Four

The Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri focused his eyes on the road. It has been a bumpy ride, but somehow he felt relatively calm. A serene moment just like before the storm hits the ground. Both of them were quite. He controlled the steering wheel and she, the young lady with short black purple hair looked out the window intensely. But surely, it’s not for long before the thunder roared.

                “Who is she?” she said. Her tone was flat but heavy with curiosity and hatred. Like she was saying a curse. Her face was distorted with disgust as she folded her arms. Strands of her hair swayed roughly by the wild ride.

                “A friend,” he answered without even looking at her. He knew she was mad. But the problem was, he doesn’t know why. Why she has to be bothered by some girl she never knew?

                “How long has she been here?”

                Seungri shrugged. “A while.”

                Minzy glanced at him. Her small eyes narrowed to him and she let out a soft ‘hump’ and continued to look outside. “When will she leave?” she asked again with the same cold and harsh tone.

                “Whenever she feels like it,” he said casually.

                “Oppa!” she finally burst, snapped her head at him and she glared.

                “What?” he snickered.

                “I don’t like her!”

                He rolled his eyes. “You don’t even know her. How could you hate someone that you don’t know?” Sometimes, her childishness was out of control, he thought.

                “I’ve known enough. She’s not a good girl,” she said firmly, looking straight to the long dirty road.

                “And what a good girl should look like, huh? Purple hair, and what are you wearing? Leggings?” he said as he glanced to her. He always feeling unsatisfied with the way she dressed. Ever since she moved to the city for her study, she looked different.  She was no longer a sweet little girl who always following him around the farm and sometimes, bothering him every night and day. The kid who always finding a way to make him smile and shared every laughter together. Someone who was faithful to hear his story although he knew, she wouldn’t understand.

                But somehow, he felt the girl he knew, were no longer here.

                Minzy‘s cheeks reddened and she covered her thigh with her bag in a flash. “It’s called fashion,” she retorted, flushed. “What do you know about the outside world? You’ve spent all your life in this farm.”

                Seungri flicked his finger on her head and she screamed immediately. “What? I don’t know about the world? I’m older than you, kiddo. What else that I didn’t know. I know everything. What else that I don’t know? History, politic, latest drama, or…or girl group? I know it all.”

                “You don’t know anything about woman,” she blurted casually.

                “Woman?” he frowned.

                You don’t even know how I feel, she thought. Minzy sighed softly. “Anyhow, she’s not a good girl. She’s not a good girl, for you. You don’t even know how to treat a lady. You’re going to be hurt.”

                He smiled faintly and killed off the engine. “Aigooo, you’re worry about me? Is that all this tantrum about?” He ruffled her hair softly and smiled more brilliantly.

                “Tantrum?” she asked furiously with her hands swayed in front of her face to push her arms away.

                He flashed his brilliant smile again and cupped his hand on both side of her small head.  He looked at her intently. Minzy started to feel uncomfortable. Not that she hated it but her heart was beating too loudly, she scared he might heard it. “Minzy-ah, I’m much older than you. I don’t need you to watch over me. Just take care of yourself and your family. I’m your oppa, let me take care of everything else.”

                Minzy held her breath. In this intimidating closeness, she was swayed by his addictive scent and his sweet talk. She hoped this moment will last forever as she stared at him, right through his captivating eyes.

                Seungri dropped his hands and ruffled her hair again. “You don’t want to go home? Your mom will be ang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter