Coming Back Home to You

Please Hold Me Back

 

 

4 years later...

 

"Appa! Appa! Appa!" A little boy came running into the room, shiny black hair tousled and messy ans a bright grin plastered to his chubby cheeks. "Appa, get up! We're leaving today!". He climbed onto the bed and on top of the figure buried beneath the covers. "Appaaa~." The four year old whined cutely, and the figure on the bed had to hide his smile as he pulled down the covers, sitting up with an exaggerated sigh. He glanced at the clock as his son bounced up and down in his lap out of excitement.

6:03.

Six o'clock in the morning.

It was too early, he wasn't ready to start the day. But one look at his son's grinning face told him that the boy was. He groaned, covering his face with his hands sleepily and the kid sitting on his leg on his arm.

"Come on, Appa!" We have to get ready." The boy's father peeked at him from between his fingers as the four year old pouted cutely. Urgh. Damn this boy for being adorable. He wrapped his arms around the young boy, pulling him down to lie in the bed again, this time with his son trapped against his chest.

"Five more minutes, Ziyu~." He pleaded, burying his in his son's hair. Ziyu giggled at is father's cuteness, but would have none of it.

"No, Appa. We have to get ready!" His father sighed but let Ziyu go anyway. The kid wriggled out of his Appa's loosened hold and pulled his hand until the man swung his legs over the side of the bed.

"Alright, Zi. Why don't we go get you dressed, hm?" His father said, stretching his groggy muscles. Ziyu grinned and ran to his own bedroom ahead of the elder to put on his outfit for the day. When his father reached his room the boy's pyjama shirt was already discarded, laying crumpled up on the floor as the kid pulled on a red t-shirt. With a chuckle, the parent kneeled down to help his son with his clothes; blue jeans to go with his red shirt and a dark blue snapback to sit on top of his messy hair. Once Ziyu was dressed, the two went to the kitchen so that the elder of the two could fix breakfast before getting changed himself.

The front door opened just as the man was making his way back down the hall, now fully dressed and placing a snapback on his own mess of shiny black hair.

"Hey, Jimin!" His guest called. Jimin beamed at his best friend as the blonde strolled into the living room, his signature rectangular grin on his lips.

"Hi, Tae. Why are you here so early?" He pulled the man into a brotherly embrace, curious but happy to see him none the less.

"Ziyu called me at 5:30 this morning!" Taehyung exclaimed with a pout as he pulled back. Jimin frowned.

"If he was up that early, why did he wait 'til six to wake me up?"

"He said that you looked tired lately and he wanted you to sleep." Taehyung replied in his distinctly deep voice. Jimin felt his heart swell at his son's compassion. His eyes traveled to the boy sitting at the table, swinging as he ate his pancakes. "He's really worried about you, Ji." Taehyung spoke, voice soft, as the father's eyes left his son. "He might not understand, but he sees how hard you work to provide for him. He sees how tired you are, and he's worried."

Jimin stared down at his feet. He didn't like it either -- working so hard and so long. All he wanted was to come home to his child. But if he doesn't work the way he did what home would they have to come home to? Jimin knew that it was effect Ziyu, but there wasn't much he could do. He had to earn money somehow, and there weren't many well-paying options for someone who never went to college. He just hoped things would get better once they got to Seoul.

"Anyway..." Jimin cleared his throat. "I'm sorry he woke you up so early."

"It's okay." Taehyung grinned. "He's just excited." Jimin beamed in reply. "Where is that kid anyway?" Jimin pointed towards the kitchen, about to speak when Ziyu looked up and interrupted him with screech.

"UNCLE TAETAE!" The boy jumped off the chair and rushed forward into Taehyung's open arms.

"Hey, Zi." The blonde replied with a laugh, picking the boy up. "Are you ready to go?" Ziyu nodded excitedly with a giggle.

"We still have hours before we have to be at the airport, so do you want meet up with Baek and Yeol and get something to eat before we go?" Jimin asked as he began to pick up the few things Ziyu had scattered around the house and stuffing them into one of the two suitcases that sat beside the couch. Taehyung agreed with a nod of his head, placing Ziyu back on his own two feet. Let's start packing the car then." Jimin said, pulling out the handles of his and his son's suitcases. "Ziyu, go grab your backpack." He sent an eye-smile the child's way.

"Ne, Appa~." Ziyu grinned and ran to his room.

 

 

Taehyung's parents owned a phone company with branches in several countries, including China and Korea. T hey originally came to China to set up the branch in Beijing, but there were recent complications with the main branch so they needed to send someone back to Seoul to sort it out. They wanted to continue working in China as they had fallen in love with the country over the time they spent there, so they decided to send their successor; Chanyeol (since he had a business degree and both Baekhyun and Taehyung refused the position). Obviously Baekhyun would follow Chanyeol anywhere and everywhere, and Taehyung tends to follow Baekhyun around so when Baekhyun had told him he and Chanyeol were moving back to Korea, Taehyung was quick to tag along. And since Jimin went to China with his best friend, he figured that there was no reason to stay behind alone.

