WTF Just Happened? (pt. 1)

Finding Eve

The morning started with a loud crash courtesy of our resident brat as he rushed to pack his backpack. everyone in the house could hear Kris's voice screaming at him for procrastinating and Mother Suho trying to calm him down. Typical day in the Cain House. Deciding that now would be a proper time to start his morning routine, Jongdae got up and gathered all of his things, racing to the bathroom before Kris could take it. He smirked at the shout of surprise and the rapid thumps that followed in suit. 

"Dammit Chen, every time!" He laughed and continued to brush his teeth, thinking about all the things going on today. First, everyone in class is going to congratulate them for ranking in the top 10 again, meaning they would still get to sit in the VIP lounge and skip classes anytime they wanted. Then,they get to show off at the senior talent show. To top it off, tonight, the senior class Adams get to meet up with the Eves (who will be watching) and hopefully get paired up.

With one last glance at the mirror, the troll deemed himself ready to go. Immediately, after he opened the door, Kris pushed him aside and raced in to put on his precious BB Cream. Yup, typical day.


The six boys strutted down the hallway, expecting a crowd to applaud them if not glare out of jealousy, but nothing happened. If anything, everyone was quietly staring at them with... fear and pity. Sehun ran towards the bulletin board where all the test scores were posted and when he came back, a look of horror adorned his face. 

Only three of us made it to the top ten." The rest of them sprinted towards the scores, disbelief running through their minds every step of the way. 

Fall Midterm Ranks

1. Xi Luhan- 100

2. Do Kyungsoo, Lee Jinki, & Kim Minseok -98

3. Kim Jongdae, Kim Junmyeon & Zhang Yixing- 96

4. Byun Baekhyun- 95

5. Kim Kibum & Park Chanyeol- 93

6. Huang Zitao- 91

....

11. Lee Taemin & Oh Sehun- 86

12. Wu Yifan- 84

....

17. Kim Jongin- 75 

"Kai you little ! What the hell happened?"

"Hey, you didn't make it either angry bird!"

"At least I was close enough, you got a 75 Kai! A 75!!!"

"I wanna know who the hell these people are that took our place? I mean, I can understand president Jinki and his group of friends making it, but what's a Baekhyun?" An annoyed cough cut through the argument. 

"I'm Baekhyun." A well groomed man stood in front of them with his hand on his hip. His lined eyes narrowed at the six boys before turning away with a "hmf". Most of the alpha housemates showed obvious offense, except for one. 

baekhyun photo unnamed_zps5bbdc389.png

"He's... Stunning." Chanyeol whispered as his eyes followed the retreating figure in awe. 


Kai sighed in defeat as he stared at his answer sheet. He admit that he didn't spend as much time as he normally did studying, but he thought he knew the material well enough to pass. 

"Jongin?" He looked up to see his favorite teacher and his dance instructor standing in front of him. 

"Ah, Mr. Kwon... Youngbae-hyung... I'm so sorry about my midterm. I thought I understood everything, but looks like I was wrong. Are you going to cut me from the performance hyung?" Kai looked at them with a defeated look on his face. He could already feel the disappointment in their stares. 

"No." What?

"You've worked really hard on your dance to have it taken away from you, so Mr. Kwon and I found a better solution to your problem without punishing you much." Youngbae threw a gentle smile between his favorite dancer and his fellow teacher. 

"This doesn't mean you're off the hook Mr. Jongin. I just think that a promising Adam such as yourself should be able to show off to all his potential suitors what he's capable off; however, I expect you to come here after practice for some tutoring sessions." He flashed a smile towards his student before turning to leave. 

"Tutoring, but won't your wife be upset if you don't come home?"

"That's a different issue. I'm not tutoring you Jongin, I'm just lending you my classroom. You'll meet your tutor soon. Besides, it's not the first time I've left Dara home alone." He gave a subtle wink towards Youngbae, causing the dancer teacher to blush and leaving his student extremely confused. 

"Well, I'm... Going back to the studio, see you there Jongin!" And the smaller male ran off. 

"What just happened?"


The crowd went wild as Kai threw a charming smirk towards them before heading backstage. There, his friends were waiting to congratulate him for his win. They could still heard the Eves screaming his name and their begs to bear his "offspring".

"Give it up for the amazing Kai, everybody! And now, another dancer. Adams and Eves, put your hands together for Lay!!!" A lean, yet slightly muscular boy emerged from the right side of the stage, clad in all black, highlighting his bright orange hair. Aside from the chains around his neck, he had a variety of bracelets that wrapped around his thin arms like vines, but what stood out the most, his aloof expression. 

yixing photo unnamedyi_zpsd90588ec.jpg

Whispers of confusion and skepticism filled the air and the six boys looked at the poor soul up on stage. 

"He's doing a dance after Kai. That's gotta be rough," Suho gazed at him with pity from behind the right side of the curtain. It didn't really help that the crowd had their own objections as well. 

"He looks like trouble."

"Shh! He's still an Adam!"

"Oh god, he's going to so much!"

"What if I'm stuck with him for a partner?"

"He looks stupid."

Suddenly, the music started and his withdrawn appearance was replaced with one of deep concentration. The robotic reverbs cut through the tense atmosphere as the deep bass pounded through the speakers. His body moved in tune with the beats, and although it wasn't as graceful as Kai's ballet, it was mesmerizing in its own way. Every and jerk, every twist and bend, it was too elaborate for an amateur, but raw enough to appear free. 

The dance ended too soon, or so Suho thought. He just stood there hypnotized that he failed to see Lay exit through the left side and he forgot to come out when the announcer called him, twice

 

(To Be Continued)