the woods before snapping out of his trance. 

Kyungsoo looked around holding his bag tightly as a soft laughter was heard all around him.  "Who's there!" he called out as bushes rustled and a boy stepped out.  He was beautiful.  Tan.  Dark hair.  A pretty smile to match.  Kyungsoo shook his head snapping out of it as he glared at the boy.  "Who are you?" he asked his voice hard and demanding.  

The boy kept smiling as he chuckled.  "Not the most friendly person are you?  Kyungsoo" he asked cocking his head to the side his eyes seemed to twinkle.  

"How do you know my name?" His voice shaking slightly taken back by the mysterious boy.  He must have been the figure by the trees.  

"You mean you don't know me?  But Kyungsoo....I'm your best friend," the tan boy whined before smiling again seeing the others eyes widen.

Kyungsoo shook his head as memories came back to him.  He stepped back feet shaking.  "No, you disappeared a long time ago.  You shouldn't be here.  Jongin, you said you wouldn't come back," his heart was pounding as he dropped his school bag before breaking into a run trying to find the exit of the woods.

Jongin was his imaginary friend when he was little.  That's what his parents told him at least.  No one was able to see Jongin but him.  He knew everything what Jongin liked.  Jongin liked to dance whenever he was upset.  Jongin would make faces at him from outside his window at night.

One night Jongin changed.  The boy wanted to take him away.  Keep him forever.  He said at least.  Jongin secretly promised he would be back for him.  Then he disappeared.  Kyungsoo thought he was gone for good, but here he is.

Kyungsoo panted as he kept running in the woods before stopping.  He looked around panicking as Jongin appeared in front of him.  "Leave me alone!  I need to go back.  My friends!  They'll worry," he breathed heavily trying to move but his legs were stuck.

"Shh," Jongin shushed him as he kept a smile on his face walking closer to the frightened boy.  "You can't go back to them,  I promised myself I would take you for good...I've been watching you all this time," he cooed as he reached a hand out the shorter boys cheek.  

Kyungsoo flenched closing his eyes once the other boys hand touched his cheek.  "I can't go with you...my friends will be upset," he whispered openning his eyes noticing the dark eyes in front of him were now a bright orange as he lost the rest of his words.  

"You're mine Kyungsoo, don't worry, they will be joining soon," Jongin's smile faultered as he spoke as dark horns grew from his head and wings came out of his back.  

"What?" Kyungsoo whispered his voice drifting off as the orange eyes started to glow making his vision grow hazy.  

"I'm your best friend...right Kyungsoo?"  Jongin cooed as he reached out wrapping an arm around his waist as the boy fell into his arms.  The demon smiled his hair gently as he kissed the side of his face.  "Don't worry, you'll be home soon," he whispered as the boy in his grasp stared blankly as he cooed happily as fire rose around them.



They say no one can see the person but the actual person being taken away.  

"Where's Kyungsoo?"

That's what they say.