Meeting My Fiancee's Brother

Finding Eve

Hi Guys!!! So I'm not dead (yet). Anyways, more author notes on the bottom!~~


The moment the students started flooding in, the wide-eyed boy turned to greet each and everyone. The Cain housemates followed in suit, mirroring his actions to the best of their abilities. It wasn't that surprising when the girls started to gush over them, though they were a little hesitant to shake Jongdae's hand for a variety of reasons. Never the less, he kept a smile on his face despite his annoyance bubbling up inside.

"CHEN-CHEN!!!" 

He felt himself get tackled by a familiar face, "Minhee?!" 

"In the flesh" she giggled and pulled on his arm teasingly.

Jongdae pushed her off, "What are you doing here?" She pouted at the loss of contact and tried to hug his arm again, only to be rejected.

"Yah! Is that any way to treat your fiancée?" This seemed to gather some attention from his housemates.

"You have a fiancée? Since when??"

"Since ne-"

"Since our parents decided we would look good together," Minhee piped up. This was the worst thing that could happen by far. It wasn't that Jongdae was unhappy to see Minhee; they are childhood friends after all. It's just... Well, Minhee tends to be a little obsessed with him, especially after their parents considered having the two get engaged. Key word, considered.

"Alright, first of all, Minhee, you know that our parents haven't made it official-"

"-They did this morning! Our moms really wanted to be in-laws."

"Second! You still haven't answered my question. What are you doing here? You're two years older than me. You shouldn't be here." 

"But I wanted to see oppa perform, and Xiumin invited us to come and watch." She teared up. 

"Wait a moment," Joonmyun cut in, "this 'Xiumin' character wouldn't happen to be that guy with the kendo armor, would he?" They all thought back to the earlier performance, the hidden face, and the way the dummy's head rolled around the floor after being whacked off. How could this cute little girl have such a scary little brother? On the other hand, Jongdae had enough of her of her useless squabbles.

"Don't change the subject!"

"But-"

"But nothing! You have no right to barge in here and call yourself my fiancée just because our parents made some stupid agreement! What makes you think I want to marry you?" A group of people started to surround them, watching the troll yell at the poor girl who started to cry.

"What the hell is wrong with him? Anger issues much?"

"Yeah, like seriously? Whoever ends up with him is a goner for sure."

"Poor dear should have seen it coming."

They stared at him with judgmental, disapproving glares.

"What kind of man is he?"

"He's definitely a Cain, isn't he?"

Minhee looked up at him with watery eyes.

"Oppa." And with that, Jongdae ran off.


Minseok walked around the grand hall with his parents and his eldest sister, Sohee. Somewhere along the middle of the party, they lost his other sister, but they figured she would probably be okay by herself. How wrong they were...

"But nothing! You have no right to barge in here and call yourself my fiancée just because our parents made some stupid agreement! What makes you think I want to marry you?" 

The family turned to find the source of the angry voice, but took a double take when they noticed their younger daughter was in the center of it. A young boy sprinted out of the crowd towards the balcony, causing the assembly to disperse away from Minhee. Almost immediately, the family rushed to the poor, crying girl, comforting her, except for one.


"U-unnie!!*hic* O-oppa *hic* h-hates m-m-me *hic**hic* no-now!!" She sobbed.

"Shhh.... There, there Minhee-ah. He doesn't hate you." Sohee patted her hair gently. Their parents on the other hand were more focused on other things.

"Please tell me that young man that just ran away wasn't who I think it was."

"Honestly Minhee, if that's Haejong and Daehyun's son..."


 Thankfully, it was dark outside, so Jongdae didn't notice him standing beside his crouching figure. He bent down until he lips were centimeters away from the latter’s ear.

"So, you wanna tell me what happened back there?" His presence caused the troll to jump and fall backwards.

"What the hell! How’d you get here?" Jongdae squinted to get a better image of the stranger’s face, much to no avail.

“A gentleman never reveals his secrets.”

“Do gentlemen also make people fall on their asses.” The mystery man stifled a laugh.

“Touché, but we’re getting off topic now. What happened?”

“I don’t have to tell you anything.”

"Actually, since you caused quite the commotion, you don’t really have a choice." He tossed something at Jongdae, who caught it with ease. 

"Disciplinary Committee... You've got to be kidding me. This is a joke, right?"

“Not really. Is it supposed to be?”

“No… I just didn’t know that we had a committee for that.”

“You’re evading the question again.”

“Look, whoever you are, it was nothing, honest. That girl and I just had some misunderstandings-”

"Then why did you yell at a girl then run away as soon as people started making accusations against you?" Jongdae opened his mouth to deny it, but the man continued.

“If it was a misunderstanding, why didn’t you correct anybody? Are you as terrible of a person as they say to are?” Jongdae remained silent, unaware of the tears forming in his eyes.

“No…”

“Then come on. Let’s go back and show those people what you’re able to do.” he walked a little closer and offered a hand. To his surprise, Jongdae took it and dragged him back into the building.


Once the crowd dispersed, Joonmyeon and Kris walked over to the family left over.

“Um, excuse me? Minhee right?” The girl lifted her head from her sister’s shoulder.

“Yes?”

“I know that now isn’t a good time, but you said that your brother invited you here. Do you have a picture of him?”

“Um… sure?” She took out her phone and showed them the first picture that she could find.

photo e644ca9d-f60a-417d-8dae-8cabe797deea_zpsjdt7rr2b.jpg

“....What is this?” Kris turned the phone back to her.

“Oh! Whoops… hehe. Here’s the actual picture. It’s a little outdated though.”

photo 05fcb847-a4c2-4c99-a427-83865b5e1880_zpsnjvptykd.jpg

Just then, two figures walked towards them…..

"Xiuminnie!!!"

photo xiumin2_zpsnt62gap0.jpg

"Hi noona~"


Huehuehue, so many pictures of my bias~~ Anyways, no, I did not fall off the face of the planet; however, I must say that college is beyond hard. I was literally drowning in work and trying to plan this story with sparrownat97 (who also didn't fall off the face of the planet for those who follow her stories. She's been doing pre-college stuff and religious stuff that I don't want to touch) was no picnic since she's heading off to college in exactly a month. BUT HAVE NO FEAR!!! We finally have planned out the chapters, so you won't have to wait as long for these chapters.