Nonexistent Mercy

Office Disputes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 4 – Nonexistent Mercy~

            In the act of warfare, mercy has been completely eradicated from Luhan's vocabulary. He has no idea what that word even means anymore because now he'll really use the phrase 'all is fair in love and war' to it's fullest extent. Mercy be damned.

            Sehun really threw Luhan over the edge with the photoshopped posters that are still posted all over the office. Luhan tried ripping as many of them down as possible but Kris kept reprimanding him for it so now he has to resort to doing it whenever their boss was no where in sight, there's still about fifty more around the office and he's targeting each and every one of those posters until they're all torn to shreds.

            But right at this moment he has a more pressing matter to attend to as he types furiously on his laptop.

            Is whatever Luhan's typing up a data form or new layout code for his work?

            Hell no.

            Baekhyun walks by Luhan's cubicle just in time to hear the other muttering creepily under his breath with a very questionable smile. For lack of better judgment Baekhyun actually stops and approaches his co-worker/friend who almost looks possessed. "Hey… Luhan? I think you're working a little too hard lately maybe you need a brea- Wait, is that even work?"

            Luhan turns around on his swivel chair and immediately slaps a hand over Baekhyun's mouth, "Shhh!!!"

            Baekhyun swats Luhan's hand away and glares, "What in the world is the matter with you?!"

            "A lot of things," admits Luhan bluntly and shamelessly.

            "I know," Baekhyun rolls his eyes, "But why are you so…" Baekhyun gestures at Luhan's entire being, he's at a loss for words for a moment, "…You."

            Luhan makes a face, "I want the promotion! And I sure as hell won't be losing it to the anchovy bratty punk over there."

            "Oh my gawd," Baekhyun facepalms himself, "Weren't the posters bad enough? I think Chanyeol and half of the others in the office might be questioning either their sanity or their uality at this point."

            Luhan shudders at the thought but he digresses, "That is irrelevant to the point and you have Chanyeol in check anyways it's perfectly fine. I have the perfect backfiring plan for that mess anyways, just be lucky I haven't crossed any illegal lines."

            Baekhyun raises an eyebrow and peers around Luhan so he can see the code that the other has on display on the screen, Baekhyun recognizes the code and points with a judging finger, "Then what is that?"

            "Hacking code 101 I learned from Tao," answers Luhan nonchalantly.

            "Isn't that illegal?"

            "In this country?"

            Baekhyun stared, "No, everywhere Luhan, it's illegal everywhere."

            "Damn." Luhan pushes the enter button on his computer anyways, "Oops can't do anything about it now~!"

            "I'm out of here," Baekhyun turns on his heel and quickly walks (sprints) far away from Luhan's cubicle, he is not dealing with that mess or the explosion that is sure to follow after.

            Meanwhile Sehun is typing away on his own computer finishing up the last of the coding for his extra assignment that he was given due to the entire printing incident a little while back, he's so focused on his work that he almost misses the odd cartoon flower pop up that blinks on the corner of his screen. Sehun pauses, "What is that?"

            He moves his mouse over to try and click on the flower but that's when all hell really breaks loose as about a million sparkly flowers begin invading his entire screen with a speed faster than their company's internet. But it didn't even end with the flowers as more bugged eyed chibified cute little random animals began walking across his screen in a parade of some sorts. The little animals were even throwing more sparkly flowers about as Sehun watches in dread as he sees the monstrosity that is now his computer screen. But that wasn't even the worst of it because the finale was just coming up.

            The parade of glitter creatures began to form a walkway as a cartoon deer Sehun identifies as a chibified version of Bambi walks to the front of the screen. It winks at Sehun and in an annoyingly high pitched cutesy voice says, 'Kiss my Oh Sehun!' before waving it's behind and fluffy tail at Sehun's face and… his entire computer crashes.

            Blank. Nothing. It was just an unresponsive screen of bright hot pink.

            Sehun stares blankly as he tries to grasp all that happened right before his eyes, he couldn't even put his thoughts together after the horrid display of cuteness that had crashed his entire computer.

            "Nice background screen," smirks Luhan as he walks by Sehun's cubicle to look at his handy work.

            Sehun breaks out of his daze as the menacing voice penetrates his completely bewildered mind, he gasps as his mind finally begins functioning again, "You! Luhan! You and your stupid glittery creepy looking creatures things! My computer! The coding I did! It took me a whole day!" Sehun growls at Luhan while grinding his teeth to keep himself from spitting out any loud profanities that their bosses might hear.

            "Karma is a right?" Luhan smiles innocently as he reaches up and rips another of those annoying posters down without having his eyes leave Sehun's form, he shoves the poster in Sehun's hands and walks away feeling utterly satisfied with his job well done. He's definitely going to enjoy his coffee break now and there's nothing Sehun could do to him while he's gone anyways since he already packed up all his things in a secure place.

            Suho comes out of his office for the routine check of the workers and pauses when he sees a livid Sehun shredding one of the posters in his hands to pieces while growling like a feral animal. Suho almost doesn't want to ask but since he's paying these weirdos that he's decided to hire he really has no choice, "What are you doing Sehun?"

            "Recycling," snarls the other before dumping the shreds of the poster into a blue recycle bin angrily.

            "Okay, that's good you're helping the planet out but maybe do it with less venom. Oh and nice choice in screen backgrounds, it really brightens the office more than the usual black or dark blue. Keep working, we still need those extra coding sheets from you later," Suho continues in his routine check while Sehun pulls out his back up laptop. The rest of the workers are quiet as they continue typing on their computers, they're waiting for when their boss disappears again into his office so the rest of the show can go on.

 

            When Luhan gets back to his cubicle from his fabulously great lunch break, there's nothing to greet him except his empty cubicle and a strangely quiet Sehun who's typing up a storm. But Luhan has already thought ahead, there's no doubt Sehun would try to hack him as a counter attack but Luhan's already set himself up with the best of the best blocking anti-spy ware on all his computers and laptops so Sehun won't be able to do anything to his tech. Happily patting himself on the back Luhan pulls out his laptop and takes a seat in his chair.

            Squish

            A sense of dread fills Luhan as the sound makes it to his ears, 'What just went 'squish'?'

            Luhan takes a deep breath and hopes with all his might that it was just his imagination messing with him as he clicks the power button on his laptop. He leans back against his chair and the back topples over hitting the floor with a thud along with Luhan in the chair, Sehun's head peeks over towards Luhan's cubicle to check what the commotion was and he scoffs, "Had a nice trip?"

            Luhan seethes in anger as he looks up at the smug look Sehun has on his face, "How did you even-"

            "Oh you know a few screws here and a few screws there~ it wasn’t all that difficult," Sehun's smirk widens, "But you're going to be having some trouble getting up, old man."

            "I'm only four years older than you! You annoying snot nosed brat!" Luhan attempts to roll to his side so that he can get back up on his feet to argue properly with Sehun but he encounters a problem.

            The seat rolls with him in a loud clatter, his is literally stuck to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter