Old Friend

My Shadow

Chapter 3Old Friend


Kai and Sulli got off the bus after almost two hours, because Kai actually fell asleep. Sulli did try to wake him up before, but Kai did not budge. It wasn’t until the bus driver himself went to kick them out (he’s going on his lunch break) that Kai then woke up. That nap did him well, since he now seems to be wide awake, but the only problem was they have missed their stopped. It’s going to take thirty minute walk to arrive at to the destination. Sulli didn’t mind, because at least now Kai is awake and they can also sight see the area.

Sulli is super excited as she looks around the area with nothing but admiration. It’s been a long time since she and Kai walk in that area and many things stay the same, but there were also many changes too. One that caught her attention is when they cross the street and upon that Sulli gain the attention of the corner store. It’s a small little pet shop. She peers into the large glass window where a few puppies were playing inside a square play pen.

“They’re so cute.” She said smiling at the puppies. One of the puppies, a small white maltase, seems to take a notice of her and walk over to the glass and sat down looking right at her. “Hello~” The little puppy looks as adorable as it tilts its head side to side. She turns to look at Kai (who stood behind her). “Kai come look at how cute this puppy is.”

Kai step forward and Sulli movie to the side to make room for him. Kai stares at the puppy as it sat there staring. It is really cute and Kai smile. Kai loves dogs, and his family owns about three of them. They were now practically his mom’s kids now, since him and his sisters are all grown up now.  The puppy then stood up and presses its paw against the glass, and Kai did the same.

“I think he likes you Kai.” Sulli said with a smile on her face.

“Oh? Is that you Kai?” a voice came from the distance. Kai and Sulli look up to see a beautiful girl dress in a white blouse and black leggings. Her is pulled back and tied neatly in a bun. She wore a worn-out converse shoes and in her arms she carried a brown cardboard box. “AH! It is you.” She walks over to them with a smile on her face.

“Seulgi?” Kai said as he recognize who she was. He stood up straight.

“Of course it is. How can you forget such a beautiful person like me?” She laughs.

“Well, for one thing we haven’t seen each other since we were eight, so that’s 12 years ago.”

“I guess that is long ago.” She looks behind Kai and spotted Sulli. “Ah is that Sulli too?”

Kai glance back and look at Sulli for a few seconds before looking back at Seulgi. “Eh…yeah.”

“Wow, Sulli you got much prettier from the last time I saw you. Also taller now too.” She praise Sulli and Sulli smile.

“You too Seulgi unni.” Sulli said happily.  Seulgi is a friend of Sulli and Kai ever since they were little kids. One can say they were long time childhood friends. When they turn eight Seulgi and her family moved away, and they haven’t even each other since. So, it’s very surprising to see her, and all grown up too.

“So, why are you back?” Kai wonders. He’s curious to know why someone who moved away so many years ago is back.

                “Yah. Don’t be rude Kai.” Sulli said as she notice his attitude.

                Seulgi chuckles, “My family, and I just move back from America. My grandma really misses here. This place right here.” She points to the corner store that Kai and Sulli just was looking in. “This is my family pet shop. We just open it recently.”

                “Ah.” Both Kai and Sulli said as they notice the name of the pet store. It reads, Kang’s Family Pets Shop.

They all chat for a while, until Kai check the time. It was getting late. Seulgi bid the two goodbye. She watch as Kai and Sulli got further and further into the distance. She miss the old times that they all spend together as kids. It was a fun time, and she’s glad to see that neither of them change, other than their appearances.

“You can come out now.” Seulgi said, her eyes still on the two in front of her. Feeling the presence behind her she continue, “Did you really have to hide yourself? I thought you wanted to see her again after all these years, Sehun?” Sehun didn’t answer, so Seulgi again continue talking. “She still so attach to him. Even though it’s impossible for them. In the end, I wonder if she’ll still smile like that.”

“Master, what will happen to her?” Sehun finally said after a while.

“From what I know, if she continues to stay with him. She’ll…”


Hi~♥ Even though it's a couple of days late. Happy Lunar New Year! ^_^

large.giftumblr_mwz9okwGQg1shpqbto1_r4_500.gif