The Mark

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae waited patiently for Sungmin and Eunhyuk to finish their duties at the store while contemplating Leeteuk's words in his head. He tried to wrap his head around this big secret of the forbidden bond with humans. It always made sense to him why the bond shouldn't be allowed despite not being given an explanation. He watched Eunhyuk move around inside the shop and thought really hard what kind of danger he may have put himself and his brothers in by borrowing some of the latter's energy. 

Why is he staring at me?

Donghae was interrupted by Eunhyuk's own thoughts and saw the latter uncomfortably checking himself out in the mirror. He cleared his throat and pretended to look the other way as to not give himself away. It still didn't make sense to him how he could possibly hear Leeteuk's telepathy from earlier. Probably a side effect I wasn't aware of.

After a few more minutes Sungmin and Eunhyuk finally finished closing up shop and joined Donghae outside. 

"Sorry it took us long," Sungmin apologized as he locked the door. "We usually don't get that much customers on a Wednesday, but thanks for helping out."

Donghae just nodded his head at Sungmin's smiling face of gratitude before turning his attention at Eunhyuk. "We need to follow Jung-, I mean Leeteuk hyung."

Eunhyuk scrunched his face up in puzzlement. "What? Why?"

"We have matters we need to talk about."

"Well, why didn't you just go with them earlier?" Eunhyuk crossed his arms in inquiry. It wasn't that big of a deal for him to visit his friend's house but he still wasn't exactly sure that Donghae wasn't the shady character he thought to be. "If it's so important, I mean."

"The transport wasn't big enough," Donghae answered plainly.

"Oh." Eunhyuk immediately felt guilty for grilling Donghae for such a trivial matter, a feeling that didn't go unnoticed by Donghae. "Well, I mean, I guess we should call first and let them know we're coming."

"They already know." 

"Oh, well, then in that case, you guys can just come ride with me!" Sungmin offered without missing a beat. "I like visiting Yunho hyung's house anyways. It'd be fun!"

Donghae wasn't sure why Sungmin seemed overjoyed at the idea of visiting Yunho's house but he did feel Eunhyuk's hesitance. "Maybe you guys could go. I don't want to bother-"

"You're coming," Donghae interjected suddenly. He wasn't sure why he needed Eunhyuk to be there but, all he knows was that he just needed him to be there, with him. 

Silence fell among them for a good five seconds before Sungmin broke it by being his usual cheery self. "Perfect! Let's go!"  

Eunhyuk and Donghae followed after Sungmin to his car and both felt a strange constriction inside their stomach. Eunhyuk brushed it off as part of his hunger while Donghae put it on their environment. Gravity is not good for angels. 

~*~*~*~*~

Kyuhyun, Jaejoong, and Leeteuk were all sitting on the couch while Kangin and Yunho were sitting opposite them. A tensed atmosphere was looming all over them and none of them were quite sure how to break it. Yunho's phone received a text message that broke the quiet atmosphere around them with a message from Sungmin informing him that they are on their way and very hungry so he should set up something to eat for them. Yunho sighed but it was Kyuhyun that broke the silence. 

"So, are you guys like defects or what?"

Kangin was quick to scowl at his comment and Yunho was quick to hold him back.

"No, Kyuhyun, " Leeteul intercepted, "they're just.." Leeteuk tried to find the right words to describe them but all he could come up with was, "they're just born without grace."

"You mean soul?"

"No, I mean grace." Leeteuk looked at Kangin and Yunho's marks and bit his lower lip. "I didn't know they still existed. The last known contact angels had with trackers was a long time ago. We all assumed that they had just...died out."

Kangin scoffed at Leeteuk's comment and the resentment he had was very apparent to everyone. "Well, you're not that far off."

"Kangin," Yunho said with a warning tone. "Don't mind him. He's still going through his rebellious phase."

"I still don't understand," Jaejoong said. "What is your purpose? I thought separation between angels and humans were necessary n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter