Wondering Who's The Bigger Idiot Between Us...

I'm Just A High School Junior and I'm Married!

 

...........................................................................................................................................................

Yuri’s POV:

(A few days later… Around 3:30 p.m.)

 

 

“Yah, are you sure about this? I feel so guilty…” I said in a low voice, peering at the senior hallway from behind the corner.

“Aish, it’s fine, it’s fine, just trust me on this…” The guy behind me said, his excited voice not really making feel reassured.

 

I have NO idea what he's thinking about...

He wants oppa to notice me but---...

His methods are a little--....

 

“But it’s somehow painful...I can’t, I really can’t Woo--…” I said, looking at him with a pleading expression.

“Stay there and don’t move until I tell you to! Sheeesh!”

 

I haven’t seen oppa for the past day and a half and have been making all sorts of excuses not to meet him…all because of Nam Woohyun. Who else?

He told me that the more a guy doesn’t see a girl he’s used to be around with, the more he’ll think about her…according to that famous saying ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’, he says.

 

But I think the only one missing the other between us two is me…

Aish, not seeing or talking to oppa for even a day is rather painful…

Now I have to wait two days more during the weekend to see him again.

Why did I let Nam Woohyun talk me into this??

 

“Yah, here he comes…stay here while I go talk to him arasso?” He said, giving me a warning look.

“W-w-wait, why are you--…yah, come back here Nam Woohyun!” I said, lowering my voice but he already moved to the opposite side, acting like he was looking for somebody.

 

Oppa was coming down from the stairs and was heading this way, reading a piece of paper while he walked.

 

That Nam Woohyun…

I don’t understand him at all…

What is he UP to…?

 

I saw him walk then, purposely bumping into Myungsoo-oppa, making the latter look up from whatever he had been reading.

 

“Omo, just the guy I wanted to see!”

“Erm…yes?” He said, looking at Woohyun with a suspicious expression.

 

Aish, this is REALLY weird...

Those two have never really seen eye-to-eye but now he's talking to him like they were old friends...

Oppa's gonna think something's going on...

I just know it!

 

“President-nim, have you seen our Yuri today? I’ve been looking for her EVERYWHERE…" Woohyun said, his tone as if he really HAD been doing that.

 

Aigoo...what a great actor...

Or maybe he's just used to lying a lot?

Most likely...

 

"Wae? What do YOU want with Yuri?" Myungsoo-oppa said, narrowing his eyes with suspicion at the seemingly-innocent Woohyun.

"I was thinking of asking her to go play tonight…” He said, a devilish smile on his face, his tone a bit taunting.

"So you two...are friends?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't we be?!" He said, his tone in mock surprise.

"Well she--...never mind. No, I haven’t seen her either…please try the archery club room, she’s usually there if she isn’t in the school building…if that’ll be---…”

“Yah, aren’t you worried about Yuri these days? A LOT of guys have their eyes on her now and it might just be a matter of time before she gets snatched up by some guy…”

“Really...!?" Oppa said, his serious face suddenly taking on a surprised expression.

"Wae, are you---..." Woohyun said, a slight smile on his lips at oppa's reaction.

"Uwaah...a lot of people like my dongsaeng? …that’s great! She’ll have even more friends now! Because you know she alw---…”

“Yah, didn’t you understand what I said? I said she might get a BOYFRIEND…”Woohyun said, frustration somehow lacing his tone.

“Yuri…? A-a-a boyfriend?” He stuttered, his eyes widening with surprise and disbelief.

“Yeah, even my friends have confessed to her… Wae? Worried, aren’t ya?”

“Well…of course… Eottoke...what do I---..." Oppa said, a thoughtful expression on his face as he suddenly mulled over Woohyun's words in his head.

 

Is oppa....worried about me getting a boyfriend?

Does he really care....?

No, andwe!

I'm already getting my hopes up...

 

"...aigoo, I must have a talk with this guy, whoever he is…”

“Wae? Why do---…”

“I must tell him just how hectic Yuri’s work is in the council and the club, he should understand my dongsaeng more if that were the case. Aigoo, I’m so worried…”

“Omo, wae? Wae? Perhaps you---…”

“…she’s already so busy with the student council and archery club practices and studying as well, how is she going to handle a boyfriend? Aigoo, I should help them…what if their relationship doesn’t work out beca---…”

"Yah! Why are you worried about THAT? Shouldn't you be worried about something else??!" Woohyun said, his voice rising a bit with irritation.

"Huh? What should I be worried about?" Oppa said, a questioning expression on his face.

"Worried about HER getting a BOYfriend!"

"I am worried! I'm worried that their relationship will be affected by work..." Oppa said, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Woohyun as though the other one wasn't making any sense.

"Aish..." Woohyun said, hitting his forehead with the palm of his hand in frustration.

 

Nam Woohyun, you’re an idiot aren’t you?

You just made me realize that oppa really DOES only see me as a dongsaeng and a fellow member…

I don’t wanna listen to oppa talk about my imaginary boyfriend anymore…

Boyfriend or no, oppa's still the same caring and kind oppa...

I should be happy that he cares enough to think of me like that...

 

 

But why do I feel like my heart’s gonna break into pieces all over again…?

 

 

..............................................................................................................................................

Woohyun’s POV:

 

This--…this little--…

Aish, he’s REALLY making me irritated now…

Somehow I want to punch that pretty face hoping it’ll wake him up already…

 

“Aish! You’re an idiot aren’t you?” I said, raising an eyebrow at him, my tone dripping with irritation.

“E-excuse me?” He said, narrowing his eyes at me.

“Never mind. I’ll---…I’ll just go now.” I said, sighing deeply, not wanting to talk to him anymore, afraid I might get contaminated by his denseness.

“W-wai--…” He started to say when I suddenly disappeared around the corner.

 

“Yur---…” I started to say when I suddenly saw that no one was there.

 

She left…?

 

Dammit, I forgot Yuri’s listening to this conversation…

Did she hear everything?

Aish, it’s that stupid sissy-faced pabo’s fault…

She must be around here moping by herself…

 

I walked along the classrooms which were almost bare since it was Friday and classes usually ended earlier than usual.

 

Maybe she went home already…?

 

I walked towards the exit when I suddenly heard the soft notes of a piano and a beautiful, familiar voice streaming from the music room. I opened the already-slightly ajar door and peered inside, curious about the owner of the voice.

 

Yuri…?

 

I recognized the song she was singing and playing on the piano, a famous pop song called “Because I’m A Fool.” It was already sad but somehow, the way she was singing it made the song even more heart-breaking to listen to.

 

….I will be there wherever you call out

Without a change I will be there,
Because I love you,
Until the day you meet the person to protect you instead of me,

For a while I will stay next to you,

Because it is a happy love just looking at you,
I don’t need anything else,
So that you can rest anytime,
I will remain the same for you,
Even if you leave me without goodbye,
I will send you away thankfully,
Because I’m a fool…

 

 

Uwaaah…how--…how beautiful…

Man, I could listen to her sing all day…

Wait, that's not the issue here!...

Aish, she must be feeling bad about earlier...

 

“…--hat’s right, Lee Yuri. You’re a pabo…a complete and utter pabo. And because you’re an idiot, no matter what he says, even if he’ll never like you back, you still won’t give up no matter what… You’re such a pabo---…” She muttered to herself loudly, hitting herself on the head before burying her face in her arms while leaning on the piano.

 

Wait…

Is she---..is she crying??

 

“Yuri--...” I started to say, touching her arm a little, wanting to check if she really was crying or not.

“Kyaaa!” She screamed, suddenly moving away from my hand and looking at me with a surprised expression.

“Aish, it’s just me!”

