The Ghost of Your Name on My Lips

Please Hold Me Back

 "             

 

The newly arrived group stepped out into the sunshine, dragging their suitcases behind them. Jimin led Ziyu by the hand and JinTuo sat on Baekhyun's hip.

"Welcome to Seoul." Jimin spoke with a soft smile towards his son. Ziyu grinned in return.

"Want a ride?" Baekhyun asked as two limos pulled up in front of them.

"Yes, please!" Jimin replied, excitedly eyeing the sleek black cars as a wide grin spreasd accross his face, mirroring his son's. Baekhyun laughed merrily at the reaction as he helped Chanyeol put their bags in one of the cars' trunk.

"I thought you might." He gestured to the second limozine. Ziyu's eyes glittered enthusiastically as he ran up to the shiny vehicle, followed clocely by an equally excited appa and his best friend who was now finished loading their luggage into the trunk of the car.

-- -- --

Once the limo dropped the trio off in front of Jimin's house, Ziyu all but ran inside the minute the door was unlocked. Jimin chuckled and followed him in, dragging his suitcase behind him, Tahyung on his heels. The adults set their baggage down in the still-furnished living room as Ziyu ran from room to room; exploring the house with an excited squeal at each new discovery.

"Hey, Zi! Do you want to see your room?" Jimin called, following his son down the hall with a smile on his face. Ziyu ran up to his father, hugging his leg and looking up at him with sparkling eyes and an exstatic "Yes!" leaving his lips. Jimin laughed heartily, eyes turning into little cresents, much like his son's at that moment. He led the way to one of the rooms to the right. When they got to the door, pushing it open, Jimin stopped. He leaned against the doorframe as Ziyu dashed passed him to climb excitedly onto the bed; rolling around on the covers. Jimin walked over, smile still set on his lips, and sat on the bed beside his son. He let his eyes wonder around the room, reminiscing all the nights spent there.

"This used to be appa's room." He informed his son.

"This was your room?" Ziyu questioned with wide eyes. Jimin nodded. This had been his room until his mother had passed away. That was when he moved into her old room. To be as close to what he had left of her as possible. It was funnny, thinking about it. He had spent the first 14 years of his life sleeping in this room at night. His mother would tuck him into this very bed, place a soft kiss to his forehead and whisper an "I love you" into his ear as he drifted off to sleep. And now, at 20 years old, he is handing it down to his own child. He will tuck his son into this very bed every night, place kisses on his forehead and sing him to sleep with whispered words of love.

"You can put whatever you want in here." Jimin said, looking at Ziyu over his shoulder as the boy ,oved to stand behind him on the bed. Ziyu draped his arms over Jimin's shoulders and leaned all his weight against the man's back.

"Really? Anything? Even a lion?" Ziyu asked as he continued to put more  and more wieght on his father's back until Jimin was leaning forward, chest almost touching his thighs. 

"I don't know about a lion. Maybe if it's a toy lion." Jimin chuckled. "Come on." He said, grabbing Ziyu's legs and standing up so he held the boy piggy-back style. "Let's go check out Seoul." They exited the room and walked back through to the living room, where they found Taehyung. "Ready to go?" Jimin asked, still carrying a giggling Ziyu on his back. Taehyung grinned and nodded in response. Jimin put his son on his own two feet, turning to squat in front of him with a warm smile, adjusting the boy's snapback and then taking his handand leading him out of the house.

The park was only  about a block away and the walk there was enjoyable. Once they arrived, the adults sat on a nearby bench to watch as they let Ziyu run around and play with the other children. They watched as a young girl amongst them fell down, grazing her hand. Both Jimin and Taehyung gasped and stood up, stepping forward to see if she was okay while gazing left and right to see if someone else-- her parents-- so what had happened. Ziyu, having seen her fall, stopped playing to run over to her as the tears began to trickle down her cheeks. He squated down in front of the girl with a kind smile on his lips and took her grazed hand in his own chubby fingers, brushing off the dirt carefully and blowing on the wound lightly. The young girl watched the boy in front of her with wide eyes and a slight blush, the tears drying on her cheeks.

Taehyung and Jimin both stopped about a foot away from the pair, no longer worried as they watched Ziyu take care of the girl. They would check up on her in a minute and make sure there was no real damage.

When Ziyu stopped blowing on the injury, he looked up with a bright smile, standing up and extending his hand to help her to her feet.

"T-Thank you." The girl stuttered, taking the hand he offered and allowing him to pull her up.

"It's okay. Do you feel better now?" Ziyu asked, tiliting his head to the side cutely, eye smile still plastered to his face. The girl nodded shyly.

