Caught in the Crossfire

Office Disputes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 5 – Caught in the Crossfire~ 

            “Why are you sitting on a cushion? Are the company’s seats not comfortable enough for you?” Suho questions when he notices what one of his employees is sitting on. “Comfort while working is important, but make sure that it doesn’t start distracting you when you need to adjust it or something.”

            Sehun doesn’t look away from his computer as he simply responds with: “Yes sir.”

            Suho lingers around Sehun’s cubicle for a few more seconds before he leaves to check on the other employees. When the youngest employee in the company sees familiar brown hair creeping into the boundary of his cubicle, he reminds himself not to retaliate violently in case he gets a lawsuit slapped in his face. “Why didn’t you tell the boss that you’re only sitting on the cushion thanks to the damage I’ve done to your ?” A devilish grin is accompanied with this irking statement, but Sehun’s exterior remains calm.

            “He’d probably misinterpret that statement, you erted deer. Besides, I’ve done my fair share of damage to your as well, in case you’ve already forgotten how I glued you to your chair and glittered your up.”

            Luhan clenches his teeth but keeps his smile. “How could I ever forget?”

            With that said, Sehun suddenly feels enlightened with an idea, and he scoots his chair to the side to keep Luhan away from his cubicle space. He ignores the protests coming from Luhan, including the complaint in which he nearly runs over the man’s toes with the bottom of his chair. Since the older man enjoys the super glitter glue so much, why not use it again? Patterns are nice, Sehun thinks evilly. He cracks his knuckles and immediately gets to work – the foundation of every diabolical plan is research, but he also has to be careful, since Kris and Suho check their internet history from time to time.

            “Glitter”, Sehun enters into his favorite, discreet search engine. He makes sure to position his body in front of his monitor so nobody walking by would be able to see it. He scrolls and looks around, and as expected, he’s not getting anything remotely useful. He’s willing to take the risk to get the revenge that Luhan deserves, so he thinks briefly about what kind of evil he could cook up. His mind reluctantly recalls the explosion of his on the toilet thanks to the revolting, spoiled-donut-laced coffee. Then he’s got his plan, and he can’t resist a low, evil chuckle. Luhan would never see this coming.

 

            Nothing has happened so far, and Luhan can’t deny that he feels concerned – for his own pride and safety. Usually, Sehun would’ve launched a counterattack by now, and the last time that the counterattack was delayed, the demon had put up those vile posters all over the office. Now Luhan was paranoid, twitchy, and jumpy – Sehun could attack from anywhere, at any time. But the question was, how would he do it? Luhan has no idea, and he’s worried about that the most. The pranks have only gotten increasingly worse and –

            “Sehun, what the heck is that?”

            “Oh, it’s nothing.”

            “What do you mean it’s nothing? It’s clearly something, really something – it’s something you’re using to prank Luhan with, isn’t it? I don’t know how long you two will be able to keep this up before something goes horribly wrong and backfires.”

            Luhan overhears Kyungsoo talking to Sehun, in the storage room, and his heart picks up speed as he realizes that he may have found out about Sehun’s prank before the younger is able to actually carry it out. He stands next to the door, pressing himself flat against the wall and ignoring the stares of his co-workers walking by. Thank goodness the doors and walls were thin – well, maybe not in some cases (like when Kris and Suho couldn’t control themselves), but in this one, Luhan definitely had an advantage thanks to them.

            “What are you going to do with that? What does it do?”

            “Don’t worry about it. Just stay out of here, and you won’t be caught in the crossfire. Just stay away from us in general and mind your own business.” Sehun warns Kyungsoo. Luhan bites at the tip of his thumb.         What the hell does Sehun have in there?

            “Alright then, whatever. I’m out of here.” Luhan hears the door opening, so he casually returns to a normal upright position with his hands in his pockets. Kyungsoo walks out, giving Luhan a weird look but continuing on with his business just as Sehun instructed him to.

            Luhan waits to see if Sehun also leaves the storage room, but to his dismay, the younger remains in there. He’s really curious (and terrified) of what Sehun is planning, so he abandons his strategy and charges past enemy lines – Luhan bursts into the room, where he sees Sehun standing over the table. Of course, Luhan’s loud entrance alarms his rival, who spins around with a stern expression on his face.

            Luhan’s eyes are immediately drawn towards the fact that Sehun is wearing gloves, coated in…oh goodness, glitter. Luhan tries to play it cool, but they both know that this probably wouldn’t end well. “What are you doing in here, Sehun? Shouldn’t you be working? You get paid to program, not…play with glitter.”

Sehun’s eyes narrow dangerously, and Luhan tenses up. There’s something diabolical behind his back, Luhan can practically feel its presence – its evil, glittery presence. “Shouldn’t the same be said to you? You slack off more than me. I believe there’s a lot you need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter