Chapter 2: Part Two

Begin
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/n: Sorry for the delay. I was sick so I couldn't post it on Friday like I said. But I am done now, so here you go. I am not sur eif it's good though...it didn't exactly turn out how I imagined it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER TWO

 

[Tokyo Streets]

 

    “Jaejoong! Wait!” Yunho yelled as he ran behind Jaejoong.

    Jaejoong didn’t listen to him at all and kept on running, as fast as he could.

    “God! Jaejoong! Stop! Let’s talk!” Yunho yelled after him again.

    “There is nothing to talk about, Yunho! Go away! I am not ready!” Jaejoong’s voice quavered.

    “It’s been five years, Jae! How can you not be ready?” Yunho shouted. He was really at his wits end.

    “Not when I suddenly bump into you! Just come back tomorrow!” Jaejoong knew that was a dumb thing to say, but he didn’t know what else to say.

    “What the- Jae! This is not a ing game! Who knows when we will meet again!”

    “I don’t care! I am going through lots of emotions right now, ! Leave me alone!”

    “Hey! Just wait! Let’s talk for a while. Catch up on things…”

    Jaejoong scoffed, but didn’t stop running.

    “Catch up on things? What things? What is there to talk about, Yunho? Oh, look at me, my so called boyfriend, oh wait ex-boyfriend,” Jaejoong emphasized, “didn’t even bother to call me or keep any forms of contact and now all of a sudden decides to catch up on things. Go ing catch up with your tail!”

    “That does not even make sense! I am not a ing cat! That reminds me, how is Jiji?” Yunho asked, trying to keep up at least a conversation with Jaejoong even while running.

    “The do you care?”

    “He is my baby!”

    “You just said you were not a cat!”

    “Well he is using the name I gave him!”

    “Excuse me? I was the one who named him that!”

    “No, I was the one who came up with that name.”

    “He is my cat!”

    “He ignores you, Jaejoong!”

    “... you, Jung!”

    “Don’t you already have a boyfriend to ?”

    Jaejoong finally stopped and turned around. Yunho was too caught up on running to hold back, so he crashed on to Jaejoong. Jaejoong fell backwards and Yunho fell on top of him. Yunho quickly put his palm behind Jaejoong’s head so he won’t hit his head on the pavement.

    “You stupid man! Get off me!” Jaejoong yelled as he tried to push Yunho off of him.

    Yunho pulled his weight off Jaejoong but still trapped Jaejoong under him by placing two hands firmly on the pavement.

    “No. Not until you agree to talk to me.”

    “What are we doing right now then? If you don’t call this talking, then I don’t know what we are doing right now.”

    “Jae, I get it that you were not ready to meet me like this, but please, at least try to make this work. I am sure we were fated to meet today, and I don’t want to let this chance slip by.”

    Jaejoong looked up at Yunho and saw the sincerity in his eyes.

    Why do you even want to talk to me? Do you even care? If you do care, why didn’t you ever call me in the past five years? I missed you so much...

    “Fine,” Jaejoong muttered through clenched jaw. “You better make it quick, Jung.”

    “Thanks!” Yunho said and got up. He held out a hand to Jaejoong, but Jaejoong ignored it and got up by himself.

    “You grew fatter,” Jaejoong pointed out.

    “Oh wow, thank you so much Jae. I didn’t realize.”

    “Ha ha ha, the ever so great Jung sarcasm,” Jaejoong rolled his eyes. He then stretched out to relax the soreness of the fall on the pavement.

    “Are you okay, though?” Yunho asked worriedly, seeing Jaejoong wince.

    “It’s cool. I have gotten hurt worse.”

    “Did you seriously get hurt badly? God, Jae! One of these days you will end up in bandages and casts.”

    Jaejoong narrowed his eyes and frowned at Yunho.

    “Yah! Who gave you the right to talk to me like that?” Jaejoong retorted.

    “I am your boy-” Yunho cut himself off when he realized what almost slipped out of his mouth.

    Jaejoong cocked his brow and scoffed.

    “What were you about to say?”

    “You know, I expected you to be crying and hugging me right now, a very emotional moment. But, here you are, straight up acting like a ,” Yunho grumbled.

    Jaejoong thought for a while. He also expected himself to be doing exactly what Yunho said. Just before the chase, he was having an inner turmoil, but now he doesn’t even know why he is acting so cold to Yunho. One part of him really wants to be in Yunho’s embrace, but the other part of him tells him to be rational and know that this is the same Jung Yunho who ignored him relentlessly even after Jaejoong went out of his way to go meet him at SM. Jaejoong knew he probably would not be able to meet Yunho because of Lee Soo Man but he still tried, because he wanted to see him one last time properly, but Yunho didn’t agree even when Lee Soo Man told Jaejoong that he will let Yunho speak with him. Also the same Jung Yunho who ignored all his calls and texts and only replied once to tell him to stop texting and he will be changing his number. Why does that heartless Yunho want to talk now?

    “Well, I know I am a . Heechul always tells me that.”

    “You seriously have changed,” Yunho stated after eyeing Jaejoong for a while. ‘Cause god, he had missed this man so much and his dreams were finally coming true of being close to him! And Jaejoong was also under him a while ago! Under him!

    “People change, okay? It’s not like you haven’t changed. You used to avoid me like a plague, now here you are, trying to ‘catch up on things’ with me.”

    “Jae, try to understand, I couldn’t talk to you at that time. Everything was complicated and you know it!”

    “Oh really? Even when Lee Soo Man clearly told us both that he will let us speak properly and end things on all the right basis?”

    Yunho bit his lower lip. He knew this will be brought up, but he was not ready to tell Jaejoong why he turned him down.

    Yunho, at that time was going through all the mixed emotions. If he had seen Jaejoong, he would have probably begged Jaejoong to stay back or lashed out on him for giving up on their love just for his freedom. But, Yunho knew he couldn’t lash out on him, because he was the one who told Jaejoong he has the right to do what he wants. So, not knowing how he was gonna react, he felt it was better to not meet Jaejoong at all. For his own good and also for Jaejoong’s. Because, who knows what would have happened if he lashed out at Jaejoong and said all the wrong things.

    “Jaejoong, I was having problems at that time. My parents found out about the lawsuit and they were blaming you. They made me promise them to not meet with you, because they thought you will bewitch me into leaving SM and ruin my career and all the sacrifices I have made. Just for my parent’s false happiness, I decided it will be better to not meet with you,” Yunho half-lied. His parents did take a promise from him to not meet with Jaejoong and the other two while the lawsuit was going on. Only lie is that they asked him to not meet with them so Lee Soo Man won’t get the wrong idea and kick Yunho out. Them being parents, didn’t want Yunho to risk his career by meeting up with Jaejoong or the other two.

    Jaejoong wasn’t sure if he should trust Yunho. But, what Yunho said did make sense. Yunho’s parents were never pro with their relationship. They were learning to accept slowly since Yunho’s parents loved Yunho a lot, but they still held a grudge against Jaejoong for leading their son astray.

    “Fine, I believe you. But still doesn’t tell me why you ignored my calls.”

    “Oh that time it was Lee Soo Man. Since I decided to not meet up with you, he said I can’t ever meet or talk to any three of you. He took my phone away and one of the SM employee texted you telling you to stop texting me. I had no hand in that. They didn’t give me back my phone till we had finished promoting our comeback. You also changed your number, you know. I tried to text you.”

    Jaejoong felt his coldness melting. Yunho didn’t ignore him. Well at least not for his own sake, but because of his parents and the CEO. Jaejoong knew he was being foolish, but after all, he had missed this man a lot.

    Jaejoong went and hugged Yunho tightly.

    Yunho was shocked. He thought it will take a lot more to take Jaejoong’s guard down. Nevertheless, he hugged Jaejoong back, still carrying the grocery bags.

    “You know, it’s weird how we are not breathless from running and yelling at each other,” Jaejoong laughed.

    “Experience, Jae. We ran around singing and that’s harder.”

    “Hmm, but why are you still carrying my grocery bags?”

    Yunho looked down and tilted his head.

    “I don’t know, Jae. I don’t know.”

    They both laughed and went silent. Both of them took their time staying in that position, basking in each other’s warmth.

    “Yunho, I missed you,” Jaejoong finally admitted.

    “I missed you too, Jae. Even if it sounds like a lie, I did see your talk, and I cried.”

    Jaejoong pulled back from the hug and gave Yunho a puzzled look.

    “Talk? You mean MKMF? No wait, it’s called Mama now.”

    Yunho smiled and nodded.

    “Yeah. And I also cried when you guys were performing W.”

    Jaejoong was shocked to even know Yunho had watched their W performance.

    “Did the company seriously let you watch it?”

    “No. I used Donghae’s laptop to go on an incognito browser and watched it.”

“Wow. I always thought you never even tried to see what we were doing.”

“No, I did follow sometimes. Except In Heaven,” Yunho admitted.

“Really? Why not In Heaven?”

“Hmm, I don’t know actually. Someone told me everything was really sad in it so I chose to stay away from it. I didn’t want to cry,” Yunho laughed. I didn’t want to cry and mislead myself to believe those songs were written for me...

Jaejoong broke out in hysteria and nearly fell backwards while laughing but Yunho still had his arms wrapped around Jaejoong’s waist from the previous hug, so no accidents happened.

“Oh my god, Yunho! Since when did you cry listening to sad songs? Did you lose all your manliness in the past five years?” Jaejoong teased.

“Yah! I am still manly, okay? I was having troubles coping with my feelings. I had broken up with my girlfriend at that time.” A white lie won’t hurt, right?

Jaejoong felt something tingle inside of him but he let it pass.

“Who was it? That Go Ara?”

“Hmm, maybe. Why do I need to tell you, huh?” Yunho asked smirking. Is it mean to hope that you will get jealous?

“Yunho, you were the one who wanted to ‘catch up on things’, if you don’t remember,” Jaejoong stated.

“Oh true. So, you are not gonna run away, right?”

Jaejoong frowned at Yunho and let out a sigh.

“I wouldn’t have hugged you if I needed to run away.”

“Right. Okay, so lets go to the cafe I was going to and catch up on things.”

Please log in to read the full chapter