Two Weeks in Hell

Some Things were Meant to Be

Two weeks have passed since I met Jiyong and I am at loss of what to do with myself until I get over seeing him.

At least, I was actively searching for jobs and actively trying to hide my feelings to Eimi. Poor thing, she didn’t know how to comfort me.

“You’re not over him” Eimi said as she came out of her bedroom.

I jumped and shook my head, maybe I wasn’t that good at acting after all. “I don’t know what you mean.”

Eimi thumped me on the back and looked at me. She didn’t have to say anything. I knew what she was thinking.

“I’m not that depressed.” I mumbled, defeated.

And huffing out a heavy sigh, I made my way to the kitchen and leaned my hips against the kitchen’s door. “Fine, let’s assume I still have some small feelings for him”

Eimi gave me a look of sympathy which made me speed up my words.

“I know you might think I’m so stupid but I really wasn’t planning on meeting him, I really avoided him, and you know that better than anyone…I just can’t get over the way he treated me. I hate him so much but a part of me also loves him and it kills me!! It does!” I paused when I realized I was crying, she came closer to hug me “I wish I could rip that part of me that is still not over him but I can’t and I have to live with it..”

I looked at her, waiting for a reaction but she was just looking sideways.

“You think I’m stupid right?”

“I didn’t say that” Eimi answered as she scrutinized me, then she added “I think you actually need to see him and talk to him, you guys never had a proper closure.”

I knew she was probably right but the very thought of seeing him again made me lightheaded. And instead of pondering more on what I should or should not do, I opted for changing the subject and to my own satisfaction,suceeded in doing so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyong grabbed the towel next to him and wiped the sweat off his face, he had such a tiring day. He looked at his watch. 6pm already!

“Taeyang! When are we going to take a break? I’m starving!”

Taeyang  smiled “we’re done!” he lied down on the floor “and we’ll have the whooole weekend free so we can party as much as we want”

“yea…” mumbled Jiyong unhappily.

Taeyang turned and faced his friend, staring at his blank expression for a while. “Jiyong what’s up?”

Jiyong didn’t know the answer to that question. It all started two weeks ago when he was doing an interview with T.O.P on the streets. It was going well as far as he could recall until the host brought up fans from the crowd to ask them questions. Then, he saw her again. Her…Kiko…his ex-wife. She was standing in front of him and to his horror she was as beautiful as the last time he’ve seen her. Perhaps even more so now.

“Nothing…I’m just tired and hungry I guess.” He lied.

Taeyang was up “Let’s go eat at my house then, we can go party after.”

They both headed out and got in their cars. Jiyong followed Taeyang with his car till they reached his house. Once they arrived at the underground parking, they went straight up to the elevator. Taeyang pushed the 10th floor button. “I am so grateful for elevators at least we can go straight to the house without being noticed” he sighed in relief.

Jiyong nodded, his friend was right, the only time they felt they really had some privacy was when coming back to their houses. Once they were there, they could act as normal people as if they weren’t big popstars, there he wasn’t GD anymore, he was just Kwon Jiyong.

The boys ate dinner while playing some PS games. They laughed loudly and fighted over who would win, then Taeyang’s phone rang “Hello? Yea we’re at my place…oh you guys are already there?...yea we’re coming.”

He hung up the phone and turned to Jiyong. “We gotta go, they are waiting for us.”

30 minutes later, Jiyong and Taeyang were at the door of ‘Ellui’. They headed straight to the VIP area where Seungri, Daesung and T.O.P were already sitting. Music blared loudly, they could barely hear one another. Jiyong pushed through sweaty bodies to get to the bar. He needed a drink so bad.Tonight he wanted to get drunk, he needed to get drunk. He had so many things to forget…

Taeyang’s POV

It was 3am, Seungri, T.O.P and Daesung were already on their way out. I looked up and saw Jiyong surrounded by girls as usual. I called him and signaled that it was time to leave. He just nodded and followed me out of the club. When we arrived at his car, I could tell he was drunk out of his mind just by the way he was stumbling around.

“Come with me Jiyong, you’re too drunk.”

“Alright, yea..drop me at my house” he asked while resting his hand on my shoulder.

He sounded off and I couldn’t help but ask him why.

“You’re sure you’re ok?”

“Yea…” he smiled then continued “Yea..no..I’m not.”

“I knew something was off! You’re acting weird lately.”

He sighed and slowed down to look at me “I met Kiko two weeks ago.”

I stared at him. “Kiko?” I asked with shock.

“Yeah,” Jiyong mumbled.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” I asked.

Jiyong shrugged “I thought it was ok, but I can’t stop thinking about her” he said, clearly frustrated.

We arrived at my car, and I decided to go inside before continuing our conversation. I needed time to digest what he has just said.

“Did you talk to each other?” I managed to say after a while.

“mmm? …nooo..” he grumbled.

“You should maybe call her and talk, if you can’t stop thinking about her.”

He stared at me for a while trying to process what I had just said, then turned his head and looked out the window absent-mindedly. The discussion was over, I knew it. So I just dropped him at his house. It was always hard to talk to him about Kiko. But I knew him more than anyone and after all, I knew that deep inside he wants to talk to her. I just said out loud what he was probably already thinking about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyong knew even before he opened his eyes, that he had a hangover by the way his head was pounding. He could barely remember anything from yesterday but he realized that he slept while holding his phone. He held it up to check if there were any new messages. Nothing.

He sat up and noticed a phonebook near the bed. It was open on the letter “M”.

“Oh !” he mumbled as he remembered what happened last night.