Sunflower

Bangtan Drabbles

Hoseok and his noona (and implied Namjoon) in childhood au! ; 591 words.


Hoseok was rarely seen crying. Almost never, maybe. Even when he fell from his bike, even when a big bulldog bit his right leg because he was being naughty for teasing the dog by barked infront of it, even when his friends sarcastically told him that he’s such a jester for always smiling like an idiot, Hoseok rarely seen crying.

His parents ever once doubted about their son’s sanity. They once brought him to a psychiatrist for proving that Hoseok isn’t crazy or something, and they got nothing with the psychiatrist smiled softly at them, “your son is not crazy.”.

Little Hoseok spent his day with only happiness. He kept smiling, laughing, and joking around with his friends. Even Hoseok was his friend’s painkiller for always cheerishing them.

.

Hoseok’s sister, that afternoon, sit down on the terrace bench with her notebook on her lap, writing something no one knows what it is, looking at his brother infront of their house playing something with Namjoon, the boy from the family living next to their house.

She look at them with her smile remaining on her thin lips, with her eyes that showing her happiness deep inside her heart. She inhales and exhales softly before she began writing something on her pink notebook.

Dear, Hoseok.

Tomorrow is your birthday!! I wanna buy you a gift (or maybe gifts) but I’m just confused because three days ago you said you don’t need anything on your birthday.

Umma and appa will probably held a birthday party for you tomorrow, don’t forget to give us your greatest smile tomorrow!

Everyone loves you, Hoseokie^^’

She closes her notebook, hugging it tightly before she saw something captivating her eyes.

It is a sunflower on the ground looked so broken with its petals shredded everywhere. She walks a meter to reach it from the ground.

This is obviously representing Hoseok if it’s not broken.

And after that, she walks into the house for grabbing her jacket and wallet. She called Hoseok and Namjoon both, holding the two kids small hands on each her hands.

“We are going to buy some sunflower’s seed for your birthday, Hoseokie.” She said with her smile lingering the confused kids’s eyes.

.

The Jung-siblings now had their garden filled by many sunflowers growing in it. Hoseok likes it very much he even always watering the plant and took a good care of them much often than his noona. It’s a good thing, though.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung was happy when Hoseok’s noona told them about her plan to plant sunflowers on their garden. They allow the siblings to plant them as much as they want. And of course they were happy because she bought it for Hoseok’s 5th birthday.

And now the sunflowers has itself two meter height on its 2nd year since the first time it planted. Even the 7 years old Hoseok can always win the hide and seek game with Namjoon because he becomes one with the sunflowers as his hiding place and Namjoon can never find him in it.

Now they’re playing hide and seek in the afternoon, waiting for Mrs. Jung finishing her blueberry muffins ready.

They’re doing rock-paper-scissor and Namjoon comes out as the seeker.

Hoseok running around his house, searching for a perfect place to hide. And he smiles, while he slips himself between his 2 meter sunflower garden.

Namjoonie can never finds me here. Hoseok giggles to himself, smiling wider that can even put shame on the sun when he hears Namjoon’s shouting his name.