“Don’t sneak up on me like that, sheesh!” She said, a hand over her heart as she stared at me angrily.

“Sorry, I thought you were--…” I said, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly.

“…I was?” She said, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Nothing.” I said, breathing a deep sigh of relief before looking away and feigning nonchalance.

 

Well, it’s a good thing she wasn’t crying…

She SHOULDN'T cry over that idiot anyway...

And if she did, I might’ve gotten even more irritated with that girly-faced pabo…

I’m already itching to punch him on the face..

 

“Wait…how long have you been there?” She suddenly asked, her eyes narrowing at me with suspicion.

 

I probably shouldn't tell her I caught her singing earlier...

 

“W-what? …oh, just now. I just finished talking with that girly-faced idiot…” I said, smiling slightly.

“Aish, how many times do I have to tell you not to insult oppa?!”

“He DESERVES to be insulted for being such a dense pabo…” I said, rolling my eyes in frustration.

“It’s not his fault he doesn’t think of things like that, he’s just--…” Yuri said, before stopping herself from continuing and looking away.

 

Aigoo, I know you feel bad Yuri-ah...

Heck, even I feel kinda bad for you...

 

“Whatever…kaja!” I said, suddenly snapping her out of her depressed state.

“W-why?”

“Did you forget that our families are coming over for dinner today?” I said, raising an eyebrow at her.

“Oh…right…” She said, sighing deeply before getting up and closing the piano cover.

 

Was she still depressed about what that president said?

Aish, she’s so stubborn and always overthinks things…

 

“Yuri…kwenchana?” I asked cautiously, making her raise her face and look at me with a surprised expression.

“D-deh…why wouldn’t I be?” She said, her voice faltering a little bit at the end.

“About what he said, look he just--…” 

“It’s fine, I heard everything. Don’t mind it, oppa has always been like that, it isn’t a big deal…”

“B-but…”

“Come on, let’s go, we have to clean up first before they arrive...” She said, smiling before grabbing her backpack and leaving first.

 

Aish…don’t make me worry about you Yuri...

It would have been better if you'd just cried or gotten angry...

Now I can't figure out what you're thinking at all...

 

 

I shook my head as I followed her out the door then out of the school.

 

 

 

.................................................................................................................................................

Yuri’s POV:

 

What do I do now…?

I wonder…

 

I leaned my head against the bus window and looked at the scenery outside. I glanced at Woohyun who was sitting on the other side, also leaning on a window and was busy texting.

 

Somehow, I feel really envious of him right now…

He doesn’t even have to try and the girl he likes has already become his girlfriend…

Maybe I could have gotten myself a boyfriend by now too if I could just forget about Myungsoo-oppa…

Yet I can’t, no matter what I do---…

So I don’t have much of a choice except to keep trying, to keep staying by his side…

 

I still remember that day…

The day when all my troubles and heartaches started…

 

But I don’t wanna remember it now…

Or ever, in fact…

I should catch up on some sleep while we---…

 

 

 

~~FLASHBACK~~

 

(During middle school... 13-year-old Yuri)

 

“Aigoo…too bad your rich parents can’t help you now, huh?”

“Poor Yuri, can’t help herself without her money now can she?”

“Ugly brat…just transfer to another school will ya?”

“Yeah, you’re stinking up the atmosphere here!”

 

I heard my attackers laughing at me while they continued kicking me and hitting me with the wooden stick.

I kept silent, protecting my head, knowing that they’ll only be aggravated more if I talk back at them. I waited for them to stop after they’ve had their fill of beating me up.

Since I first entered middle school, this has been happening a lot. I’ve come up with a million excuses to say to appa, umma and my brothers…I didn’t want them to come here and make things even worse.

 

So many times, I’ve been beaten black and blue like this…

I’ve learned that no matter what, no one’s gonna come save me…

These kids…they’re all the same…

I just have to rely on my own perseverance---…

 

“Yah! What are you doing over there?” An unfamiliar voice, a boy’s, called out, halting their attacks.

