A Dance and a Meeting

Please Hold Me Back

tumblr_ne3qdu0WGS1qljj29o8_500.gif

 

"Hey, this place isn't half bad, Tae." Jimin grinned, looking around the studio as they walked in.

"Were you really doubting me, Min? We've only been best friends our whole lives, do you really not trust me?" Taehyung fake pouted, throwing Jimin his best puppy-dog eyes.

“Of course, Tae. Of course.” Jimin laughed lightly, eyes turning into crescent moons.

“Anyway, hurry up! I already signed us up for dance the last time I was here and our class is about to start!” The blonde said over his shoulder as he made his way down the hall. Jimin rushed to catch up, not wanting to be late to his first class.

As they walked, Jimin couldn't help feeling a little nervous. Sure, he liked to dance. But this was different. This was the first time he would be taking a dance class, and he honestly didn't know what to expect. Moreover, he was worried he wouldn't be able to match the standard of his soon-to-be classmates, who had probably been dancing from a young age. So to say he was self-conscious would be an understatement. But Taehyung didn't seem the slightest bit nervous. Then again, he wasn't normal, that didn't mean anything.

Jimin was yanked out of his thoughts as he bumped into his best friend's back, who had stopped in front of the door while Jimin's mind was elsewhere.

The haired boy took a deep breath as Taehyung opened the door.

They were greeted by the sight of a large room, with mirrors covering every wall and people scattered about the room. Some stretching, some socializing, others already dancing. If Jimin had to guess, he would say there were about eighteen people in the room, one third of them girls.

He and his still-relaxed best friend made their way to the oldest of the occupants of the room– obviously the instructor.

“Excuse me, seongseang-nim.” Taehyung called for his attention politely, and continued when the teacher turned his way. “I'm Taehyung and this is Jimin.” They both bowed. “We just signed up for this class, today is our first day.” The blonde flashed the teacher his rectangular smile.

“Nice to meet you, Taehyung. Jimin.” The man replied with a pleasant smile. The man couldn't have been that much older than Jimin and Taehyung, with a handsome face and gummy smile that made him seem even younger. “I am Lee Hyukjae, but feel free to just call me Eunhyuk. Everyone else does. At the moment everyone is warming up. Since the studio is new and we still have people signing up, we'll just been working on some basic choreo for the time being until things settle down a little. So you can place your bags in one of the free lockers in the locker room, and once you're ready just do some stretches or something until class starts.” Eunhyuk smiled kindly at the two, who returned it with a nod of their head before they went their separate ways.

After both Jimin and Taehyung were changed and their belongings were safely stored away, they went back into the practice room and found an empty spot to start stretching.

A few minutes later, a woman that seemed to be about as old as Eunhyuk walked in through the door. She must be a seongseang-nim too. Jimin thought as he straightened up.

“Alright class!” Eunhyuk called out, and everyone stopped stretching to turn to him and listen to what he had to say. “This is Han Choim, the female instructor for this class from today onwards. Don't give her a hard time, okay girls?” He said flashing a charismatic smile towards the females of the class, who giggled in return. “Males and females will be taught separately, but that doesn't mean we won't collaborate on some dances. Especially dances that involve the whole class and duets and the like. In fact, Choim and I actually have a demonstration we'd like to show you before class begins.”

The whole class smiled in excitement to see what their teachers had in store for them as they moved to the back wall to allow the two some room to dance. Eunhyuk handed one of the students his ipod, and the student plugged it into the speaker as the seongseang-nim's got into position.

Super Junior's Evanesce drifted through the speakers and the two began to dance.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaI4vTKxexQ A/N: sorry, I don't know how to describe their dance, so just watch it please.)

After the teacher's finished their dance, all the students' eyes were wide with awe. There was a moment of silence before the exclamations began. The two teachers smiled proudly at the response they got, before they began to shush the class in order to get on with the lesson.

“As you can see, just because boys and girls will be learning separately doesn't mean you can't dance together.” Eunhyuk concluded the demonstration neatly. “Now if I can have all the boys move to the left side of the room and all the girls to the right, please. Let's start today's lesson.” Eunhyuk beamed.

“Wah~! That was so cool! They work so well together!” Jimin's spoke in pure awe, as he stood to move to the left side of the huge room.

“I know right, hyung!” Taehyung squealed in reply. “I want to dance like that some day!”

“Me too!” A third voice pitched in from beside them. “We're so lucky to be learning from such talented people!” Jimin and Taehyung grinned in agreement before introducing themselves.

“Nice to meet you, hyungs! I'm Jungkook.” The boy returned their smiles, eyes crinkling up at the corners.

As they reached the group of eager boys on the left, another student ran up to the trio.

“Did you see that, Kook? It was so cool wasn't it!?” The boy cried out, eyes sparkling in pure excitement.

“I know right!” Jungkook replied with just as much enthusiasm. “I can't wait to see what type of choreography they'll teach us!” The two squealed for a moment, until Jungkook remembered that his new friends were still there. “Oh! Sorry.” He smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck before introducing Jimin and Taehyung to the new boy. “Taehyung and Jimin, this is Hoseok, but we just call him Hobi. Hobi-hyung, this is Taehyung and Jimin.” The trio bowed to each other respectfully before launching into a conversation about dance while they waited for their teacher.

