Lunar New Year Gala Rehearsal ♥

New Year Gala

This one shot is based on this video here ~ It's not 100% based on facts here XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBlUKn06qcM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was pretty nervous. His eyes were lingering on the reflection of himself in the mirror. At first he was eyeing the mirror, trying to find a spot which wasn't clear. He just tried to find something which would calm him down.

 

But there wasn't.

 

He was just staring back into his reflection. His own eyes, looking back to himself. He run his right hand through his hair and tried to give it a little more stabilization. He striked his sideburns followed by straightening also his tuxedo. He took a deep inhale, puffed up his chest as his lung getting filled with air before he left his hotel room to take the car and get to today's rehearsal event. 

 

While he was sitting in the car and nervously fumbled with his hands in his lap, another person was trying to convince himself not being nervous at all as well at the same moment. 

 

The latter one was already sitting inside a black van which was directly heading to the gala. The tall one’s eyes were focused on the surroundings which were passing by with every second, they came closer. He just remembered some conversation he overheard a few days ago. He remembered that someone he closely knows might as well attend the rehearsal today. 

 

It wasn't like they haven't seen or heard something about the other at all. But they weren't used to see each other after all the past happenings. 

 

Today was truly a new segment. 

 

First mentioned one left the car as he arrived only to get to the section where he should help the mc there. Today he should be the accomplice Mc. It wasn't the first time to get interviews but moreover he felt a little nervous who he might have to interview. He heard that someone special was attending today's event as well as he does. 

 

Anxiety was rising up inside him as he was standing on the red carpet to welcome the others. 

 

 

 

He turned around as the real MC was calling out for him. He had to do the rehearsal later. He looked at and imagined very syllable of his name. Lu Han. 

 

Said one just came back from his thoughts and stepped closer and shortly discussed something with her before heading back to the job he has to do today. 

 

Idols after idols passed by. Luhan just bid someone goodbye with a chuckle before he turned around just to greet a tall and handsome yet familiar man. He had to gulp and froze immediately but rather shortly in his spot. 

 

Luhan shortly took a deep breath as he noticed that there was no way out right now so he just waited for the tall and familiar looking man to come over to where he and the MC was standing.

 

They shortly greeted each other but Luhans gaze was still paying more attention to the ground as to the faces of the other ones now standing next to him. He took a deep breath as he crossed his arms ever so slightly so his hands were placed in front of his body. He nervously chewed on the inner side of his cheek as he was waiting.

Seconds later the camera was showing up a red blinking dot which just showed him that they were ready for the live interview.

 

So the MC introduced herself before she mentioned the camera boy to sway over to the three males standing next to her.

She shortly introduced them by their names and a soft shiver was running down luhans spine as he once again listened so closely to the syllables she was saying. Wu Yi Fan.

 

It was right, he was standing here with his old band mate Yifan also known as former EXO member Kris.

 

Luhan wasn’t really listening to the woman next to him as she asked several things about the rehearsal and how it helped to improve the performance.

He was so nervous that he needed a moment to realize that the question was directed to him. He nervously took a look around before ever so slowly taking the long black microphone from her. Furthermore he was so nervous that she mentioned that he should look back to the camera and nowhere else.

 

Luhan felt how a thin layer of sweat was already forming up on his skin as he looked back to the camera. He was paying all his attention to the red blinking dot which was rather difficult than easy for him while his upper arm brushed slightly against Kris’s from time to time. 

Even then the MC just took the microphone to shove it closer to Luhans lips since he was talking way to quiet.

 

„Alright... I feel that we have been doing well. And everyone has been great... everyone sings really well... uh..." Just then he nervously tightened his grip on the microphone. He wasn't used to stand that close to Wu Yi Fan. It still was a while ago that they have met each other yet he was still acting all weird next to him. Somewhen he was lost for words and the best thing which came into his mind was showing his thumb up to underline that everything was fine and went well.

Inside himself he was already searching for a hole to dig his own grave and never come back again.

 

At the same time Kris was taking in the same position as the two next to him and a polite smile was gracing his thin lips. He was listening to Luhan and inwardly had to resist the urge to grin about how cute the other acted in this interview.

 

More questions were ask by the MC as she was reaching the microphone again and again to each one of the three to get all the answers she wants to have to satisfy the viewers. Luhan nervously took a few glances here and then to Kris when he was about to answer but just when he would start Luhan would find himself staring blankly back to the red blinking dot with a polite smile gracing his own lips by then. He shortly crossed his arms behind his back as he tried to get rid of his sweaty hands by now since the nervousness was still bothering him.