"Good!" Ziyu's grin widened. "My appa always tells me helping people is the best feeling in the world!" He giggled.

"It is?" The girl asked curiously. "What does it feel like?"

"Like...the sun just came up when it was cold. Or cuddling with appa. It's warm." Ziyu explained, sending the girl a warm smile, which she returned.

"I want to do it too!" She exclaimed with a giggle.

Jimin decided that now was the best time to step forward, so he squatted down in front of the girl with a soft smile and an outreached hand.

"Is your hand okay? Can I take a look?" The girl looked at him with wide, shy eyes.

"W-who are you?"

"This is my appa." Ziyu helpfully supplied. "He will make you feel better if you are hurting." The girl turned her eyes back to the man kneeling in front of her, who sent her another kind smile,  and slowly held out her hand.

"Thank you." Jimin said, taking her hand gently and inspecting the palm. "It's all dirty." He frowned down at the wound. Luckily she wasn't bleeding, but the skin was a little grazed and there was dirt in it. He turned to look over his shoulder at Taehyung. "Can you grab some paper towel from the bathroom over there? And you have the water bottle from before, right?"

Taehyung nodded, handing the bottle to his best friend and jogging off toward the bathrooms to do as asked. Meanwhile, Jimin talked to the girl in a gentle tone to keep her mind off the pain in her hand.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Minwoo.." She replied, voice quiet. Jimin smiled again.

"Wow~ What a pretty name." Jimin said, making the girl blush and giggle out a "thank you". "It's nice to meet you, Minwoo. My name is Jiminnie. I'm Ziyu's appa." Ziyu giggled and hugged his father in response.

Just then, Taehyung came jogging up with a wad of paper towels in his hand and gave them to Jimin who smiled gratefully in return before refocusing his attention on Minwoo. 

"I'm going to clean it, okay? So it won't hurt anymore." He let go of the girls hand to poor some water onto the paper towels before taking it again and dabbing the palm softly, all the while talking to her until the wound was clean. Then he let her go with a grin and a happy sigh. "There! All done! You guys can go play now."

Ziyu gave him one last big hug, wrapping his arms around Jimin's neck and beckoning Minwoo to join in. Jimin held out a welcoming arm. She did so hesitantly-- shyly, walking up to the embracing pair and loosley wrapping her arms around them with a grateful whisper of thanks. When they let go of eachother, Ziyu grabbed Minwoo's hand again, tugging her toward the group of energetic children.

"He's such a kind-hearted boy." Taehyung stated as he and Jimin made there way back to the bench they had been sitting on previously. Jimin hummed in agreement. "He definitely get's it from you." The blonde boy flashed Jimin his rectangular grin with a chuckle.

"What makes you say that?" Jimin raised a teasing eyebrow. "He could have gotten it from Yoongi."

"Nope." Taehyung's gaze softened and he turned his eyes to where Ziyu and Minwoo were playing with the other kids, before drifting back to the father sitting beside him. "You were the same when you were his age. I remember." The blonde chuckled again. "You still are. You really haven't changed a bit."

Jimin's stared sown intensly at his feet as the younger spoke. Taehyung was really the best friend he could have asked for and Jimin could not have been more grateful to have the boy by his side for so long. He was a best friend and a great brother.

Jimin bit his lip, speaking up after a moment of silence.

"Do you think he's curious, Tae?" He asked, lifting his head to stare at his son. "To know who his father is? Do you think he's lonely without him?" 

Taehyung was silent in thought for a moment, watching Ziyu play happily.

"Maybe." He said at last. "He probably wonders." He added, making Jimin look down at his feet once again. "But I think he understands, to a point." Taehyung turned his eyes to his best friend, causing Jimin to look up. "He understands that you have your own reasons for not telling him. And, even if he is a little lonely, he knows that you want what's best for him. He's smart, Ji. And he trusts you."

There was a moment of silence as Taehyung let Jimin take in everything he had just said. The raven-haired father let it all sink in, staring at the hands in his lap. When Taehyung saw that Jimin was drifting deeper and deeper into thought, he decided it was time to lighten the mood.

"Umma knows best Chim Chim~" He teased, pulling a chuckle from Jimin. It was something Taehyung had done from the moment he first found out Jimin was pregnant; teasing him by calling him an 'umma'. Jimin would give him a look at first, reprimanding him and correcting him ("I'm not a woman, Tae."). But Taehyung always had a comeback ("You are going to give birth, Ji. You do realise that, don't you?"). Now it was normal to them.

After a minute Jimin let out a breath, dragging his eyes up to meet his blonde best friend's dark orbs.

"Thank you, Tae."