“Oh sh*t! Somebody saw us!”

“Quick, run!”

 

I felt them leave and scramble away so I tried sitting up, despite my body aching all over.

 

“You’re hurt! Aish, eottoke…we should go to the infirmary…” The boy said, looking over me with a worried expression.

 

I don’t know him…

Why is he here….?

I wonder what he wants from me…

 

“W-why are you helping me?” I asked, suspicion lacing my tone as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You obviously NEED help! Come on, you’re bleeding!” He said, panicking a lot.

“Thanks but please--…leave me alone… I don’t want your help…” I said, trying to get up from the hard cemented floor and get away from him.

 

I don’t trust anyone anymore…

Those girls who befriended me before because they found out my family was rich…

They used me and when I found out, they beat me up…

Everywhere I go…people are---…

 

I was limping, trying to drag my feet and aching body away from him when I suddenly felt myself being lifted from the ground by a pair of slim but strong arms.

 

“Y-yah! What’re you--…”

“Aigoo, stop moving or I’ll drop you!” He exclaimed, stilling my thrashing movements just a while ago, making me glare at him instead.

 

Who does he think he is?!

I don't even know him and he's---...

 

“That’s a good girl…now come on, let oppa take you to the infirmary…” He said, smiling gently down at me.

 

He’s weird…

Even after I told him to leave me alone…

Why is--…why is he still being so nice…

 

 

(At the infirmary…)

 

“Aigoo, it looks painful…” The tall oppa said, holding a cotton in one hand while he peered into my wounds closely.

“Aish, I’ll do it myself then…” I said, attempting to grab the antiseptic from him before he moved it away from my reach.

“Andwe! Let--…let me do it…” He said, a pained expression on his face as he applied antiseptic to the cuts on my arms and knees.

 

He looks like he’s the one in pain instead of me…

His face looks really funny right now but I can't even bear to laugh…

Aish, but it hurts so bad…

I feel like cry---...

 

Andwe!

I can’t cry though…I can’t cry because of this…

 

“D-doesn’t it hurt really bad?” He said, looking very worried and concerned.

“Yeah, it does.” I said with a straight face, not wanting to show him I actually was in pain.

“Then why don’t you look like you’re in pain….? If you want to cry, you can you know…” He said, flinching as he saw the large gash on my leg.

 

No matter how much it hurts...

No matter how painful it felt being betrayed like that...

I'll never cry because of something like this...

 

"They--…those girls…I don’t wanna cry because of them. That would make me look pathetic.” I said, biting my lower lip a little as I felt the sting of my wounds being cleaned.

"I know you're trying really hard to be strong but--..."

 

“I don’t want to cry, sheesh!… Yah, stop looking at me like that!" I said, glaring at him despite the pain all over my body.

"W-w-what...? I don't underst---..." He stammered, looking very confused.

"I don't need your pity! I'm thankful you're helping me but I don't want it if you're jus---..." 

"Silly girl, what are you talking about? Can't I just care about you?!" 

"B-bwoh...?" 

 

I wanna get out of here...

I don't believe what he just said...CAN'T believe his words...

I can't stand the pitying look in his eyes...

I don't need anyone's pity...

I've always handled things by myself and I'll ALWAYS handle things by myself...

 

“Were they--…were they your friends?” He said gently.

“Friends…? They befriended me because of my parents’ money…I wonder if that could even be called being friends…”

“I’m sorry…” He said, looking up at me as though he really WAS sorry for some reason.

“Wae? Why are YOU sorry? It’s not like--…”

“I don’t know, I just felt really sorry all of a sudden. It must have been hard on you.”

“I’m just fine…wait, what are yo---…” I started to say when my words were suddenly halted as I found myself enveloped in an embrace.

 

He suddenly put his arms around me and cradled my head in his chest, tightly.

 

W-w-wha--...what's happening??

Why is he acting like this...?

 

Why is--…why is my heart beating so fast all of a sudden…

It doesn’t feel uncomfortable…

It feels....warm...like how umma feels...

In fact---…being hugged like this is---…

 

“If you want, I’ll be your friend arasso? And I’ll protect you…” He said, his voice sounding serious and determined.

“Y-you don’t even know me…let me go already!” I said, hitting him on the back since he wouldn't let go no matter how much I thrashed about.

“You know, I have a little sister…even though she’s only in preschool. If she went through something like this, I’d want her to have someone by her side to protect her as well…so let me do that for you okay?”

“I already have 2 older brothers and I don’t really need another one…”

“Just let me be your friend, okay? Even if you don’t trust me now, I’ll make sure to work hard and gain it so you can always count on me…”

“I--…I don’t need your protection so---…

“Aigoo, quit being so stubborn already…call me Myungsoo-oppa, okay?”

“I am NOT stubborn!”

“Arasso, arasso, not-so-stubborn girl…what’s your name?”

 

This boy...

I don't understand why he's being like this...

But it's the first time someone has told me that they'll protect me other than my family...

Can he---...can he be trusted?

 

“…Lee Yuri.” I said, looking at my feet instead of his face.

“Okay, from now on I am Yuri’s knight arasso?” He said, making me look at him with eyes widened in surprise.

“W-what…? I don’t want you to---…” I answered, waving my hands in front of him in opposition.

“Now kaja, let’s go get some ice cream!” He exclaimed, suddenly standing up after putting away the bandages and antiseptic.

“W-wait…I don’t---…”

“You ALWAYS have to eat ice cream whenever you’re feeling down… Kaja!” He said, holding on to my hand tightly and leading me out the door.

 

I don’t know why I let him hold my hand and lead me away, dragging me in his pace.

Should I trust that he won't hurt me....?

 

 

~~END OF FLASHBACK~~

 

 

“…-uri…Lee Yuri!”

“W-what?” I said, waking up with a jolt as I felt a hand prodding my shoulder.

“Come on, we gotta get off!” Woohyun said, already standing up and motioning me to follow him quickly.

“Oh!” I scrambled off my seat, grabbing my bag and following Woohyun off the bus.

 

I panted and tried to catch my breath like mad the moment I got off, not being used to moving quickly and suddenly.

 

Aish…why did I have to dream about that?

Now my heart is racing again and--…

 

I suddenly felt drops of rain falling on my and arms, making me raise my head and welcome it.

 

It's so rare being caught in the rain like this...

Somehow it might have noticed how I was feeling today...

Maybe it came for me....?

 

“Yah! What are you doing? We gotta run!” He said, hands over his head as the rain continued to fall down in large, heavy drops.

“I don’t wanna run! I’ll just walk!” I shouted over the loud pitter-patter.

“Aish…come on!” He shouted, grabbing my wrist suddenly, dragging me along with him towards our house.

“I said, I don’t wanna run! I just wanna walk!”

“Are you crazy?! I don’t wanna catch a cold!” He shouted angrily, frustration making his voice rise by octaves.

“Then just run off by yourself and let me walk!” I said, shaking off his grasp and standing still instead.

“Aish…fine! Suit yourself!” He said, suddenly letting go of my hand and running off by himself towards the direction of our house.

 

I want to delay going home…

For as long as I can…

I don't wanna go home feeling like this...

Feeling sad, alone and hopeless...

It somehow doesn't feel right...

 

I wanna forget first....

I just want to enjoy the rain for once, not caring about anything…

 

I want to forget about my dream, the one I can’t ever pursue…

I want to forget that I’m married to a guy I don’t like…

Want to forget that my parents made me do it…

Want to forget that I’m living a life I’m not comfortable with…

Want to forget that the guy I’ve always loved will probably never love me back…

 

 

Everything.