Something More

Please Hold Me Back

tumblr_mvzl9e0l0q1rgnyq9o2_500.gif

The two rappers spent more and more time at the studio, and as days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months the group grew closer and closer.

Yoongi and Namjoon would often watch their friends dance, or Taehyung, Jungkook and Jin sing, accompanied by Jimin and Hoseok who sat by the rappers' sides with bright smiles planted on their faces. And in return, the other 5 would listen to their rap. Jungkook was always pestering and begging Jimin to hear him sing. But Jimin always said no. And the more Jimin refused, the more determined Jungkook became to hear him. Everyone else had a go. Even Namjoon and Yoongi who weren't talented in the subject. But still Jimin declined with a sheepich smile and a shy “I'm not that good”.

The more time they spent together, the tighter the group became, and with that feelings started to arise.

Yoongi and Jimin in particular had grown exceptionally close. They spent more and more time together and soon became very good friends. As they laughed together, Yoongi found himself being drawn to the younger like a moth to flame. He was always playing on his mind and dancing on his heart. Just the mere thought of the boy brought a loving smile to his lips and a warmth that spread through his whole body. When Jimin smiled at him he felt a tingle that spread from his chest all the way down to the tips of his fingers.

Yoongi thought he was content just to stay by his side as a friend and nothing more. But maybe he was wrong.

 

It was a calming Sunday night, and the teens had traded the studio in for a comfortable night in their warm beds; resting up for the grueling day of high-school to come. Except Yoongi. He decided to stay behind and work on his music. It had been a while since he last had the opportunity to sit in a quiet room and just write, and he was overflowing with an abundance of inspiration, so he opted to pull out his notebook and put pen to paper. And he was still sitting their hour's later.

He finished the verse he was writing and decided to call it a night, putting his belongings into his bag and standing to stretch his cramped limbs. A glance at the clock said it was 10 pm and the studio was still and silent around him.

The brunette massaged the aching muscles in his neck as he swung his backpack over his shoulder. He was making his way through the dark halls to the front door when a light in one of the supposedly empty rooms caught his attention.

His brows drew together in a frown as he began to walk towards the door out of curiosity. As he drew closer a melodious tune filled the air. Soft notes drifting on a light voice caressed Yoongi's skin, sending shivers down his spine, filling his heart with the need to match a face to the gentle voice.

The brunette peeked around the doorway and stopped in his tracks, muscles frozen and eyes wide in awe. Because there stood Jimin, eyes closed and one hand on his heart as he sung along to the music that drifted through the speakers.

And Yoongi thought he had never been more beautiful than in that moment. His eyes were glued to the figure in the middle of the room as gentle note after gentle note left the boy's mouth, stringing together in the air to create the most magical melody Yoongi had ever heard.

And Yoongi knew that what he felt was more than attraction, or a mere crush. It was something so much more. So much deeper. Something called love.

As the song softly drifted to a close, Jimin's eyes fluttered open in the new-found silence, a quiet breath leaving his lips. Until he spotted Yoongi standing in the doorway, and his eyes widened and breath hitched, staring at the elder in complete shock and a little bit of fear.

Yoongi knew he should say something-- anything-- to calm the boy down, but his mind drew a total blank, and when he did manage to open his mouth; what he said is not what he intended.

“Can't sing my .” He scoffed. Jimin's face heated up and he stuttered out a squeak of surprise. “Why don't you want anyone to know you can sing?” Yoongi cocked his head to the side in sincere curiosity.

“I-I'm not r-really confident...” Jimin let the sentence hang in the air, unfinished, averting his eyes and staring at his shoes as if they held the secrets to the universe.

“You should be, though.” The brunette replied, but got no response from the flustered male. So he cleared his throat and asked a hesitant question that had been at the back of his mind since he walked into the room. “Jimin...Can I listen when you sing?” His voice was quiet and soft, contrary to how it usually is.

Jimin was silent while he contemplated for a moment.

“I don't know...I can't really sing in front of people, so it probably won't sound good, plus I get really uncomfortable if someone is listening and-” Yoongi cut off his rambling with pleading eyes.

“But you're really good, Jimin. And I've already heard you sing, so there's no harm in me listening again, is there? Besides, if you let me, I can give you critique like you guys do with my rapping.”

Jimin hesitated and fidgeted in his spot. “I'll let you read the music I compose.” Yoongi prompted.

Jimin's wide eyes shot up to look into the elder's dark orbs in surprise. Yoongi never let anyone read his work. He was always so protective over it and would blow up if anyone so much as glanced at it. And now he was offering to let Jimin read it.

“Really, hyung?” Jimin asked, just to be sure.

“Really.” Yoongi nodded in confirmation. “As long as you tell me what you think.”

Jimin looked down and bit his lip in thought before reluctantly agreeing, which brought a blinding smile to the brunette's lips.

 

Instead of going straight home that night, the two decided to sit out on the grass of the soccer-field down the street from the studio. They laid back and gazed at the stars, smiles on their faces and a shine in their eyes.

“What's your dream, Jimin?” Yoongi asked, tracing patterns in the sky with his eyes.

“My dream?” He paused for a moment. “I don't really have one, hyung. I'll just look forward to whatever comes.” He smiled sweetly before asking the elder if he had dreams of his own.

“One day I'm going to be a famous rapper.” Yoongi spoke with a grin on his face that brought a sparkle to his eye. “I'm going to go to Seol Art Academy when I graduate this year, and I'll practice my rapping until I'm so good no entertainment company will be able to turn me down.” Jimin giggled at the pure confidence in his hyung's voice, secretly wishing he was passionate about something as Yoongi was about his dream.

“I'm sure you will, Yoongi-hyung.” Jimin spoke softly as he stared at Yoongi's features as the elder boy stared up at the stars, dreaming about his future.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So I feel like this is kind of a short update, but if I have to stop it here or it will be too long.

The next chapter will be about Jimin actually getting pregnant, so I have a REALLY important question for you guys;

DO YOU WANT ?
teen_top.gif

If you do, I'll write it for you, but I'm just warning you now that I've never written before, so... But I will give it a shot if you want me to.

 

Teaser image for next chapter:
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_zh0alv2vg9w0

(Get it? Because they're sleeping together? No? Okay, I'll stop)

 

But, seriously, do you like it so far? I hope it's not too disapointing or anything :P

 

Sorry I didn't update the last couple of days, but school happened and I got too much civics homework =_=

But we got a snow day so I had time to update for you all~!

 

Please subscribe, upvote and comment, I'd love to know what you think ^^

And thank you for staying with me this far <3

Now I'm going to go do the homework I've been neglecting TT TT

large.gif