 

On the other hand he just noticed how calm Kris was acting next to him which led him to the thought that he might overact all the time but nevertheless he couldn’t do anything about it. He couldn’t do anything about his own body and reactions. His hands got sweaty and warm.

 

Kris was explaining how he was happy about the song he could perform today since it reminded him about a lot old memories.
The only thing Luhan could do by now was just nodding his head. He wasn't able to do anything else beside listening and trying to calm himself down. But neither worked.

William Chen was now the one who had to answer the questions and Yifan stepped a little back to make it easier for the MC to interview him but at the same time his shoulder brushed a little more against luhans. The latter just gulped softly and lowered his gaze a little.

Just then Luhan almost missed his part again when he was asked another question about his part in today’s show. He nervously did his best as he tried to focus on his performance today.  He thought he did enough explaining everyone was looking curiously at him and another thin layer of sweat was forming n his skin as he nervously looked back and forth from the MC to the camera and at the same time he felt the gaze from Yifan and William at him. But of course the only thing that made him more nervous was the one of Yifan.

He knew how intense his gaze could be in the past and every time he got a shiver running down his spine.

Nothing could be forgotten about the past.

 

 

 

 

 

 

„As we all know, Luhan has previously acted in the movie 'Back to the 20' and he sang the song 'our tomorrow’ in the movie. The movie of course shows great relation to this New Year show. Can you talk about your expectations about your future?"

 

He nervously gulped before he slowly found himself getting a bit more confident after all. Even though only three to four minutes have passed since he was standing here with this special company.

 

"Uh... I hope that I can develop my career in every direction. I would like to be an all-rounder in this industry. I will try many paths in my career and I wouldn't give up that easily... I hope that I can inspire young people around that they should never give up on their dreams."

 

Luhan, himself, was actually a little surprised about his choice of words in this answer. It was right, he would try many different paths, he wouldn’t give up his dreams... but didn't he just lie? Didn't he just give up one thing? His affection for something more... somebody? ...

 

"Moving on to Wu Yi Fan."

 

"It's such a coincidence that the third rehearsal, coincides with the premier showing of your movie 'somewhere only we know' on the exact same date, 10 th February. I also heard that it has been showing in cinema located in Canada and United States. So, somebody says you are just lucky, but I believe that there must be a lot more untold stories behind your success today. Can you tell us more about this? "

 

 

A short grin was gracing on Yi Fans lips as he listened to the question that got directed to him.

"Actually, I believe that there's no free lunch in the world. I hope that my hard work will bring more good productions to the people. If it is merely luck, I would like to thank all those people who have faith  in me" He shortly paused as he was taking a look at the woman interviewing him before a soft side glance was followed directed to Luhan who wasn't aware of this.

 

„I will also keep it up and I won’t disappoint those who have supported me. Lastly I hope that people will like our performance in this coming spring festival Gala."

 

He took another glance at Luhan before he pressed his lips back into the polite smile, waiting for her to continue the interview at all. 

 

Kris wasn’t the type who would ignore someone who he was familiar with; especially not someone who he might care a lot for in the past. So all he could do was smiling to himself that he had the chance to have this interview here, not only with William Chen moreover with Lu Han. 

 

„So how are you going to spend your New Year in your home town, Yi fan?"

 

„Back in my hometown we will have a reunion dinner together and decorate the house... it's really a nice new year atmosphere over there. It's nice to spend the day with your beloved ones...“

Kris finished his sentence and look back to her before he noticed himself staring for a moment back at Lu Han. He already made something up in his mind.

 

 

 

 

Just then the time came which Luhan feared the most.

 

"Would you all like to try being a reporter for the spring festival gala? Since it’s the first time you all are going on the gala can you guys make a quick interview on each other?"

"I will hand the microphone over to Luhan"

Now he should interview the others. He nervously lifted up his arm to rub his nose as he tried to hide an embarrassed yet nervous smile gracing his lips. He took the microphone from the originally mc but his mind immediately went blank as he needed to think about a question he should ask the two of them. Seconds later after he nervously had a tight grip on the microphone he finally asked one.