When Jimin found out he was pregnant with Ziyu Jimin had joined Taehyung and his family because he was scared. He was running away. He left his home of sixteen years; everything he ever knew, for foreign soil. It wasn't as easy decision. It was sad to go, but Jimin never blamed Ziyu for his loss or regretted his and Yoongi's sole night together. Ziyu was his family -- his son -- and he loves the boy with every fiber of his being.

In the beginning he ran because he was scared; because he was a child -- a pregnant teenager. But now he was a little more grown up. Now he was ready to go back home. Even if that meant facing Yoongi.

 

 

Taehyung knocked on his brother's door with a smile on his face. Ziyu snuggled closer to his Appa as the man held him; hiding his face in the crook of Jimin's neck. A sleepy looking Baekhyun opened the door moments later clad in dark blue sweatpants and one of his husband's large shirts.

"You're already up?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "I thought for sure we were going to have to drag you out of bed ourselves."

"Jin Tuo already did." The elder whined. "He's so excited to be going to Korea today." Baekhyun pouted cutely as he walked back into the house, leaving the door open for the others to follow.

"ZIYU!" A high pitched squeal erupted from the other end of the hall as a little boy, littler than Ziyu, ran up to them. Ziyu grinned and squirmed in his father's arms to be let down. Jimin set him on his own feet so he could play his friend.

Jin Tuo was Baekhyun and Chanyeol's three year old son and Ziyu's best friend. Baekhyun had found out he was pregnant when Ziyu was 14 months old, and Chanyeol proposed the moment he heard the news. Ziyu and Jin Tuo have known each other since the younger was born and were closer than brothers. Jimin was already considered a part of Taehyung's family and they readily accepted Ziyu as well. And Jimin couldn't be more grateful. They had been so kind to him and his son and he only hoped that he could one day return the favor.

"Ready to go home?" Taehyung smiled warmly at his best friend and Jimin returned it.

"Yeah. I think I am."

It was at that moment that Chanyeol decided to make an appearance. He came down the hall, looking handsome in his blue jeans and white button-up shirt, dragging a suitcase behind him.

"Hey, Tae. Do you think you can help me pack the car?" He asked. Taehyung simply nodded in response, leaving Jimin's side to go get another bag.

As the brothers-in-law got to work, Jimin decided to join Baekhyun in the living room. When he walked inti the spacious room the first thing he saw was Baekhyun sitting on the couch, head thrown back and eyes closed. He looked exhausted, and Jimin wanted to do something to help.

With a warm smile he left the room to go make coffee.

"Tired?" He asked as he pressed the warm mug into Baekhyun's hands.

"Very. Kids are such a hassle." The older sighed, pulling a chuckle from Jimin's lips.

"I know the feeling." 

They sipped on their coffee in comfortable silence, hoping to gain some enrgry from the dark brew, when Ziyu came running in, climbing onto his father's lap. He sat on Jimin's legs, reaching up for his cup out of curiosity.

"You won't like it, Zi." Jimin laughed lightly, but let his son put the cup to his lips anyway. The minute the dark liquid touched the young boy's tongue he cringed and pulled away; earning a laugh frin his young father. The boy scrunched up his nose and hid his face in his father's shirt with an exclaimation of disgust.

"I warned you." Jimin chuckled warmly, wrapping his free arm around his cute son.

Jin Tuo came running in moments later, two action figures in hand and Ziyu looked up from his hiding place.

'"Play with me, Zi!" Jin Tuo exclaimed, climbing onto his own mother's lap beside Jimin and handind an action fogire to Ziyu. The parents smiled at their children before starting a conversation of their own.

"What are you planning to do once we get to Seoul?" The older of the two asked, turning to the boy who was just as much a brother to him as Taehyung. "If you don't have any plans you can come to see us at our new house."

Jimin hummed in thought.

"We were thinking about showing Zi around Seoul a little after we drop off our bags. I want to take him to the park near the house. I think he'll like it." Jimin smiled, looking down at his son with loving eyes and running his fingers through the boy's hair.

Chanyeol and Taehyung returned a few minutes later, stating that it was time to go if they wanted to eat before going to the airport like they planned.

Jimin smiled and picked Ziyu up, setting the boy on his hip.

"Let's go then."

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Uuummmmm....SORRY!!!

I know I was gone a long time. I really didn't mean for that to happen. Life just got really hectic and I don't have a computer anymore so I have to write this on my phone and that's just sooooo much slower and urgh.

So yeah. Time jump happened...

And Ziyu is actually a real kid (a child ulzang) but he kind of reminds me of Jimin sometime. Idk.

I know it's a short chapter but don't worry. There is more (I've written like 6 chapters ahead) but I wanted to give you guys something because I made you wait so long

Please comment and tell me what you think. Anythings fine. Even criticism. Just try not to be rude please.

 Thank you guys for sticking with me!! I love you all so much! ♥♥