family mornings

just another day in paradise

an: i actually posted this on twitter first! i will start posting drabbles on twitter earlier than on livejournal/AFF for my twitter friends so please feel free to follow if you want! you don’t have to, since everything i write there will be posted here when i finish the full update anyway!

 

It's been weeks since the babysitting night and Kyungsoo prides himself on having settled in marvelously with the Park family. He finally gets why everyone adores Sehun, now that the little brat doesn't try to intimidate him anymore.

"What do you want for breakfast today, Sehun?" Kyungsoo stifles a yawn in his palm, hair still uncombed as Sehun drags himself to the kitchen island.

Kyungsoo stays over most days now, and they've been talking about making it a permanent thing; Kyungsoo's apartment was the smaller of the two and Chanyeol's house had always been made for three. It's a tentative arrangement, but Sehun's gotten used to being woken up by both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

Sehun shrugs, struggling to keep his eyes open and shirt riding up to expose his stomach. "I just want toast," he mumbles. "With jam." The poor kid lies facedown on the granite, attempting to catch a few more minutes while the bread toasts.

Kyungsoo suppresses a fond smile, reaching to grab the toaster from the cabinet. He's got eggs already frying for Chanyeol and himself; he's taken control of the cooking while Chanyeol has been tasked with the cleaning up. Chanyeol doesn't mind because he's been eating so much better with Kyungsoo around.

"I'm going to pick you up from school today, okay?" Kyungsoo says, hearing the shower shut off from their bedroom. "Because Daddy's got to stay a little longer tonight." Another perk of having Kyungsoo around: Sehun doesn't have to go to Joonmyun's after school anymore. Kyungsoo gets off work earlier, and consistently. He's also gotten used to calling Chanyeol "Daddy" in front of Sehun.

"Okay, hyung." Another yawn, "Will you watch the next episode with me, too?"

"You got it, buddy. Morning, babe." Kyungsoo glances away from the eggs for a second as Chanyeol walks in, entirely too awake for this early in the morning. He's managed to actually get his tie on right today, though his shirt seems to be misbuttoned.

"Morning!" Chanyeol grins, taking in the sight of his two night owls. "Aww, look at you two. My sleepy babies." He crosses the room to press a quick kiss to Kyungsoo's lips, who waves him away with a scowl belied by smiling eyes, before dropping another kiss onto Sehun's bedhead.

"I'm sure I'd have slept better if I wasn't so sore." Thank God it was Kyungsoo's day off; they'd taken advantage of the fact last night as well. Chanyeol sends him a goofy smile in return.

"What?" Sehun asks, looking up in concern.

"It's nothing, Sehun, don't worry," Kyungsoo replies smoothly, placing Sehun's toast in front of the boy and the other two plates of eggs afterwards. "Hurry up and eat; you've still got to brush your teeth and get dressed."

"Thank you," the Parks chorus, making Kyungsoo shake his head and roll his eyes.

"I don't suppose you'll be getting dressed, too?" Chanyeol asks, taking in Kyungsoo's oversize sleep shirt and a pair of sweats he'd only pulled on in the morning. (They were opposites; Kyungsoo hated pants and Chanyeol thought shirts itched.) Both were Chanyeol's at one point, and although most of Kyungsop's wardrobe had been moved over, Kyungsoo always seemed more comfortable in Chanyeol's big hoodies than his own.

"Nope." Clothes, in Kyungsoo's opinion, should always be forgone if possible. He notices Sehun's already finished his toast. "Sehun, do you want some of my eggs?"

Sehun of a month ago would have refused, shy, but now he just nods and lets Kyungsoo portion out half of the eggs onto his plate.

They finish breakfast in peace, Sehun reviving some after food and Kyungsoo after a cup of coffee that Chanyeol steals sips from.

"So bitter," Chanyeol complains, mournfully looking down at the unsweetened coffee.

Kyungsoo snorts, snatching his mug away. "At least I don't drown mine in enough cream to give you diabetes."

"What's diabes?" Sehun asks curiously, munching on his eggs.

"Diabetes, Sehunnie. It's what you get when you eat too many sweets. If you eat too many, you'll get diabetes and then you won't be allowed to eat sugar at all!" Kyungsoo waggles his finger warningly.

Sehun's eyes round. "Daddy, don't get diabestes! We have to eat ice-cream on Fridays still."

"Don't worry, Sehun, I'm gonna be alright. Besides, there's sugar free ice-cream, too." Chanyeol laughs at the still stricken look on his son's face and ruffles his hair. "Alright, baby, let's go get dressed; I gotta go soon."

"Not a baby!" But Sehun shovels one last spoonful of food into his mouth before hopping off the stool, trotting after his dad towards the bathroom.

Kyungsoo takes him time with breakfast, listening as the two Parks fool around in the bathroom. He'd never really expected to inherit a family when he'd first accepted his friend's offer for a blind date, but now, sitting in their home feeling warm and domestic, he definitely doesn't mind.