Six

The Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun soared up the clear sky that afternoon. It was hot considering it was still spring with cherry blossom bloomed at it's finest on the tree. Seungri was walking down to his red Chevy truck with loads of groceries in his arms. Chaerin was following close behind him and was telling him how good to be out of the village after quite sometime. 

    
    "Wanna have some icecream?" he said glancing over his shoulder at her with a look of playfulness while he stuffed the groceries into the truck. Her eyes dilated and her face beamed like a kid who received a candy. she nodded once and he smiled back at her and together, they walked hand-in-hand to the ice-cream parlour across the street. Chaerin walked faster as they're nearing the stall. She was all joy and she hummed a cheerful rhyme as she walked.

    
    He was almost certain that he finally found the love of his live. That his waiting and searching for his other half was almost over. Lee Chaerin was everything he ever wanted; she's beautiful,kind-hearted, passionate and free. And he was falling head over heels for her.


    He counted many times in his head where he wanted to just spun her around and kiss her senselessly, run his fingers in her rich black hair or just bury his head on her shoulder where they embraced each other through the night. Seungri sighed over his wishful thinking. He doesn't even know if she like him or not. He knows nothing about her; her story, her thought or her heart.


    He recalled their first encounter. Lee Chaerin was different from what she is right now; she's timid, frightened and lost. Everytime he laid his eyes on her, he could sense something was wrong and he could see tears at the corner of her eyes. He never knew how hard her life has been, she had never told him anything. Maybe it was so horrible for her to tell and remembering it now will never change anything, or maybe, she just wanted to keep it to herself;a little secret that only she knew.


    "What were you thinking?" Chaerin sudden question had woke him up from his deep thought. Awkwardly, he flashed an assuring smile and shook his head. 


    "It was nothing," he said and walked up to her, grabbing the ice-cream from her hand and it away.


    "I laughed more when I'm with you than I have been for twenty five years of my life and I only know you for a month," she confessed. She was telling the truth. She didn't remember the last time she let herself go and laugh wholeheartedly. There were always a limitation. Don't laugh, don't smile, don't speak unless were asked. She had been living like that for her entire life until she forgot what she really wanted and just do everything that she has been told.

Mother never told her that she love her. It was always JiYong. Sometimes, she wondered if she ever loved her. JiYong told her several times that Mother loves her, and that was how she showed love; by telling her what to do just to protect her, just to make sure that she wouldn't be hurt and have a perfect life.


    But to protect her from what? What could possibly hurt her? The world?


    She could never justify her actions were just a caring gesture in making sure of her safety. Mother who was the one who hurt her, she was the one who makes her less perfect.

    Inhaling the air deep into her lung, she cast her thoughts and back to stare at the man beside her. He was staring at her with his magnetic gaze. He was watching her with a little playful smile at the corner of his lips, propped his elbow on the table and just looked at her. She was surprised to see him like that and she felt herself blushing.

    That man was always surprising her. And she was never thought that, that kind man was ever existed. The man in her fairy tale. She was amused by his tenderness, his calmness and his sweetness like a prince charming as she has been charmed.

    They never talked about feelings or love. Their relationship was more like a very good friend; sharing inside jokes and a little secret. Living at the same house and doing chores together, sharing meals and honest conversation but that's it. Nothing ever happens.

    Well, not that she wanted something to happen. While the truth was, a lot of things had happened. Like for instance, she lost count how many times he makes her heart go wild. Everytime he smiles, she felt the Earth has stop spinning and everytime he spoke to her, she wished that the clock has stop ticking. 

    She wanted to live the moment forever. And she wanted that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter