EXO K ~ Moonlight

Lyrical Stories

In the gap between a deepening day, you come quietly

Removing the darkness to wake me from my sleep

And leaving me through the open window

You were standing there, you didn’t know you woke me up. But I didn’t mind. It was one more chance to see you again. It has been a while, too long since I saw you last. Why don’t you walk by more often?

 

Have you, you, you lost your way again

The night air is still cold, get up

So baby hold on, I’m worried about leaving you alone

I leave the road and follow behind you

You sat down somewhere, you looked like you were about to cry. The night is still young, you have plenty of time before you have to go. I was about to get up and help you, like I used to, but you got up and walked by yourself. I didn’t want to leave you alone, so I followed quietly behind you.

 

You’re showered by pouring moonlight

I’ve never seen such an entrancing expression

The moonlight on your skin was beautiful, it made you look heavenly. I’ve never seen you this beautiful before. Why do you have to go so quickly?

 

I see you still like a picture

At the end of the gaze

You’ve stopped, frozen. You’re just staring out into the world, in a lost gaze. I want to take a photo of this moment, to remember it forever.

 

A place where I can’t touch you and can’t even hold you

The reflection on the surface is not her

You looked down into a little pond, so I looked down too. I wanted to reach out and hold you, make sure that you felt safe. But I couldn’t, not after last time. The only thing keeping me from touching you is the reflection you’re staring back at in the water.

 

Your sad story that cant come true

The closer I get the stronger the pain will get

Just that love, stop stop stop stop yeah

Your story is too sad, it shouldn’t have come true. If I could I’d switch places with you in a heartbeat. You know I would. Especially after all we’ve done for each other. I tried to move forward, to just let you know I was there, but you can’t see me. You never will. The closer I get, the more I try, the more it hurts me inside.

 

I’m anxiously calling you like this

Don’t go closer, baby

Your wings will get wet

I tried to speak out, I tried calling your name. You’re walking towards the pond now, but I don’t want you to. Don’t go closer, something bad will happen when you touch the water, I know it.  Just don’t touch it, I don’t want your wings to get wet…

 

No matter how much I talk, you can’t hear me

Your throwing yourself at him again

Why do you dream so dangerously?

No matter how loudly I yell your name, you can’t hear me. I know why you can’t, because you only wanted him. I was happy seeing you two together, but now this is too painful. You’re standing there, but it’s him in the surface. You can’t be with him anymore, don’t you see you’ll get hurt? Why do you dream like this?

 

Now stop tiring your heart and let it rest

My heart is shredded into pieces watching you

Stop doing this, you’re hurting yourself. Your tiring your heart, you need to let it rest. Even if you can’t stop for your heart, think of mine. It’s being torn apart just watching you. Just please, turn around and I’ll save you.

 

Your showered by pouring moonlight

I’ve never seen such an entrancing expression

The moonlight is in your hair, making it glow elegantly. You are so beautiful, you know that right? But right now, behind your beauty, I only see pain in your eyes. But I can’t do anything but watch.

 

I see you still like a picture

At the end of the gaze

You’re standing still again. You’ve stopped, as if you heard my thoughts. I want you to turn around, and see that I am always here for you, I always was.

A place where I cant touch you and cant even hold you

The reflection on the surface is not her

Even though I reach out to you, even though I want to take you away from here, I can’t. You may not want to leave, but it’s dangerous here. We can both see that the reflection on the surface is not you.

 

Your sad story that cant come true

The closer I get the stronger the pain will get

Just that love, stop stop stop stop yeah

Why does your story have to be this sad? I don’t want you to be in this much pain. Even though I’m getting closer, I feeling your pain too. I know how hard it is to lose the person you love most. I know how hard it is to move on. I know after losing you.

 

I’m anxiously calling you like this

Don’t go closer, baby

Your wings will get wet

I’m getting nervous now. You keep inching closer. Please don’t move. Just stop for me. I don’t want to see you suffer when you meet the person in the reflection. Even though you’re in the water now, I’m still watching to make sure your wings don’t get wet.

 

As if nothing happened

You painfully smile towards me

But your slender white shoulders start trembling

Finally you turn around, but it’s too late. The pain has reached you. The surface was an illusion, and now you’ve broken it. You can’t have him back, so just take me instead. I’ll always look after you.

But then you look up at me. For the first time since I lost you, you’ve looked me in the eye and smiled. But something was different about this smile. It was weighed with pain. You’re trying to hide your secret from me, but I’ve always known. As if you can see that I know, your smile is weighed down with your pain, and your shoulders start to tremble.

 

I’m telling you

Rest by my side

Rest at my side for just a little while

When dawn comes you can fly toward the place where the moon gets dark

Come with me, rest by my side. I’ll protect you, even if it’s just for a little while. When dawn comes, you’ll have to leave. But you can stay with me now. Just come over and rest in my arms before you have to fly off.

 

A place where I can’t touch you, and we can’t be together

You walked forward, out of the pond. You walked into my arms, but I couldn’t touch you. You went right through me, leaving a heavier pain running through me. 

 

It’s not you that flew to me when night fell

When I turned around to look at you, you weren’t looking back at me. Now I remember, I remember what happened on that dreadful night.

 

My sad story that can’t come true, tears are flowing

This wasn’t your story, it was mine. I followed you like I did on that night, and I told you I’d switch places in a heartbeat. And we did. I watched you every night, I watched you with him. You were happy, so I had to be as well.

 

The closer I get the stronger the pain will get

I swear I cannot stop loving

Now that I’ve met you once more, the pain was just doubled. We can’t be together. Not like this. And there is no chance now I’m like I am. But I will never stop loving you.

 

Just that love, stop stop stop stop yeah

I’m anxiously calling you like this

Don’t go far, baby

Your wings will get wet