„I  ... I will interview the two of them together... heh...“ He thought it might be easier to hide the nervousness he had with Yi Fan standing close to him, watching him with these intense gaze... was there a slight hint of amusement in his eyes?

"As  ...a s a trainee reporter for CCTV I would like to ask the both of you how do you feel spending Lunar New Year in Beijing for the first time?..."
The small one nervously looked between the other two as he waited for them to answer, instantly he hoped for William Chen to take the microphone but moreover he was surprised when the tall one immediately grabbed the microphone from him. A silent gulp was made as he looked up into Yi Fans eyes, embarrassed when he was taking the microphone.

"Y-You first...” Lu Han let a small smile grew up on his lips.

 

Kris on the other hand took the microphone with n amused smile on his lips as he looked directly back into Luhans eyes which let the latter ones ran a shiver down his spine.

 

"Nihao.. Mr. Reporter"... He was still looking directly back into luhans eyes  but furthermore Luhan was slowly averting his gaze again a he noticed how his cheeks were going to warm up only by this soft yet amused smile Kris was wearing on his lips. He felt so stupid by the embarrassment he had only due looking back and standing next to him. 

 

„It’s a great pleasure for me to be here..." Lu Han  was way too focused averting his gaze from Kris that he hasn't notice the tall one was  always looking back to him to give his words an underlining meaning by everything he was saying.

 

Just then his heart skipped a beat when his former leader was ever so slowly taking his other hand as well to hold the microphone but what none of the others noticed was the soft over luhans own hands. The blood inside luhans veins immediately rushed back up into his cheeks, coloring them in a soft rosé tint.

 

" I hope that all three of us will present a good performance for the people and I also hope that they will like it"

Kris answered as easily as he can while at the same time he tried to resist the urge of placing his hands fully over the soft and small ones of luhans. For the moment being he just continued with simply looking back to Luhan as he continued to answer the questions.

 

Soon, Luhan nervously survived his being as a reporter as they have to step a little closer to a screen showing some questions that fans wrote for them. Both of them immediately spotted Luhans picture from the exo xoxo era being shown there.

 

Furthermore something made Luhan blush even more as well as Making Kris smile widely.

 

"Lu Fan. How does it feel to be on stage with Fan Fan? The question is for the both of you" She asked.

 

Only Yifan found his voice back as he sneakily placed his hand ever so shortly onto Luhans back making him blush even more.

 

„I feel very happy and I would like to thank those who have  given us the chance" Well moreover he was truly happy that he could attend this rehearsal and the gala as well with seeing Lu Han somewhere close to him but that was more an unspoken truth by now.

 

Lu han on the other hand was still embarrassed while he just tried to answer the last question directed to him without stuttering much.

 

 

"Actually the rehearsal has started and the director has called upon them to be back on the stage. We are sorry that we could not ask the few questions left that have been prepared. Stay tune. Thank you"

 

With that the red dot stopped blinking and the female MC just bowed and bid goodbye after she told them to head backstage and get ready to go on stage for the next rehearsal.

 

Lu Han was somehow thankful for the interview finally being finished.

 

So he was nervously walking to where the backstage was. He saw William Chen walked past him and in the next moment someone was grabbing his sleeve and made him stop while being pressed against the wall in the dark hallway.

Lu Han gulped nervously as his eyes met the tall ones deep shining orbs.

“I missed you Lu Han…” A soft smile was gracing Kris thin lips while he looked directly back into these round eyes, reminding him about a deer.

 

The seconds seem to be longer than usual when Lu Han was frozen in his spot seeing Kris leaning closer. Eyes were closed as lips softly touching each other for a sweet kiss.

“Don’t leave early later… celebrate with me Lu Han...” with these words Kris left him standing confounded and alone back in the hallway as he went to the rehearsal.

Seconds later with flushed cheeks but a soft sheepish smile gracing his lips, Lu Han started to walk also on stage for the rehearsal. Already knowing that he will have a nice New Year later on… with Kris.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ A / N ]

 

Tadaaah ~ Sorry if it is a little bit crappy but yeah.. I just came back from my audition and I am tired as hell and maybe I have to re read it the next few days or so... who knows XDDD I hope you like it nevertheless... I just thought about writing when I have seen how Kris touched Luhans hand.. that's all  X´D but it was so cute and ngh ;; ♥
If you have any other ideas about what I should write.. (couples or happenings) let me know it? It might be possible that I will write about it then ^^ Just need a few ideas for the future XD