Taehyung smiled widely in reply, and Jimin returned it gratefully.

Almost anyone who met him would say that Taehyung was 4D and weird, but it was the few that stayed-- the few that grew close to him, that saw this compassionate and almost wise side of him. So Jimin treasured these moments.

Jimin was pulled from his thoughts when a small body threw itself at his legs, clinging on tightly. Jimin looked down to meet the cresent eyes of his son smiling up at him as he leaned on his appa's knees.

"Appa, can we get ice-cream?" Ziyu pouted with his best puppy-dog eyes. "Please~?" Jimin chuckled and agreed without hesitation and Ziyu squealed happily, letting go of his father's legs as the man stood up to go to the icecream truck sitting in the parking lot.

"Tae, can you watch Zi while I'm gone?"

Taehyung nodded in response and Jimin left to buy them all their snacks. He didn't even bother to ask the two what flavour they wanted. He already knew. They always got the same thing, anyway. Banana and chocolate for Taehyung, Cookies-and-cream for Jimn, and Rainbow for his son. Without further ado, Jimin stepped into the relatively short line.

 

"Uncle Tae, can I go potty, please?" Ziyu asked the blonde man sitting on the bench.

"Sure, Zi." Taehyung agreed easily, standing up to walk the boy to the restrooms.

"You don't have to come with me, Uncle Tae." Ziyu scrunched up his nose.

"Why not?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

"I'm four now." Ziyu huffed, puffing his chest proudly. "I can go by myself."

"I believe you." Taehyung laughed lightly. "But your appa will kill me if I let you run off on your own." Ziyu scowled dissaprovingly.

"Appa doesn't need to know..." Ziyu mumbled, trailing off. Taehyung laughed again, knowing that if he let the boy do as he pleased he would be so pleased that he would tell his father everything the moment he saw him again, all thoughts of his Uncle Tae getting in trouble forgotten. But he was so cute.

"Okay, how about this? I'll go with you, but I'll wait outside and you can go in by yourself." Taehyung suggested, holding out his hand for the boy to take.

"Fine..." Ziyu agreed reluctantly.

Taehyung stopped a little ways away, telling Ziyu to stay for a moment before heading in and making sure that it was safe. When he came back to Ziyu he gave the boy an 'okay' sign, and Ziyu ran in.

When Ziyu was done, and he'd washed his hands, he dashed out of the restroom with an excited grin on his face, ready to tell his appa about how much of a big boy he was. He couldn't wait to see how proud his father would be. He pushed open the heavy door with some difficulty and as soon as there was enough room for him to slip through he let go and ran out.

Suddenly he was stopped as he bumped into someone's legs, causing him to stumble back. As soon as Ziyu had regained his balance he bowed 90 degrees and apologised politely.

-- -- --

Yoongi was on his way to the bathroom when he felt a sudden wieght hit his legs, stopping him in his tracks. When he had recovered from the shock, he was staring down at a little head of jet-black hair as a kid bowed to him apologetically. He let a grumbled "Don't worry about it, kid." pass his lips as he straightened out his clothing before turning his eyes back to the kid in front of him, who was now standing up straight again with a grin on his face.

Yoongi's breath hitched.

Those cheeks. Those eyes. That smile. They were all so familiar. Too familiar, and Yoongi felt his heart clench painfully in his chest at the memories that flooded his mind.

The boy's grin doesn't falter, even at Yoongi's silence.

"Bye, hyung!" The boy waved before running off.

And Yoongi could only watch as the boy with the familiar face ran, an excited squeal of "Appa!" leaving his upturned lips, while Yoongi couldn't even open his mouth to breath, let alone utter a sound.

His eyes remained glued to the child as he stopped in front of two males.

And it's when the boy with the familiar face jumped on the one he had called 'appa' that Yoongi's heart stopped beating entirely. The world seemed to fade out around him as he stared, wide-eyed, at the man squatting down to acomidate the young boy, a painstakingly familiar smile perched atop his lips. And the ghost of a name escaped Yoongi's lips in a breathless whisper.

"Jimin."

 


PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!!! *Hides*

I know I dissapeared again (SORRY), but I swear I haven't given up on this story!! I have so many plans for this story it's ridiculous. I don't think I could stop writing it if I tried. Life has just been really stressful lately...

Anyway, I have a computer now, so updating will be way easier!! :D 

I broke my phone though.... 

But that's irrelavant.

 

Anyway. If any of my lovely, wonderful, heaven-sent readers know how to and would be willing to make a poster thing for this story I will love you forever~ <3

 

Please leave your thoughts~!!

Comment, upvote, subscribe and all that

Love you all <3 <3 <3