- - -

As time passed and they attended more and more lessons together, the group grew closer and closer.

Weeks later, as they wrapped up their practice for the day, Jimin was still having trouble with a new piece they learned.

“Ready to leave, hyung?” Jungkook asked as he stuffed his drink bottle back into his bag.

“No...I think I'm going to stay back a while so I can practice that one move.” Jimin replied with a frown.

“Okay. Don't work too hard.” Jungkook flashed him an eye-smile before taking his leave along with Taehyung and Hoseok.

Gradually, the studio began to empty out, one person at a time. And Jimin kept practicing, even when everyone else was gone and he was the only one left in the large studio.

 

 

“! No no no no no, this can't be happening!” Jungkook freaked later that night. It was close to midnight and he had just realized that the huge project that he'd been working on for the last two weeks was still in his studio locker. It really didn't help his frenzied state of mind that it was due the next day and there was no way he could go to the studio before school.

“What's your problem?” His brother's best friend scowled at the noise Jungkook was making from his spot on the couch. It wasn't really unusual for him to be here this late. He was always staying over.

“I left my project in my locker at the studio!” Jungkook whined. “Can you go get it for me, hyung? Please? Pretty please?” He threw in some aegyo for good measure, pleading his hyung to drive up to the studio to get it. He would go himself, but there were a few problems with that plan. For one, he couldn't drive and two; Jin-hyung would probably murder him for going out so late. And alone at that.

The other male sighed and hung his head in defeat. “Fine. But only because you're Jin's little brother. If you were anyone else, you'd be royally screwed right now.” He spoke over his shoulder as he collected his keys and put his shoes on.

“Thank you, hyung! I love you!” Jungkook grinned in relief.

“Yeah, yeah.” The other replied with a flick of the wrist. But, nonetheless, a small smile settled itself on his lips as he walked out the door.

 

As the boy pulled up in front of the studio, he had no trouble recalling the code to the door, or the directions to the dance room. Jungkook had been so excited about his new classes that he had told him and Jin all about it. Multiple times, actually. And he didn't leave a single a detail out, either. Just today, Jungkook had run through all the happenings of the day the minute he walked through the front door. From when he first walked into his singing class that day to how his friend decided to stay late to practice.

As the brunette got closer, he began to hear music filtering out of the room. A frown of confusion settled on his brow as he thought of who would still be working at this hour.

He quietly walked to the door, not wanting to interrupt whoever was in there. The brunette peeked through the double doors to see a boy. He was short, with black bangs plastered to his forehead and chubby cheeks. And he was dancing. So intensely that the brunette couldn't tear his eyes away from the boy's movements.

He thought the boy was doing great. Incredible even. Heaven knows he couldn't dance like that. But the dancer didn't seem to agree, as a scowl was set into his soft features.

The brunette silently watched as the boy finished his dance before collapsing to the floor, sprawling out in a sweaty, panting mess. He thought now was probably the best time to approach the exhausted boy.

“You're a great dancer.” He stated, a small smile playing about his lips. The boy shot up upon hearing the unexpected voice. When he saw the brunette making his way over, he grinned sheepishly, eyes turning into little crescents.

“Thank you.” There was a moment of awkward silence, neither knowing what to say, before the brunette coughed.

“I'm looking for Jeon Jungkook's locker. He left an important project here that he needs for tomorrow. Do you think you could show me where it is?” He cocked his head to the side.

“You know Jungkook?” The dancer's mouth turned into a perfect 'o' that was soon replaced with a grin. “He's a good friend of mine. C'mon! Right this way!” He spun on his heels and ran into the locker-room, leaving the brunette to wonder how he could still have so much energy after dancing the way he did. He shook his head and followed after the boy.

It suddenly occurred to him, as the boy was handing him the project, that this was the friend Jungkook mentioned stayed 'a little' later. Yet here he was; still dancing 4 hours later. He thanked the dancer as they walked back through the practice room before going their separate ways; the dancer to the speakers to replay the song, and the brunette to the exit.

“Oh! I never caught you're name! I'm Jimin, by the way.” The dancer called out, halting the elder at the door.

He turned around before answering. “Yoongi. Min Yoongi.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, I updated!!

original.jpg

 

Anyway, how is the first chapter? Personally I think it's pretty boring. Honestly when I read it my reaction was something like this:

tumblr_mr1e4ykN9U1sc0yfro1_500.jpg

But that's the way it is with almost every first chapter, so I guess it's to be expected.

 

Things will probably move pretty fast for the first part of the story, since the main focus is after all the pregnant stuff happens, so I want to get to that as fast as possible without rushing anything.

WAAAAEEEEE!!!??? TT TT I just wanna write that part but I have to go through all this first //sigh

 

Also, I at chapter names, so...

5120988672_4b7a74b832_z.jpg

 

Please tell me what you think so I can improve my writing ~^^

 

 

Edit: I was just proof-reading my work (Yes, after I already posted it. Don't judge me.), and there were so many typos! Honestly! What was going through my head when I wrote this?