Stuck With My Memories

Some Things were Meant to Be

Kiko's POV

He was gazing away for what felt to me like an eternity. So I looked around and noticed how cold the apartment felt, everything looked expensive and new but also felt soul-less.

 

My eyes then shifted to Jiyong, he looked calm and composed. He was rubbing his chin while biting on his lower lip as if he was contemplating what to say.

 

Finally he spoke “Aren’ t you going to ask me why I called you last night?” he locked his eyes with mine and stared at me intently.

 

A sudden wave of calmness overtook me as we locked eyes, but it subsided quickly and I was back to my panicky state. 

 

“Why did you call?”

 

“I wanted to check on my ex” he smirked.

 

I rolled my eyes. He was trying to provoke me and I was not going to fall in his trap. Fine, you wanna play it cool? Let’s play it cool GD!

 

“You know? On second thought, I do want a beer”

 

He gave me a lopsided smile and disappeared to the kitchen, then came back with a bottle of beer and handed it to me.

 

“ So, again, what’s new with you?” he asked while sitting back in the sofa.

 

“Not as much as you obviously” I answered.

 

“I guess you’re right, how long has it been since we last saw each other again? 3 years?”

 

“Well” he paused, looked down, rubbed his thumb against his lips and smirked while looking up at me (he’s up to something I’m sure!!) “We had a bad breakup, but now time has passed and I called because we’re grown up now, so I want to make sure it’s all good between us.”

 

OK this is it, I was ready to slap the life out of him. I can’t believe he thinks I’d be forgetting him that easily, after all what he has done!

 

I could not believe that was the sole reason for him to be calling me and meeting me again so I asked “So you called me and asked to meet me to say this?”

 

“Yea..” he paused and glanced at his phone vibrating next to him, he took the call and gestured to me to wait.

 


 

 

Jiyong was wondering too why he was going through such lengths to see her again. Was it really to just bury the past?

 

Before he could answer her, Taeyang came to the rescue, he was the one calling and even if Jiyong didn’t really have to take the call , he did it to give himself some time to think about the situation he was in.

 

“Hey hyung, what’s up?”

 

“GD, the press is getting ready to camp out at your house, I thought I’d let you know.”

 

“mm? why?” he headed to the nearest window to check the entrance of the house.

 

“Apparently, there are some rumors about you preparing for a solo album and they are probably trying to get a scoop.” He explained.

 

he racked his hair with his hand, this was a very bad timing. When he looked outside, 3 reporters were already waiting by the entrance with their cameras. He realized he would’nt be able to get out now.He had to stay inside and wait for them to leave.

 

“Ok, thanks for the heads up hyung, I’ll call you later.” He said as he hung up and turned towards Kiko who was following him with her eyes.

 

This whole thing was getting out of hand, he shouldn’t have brought her here. Now they both had to stay in until the journalists leave and god knows when they will!

 

“I have good and bad news which one you want me to start with first?” he announced.

 

“the bad news?”

 

“You will probably have to spend the night here.”

 

Kiko looked at him as if waiting for the punchline of the joke. “You’re joking right?” She finally asked once she saw how serious he was. she stood up and faced him. “You know what? The joke is on me,this is ridiculous.”

 

She grabbed her stuff and started heading towards the entrance “I shouldn’t have agreed to meet you in the first place, let alone come to your house.”

 

She was still babbling about the foolishness of her decision when she felt a hand grabbing her arm and pulling her to the window.

 

“Here! See those journalists camping there!” Jiyong pointed at the slowly forming crowd beside the house’s door.

 

“AND? Why does it matter to me?”

 

“You can’t leave.” He paused. “Unless you want to be on tomorrow’s newspapers, then be my guest!”

 

Kiko wanted to say something but she was unsure of what, so she kept silent and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. She realized she was stuck here, and there was no running away from it, this day was a complete disaster.

 

“I-I’ll have another beer then.” She finally said while heading back to the sofa.

 

Kiko’s POV

 

FlashBack

“You’re sure that’s what you want to do?”

“Yes Jiyong, I already talked with my lawyer, he’s going to contact you soon”

I faced the window while talking as it was easier for me to break the news to him without looking at him.

 “This marriage is a mistake, we are a mistake, I-I don’t want to stay with you…” I managed to say between two breaths.

He stayed quiet. I almost wanted to turn and check on him when he finally replied.

“You’re right then I don’t have to feel bad about sleeping with Ah Ra two weeks ago.”

“What?” I shouted. “Are you trying to hurt me now?”

He wasn’t looking at me anymore. His expression was very stern and when he replied to me his voice was emotionless.

“It is, I felt bad about it for weeks, and thought we’d be able to work it out but since we are both going our separate ways, I’m coming clean to you.”

He strided towards me and continued “I guess it’s for the best. You were right, we were so young when we married and I had to really restrain myself from cheating on you. Girls at the agency are very hot, no way you could compete with them. Also to be honest, I would’ve been ashamed to introduce you as… well as my wife in front of…”

“Stop it, just stop talking” I shouted as I pushed him away. But it wasn’t enough. Words weren’t enough. I slapped him. As hard as I could. He was surprised of what I have just done. But I wasn’t. I had to. He was looking at me intently, and with each word he said, I felt like my heart broke a little more. I didn’t have a choice but to slap him.

End of Flashback

 

We have been sitting almost in complete silence and I had only alcohol to make time pass, in fact I felt that I was getting drunk. But who can really blame me for drinking so much? I had to make this day go fast and alcohol was the best way to numb my uneasiness, or maybe I was drinking hoping that by the time I got drunk the world would tilt back to its correct axis. The axis where I was living a ‘normal’ life burying my feelings and where Jiyong was just a bittersweet memory.

 

I heard my phone ringing and I staggered over to my bag to get it.

 

“H-Hello?”

 

“Kiko? Where are you?”

 

Eimi’s voice sounded worried so I tried to reassure her the best way I could. “I-I’m out, I won’t be at home tonight so don’t worry about me.”

 

“What? tell me first where you are!”

 

“I’m at a friend, don’t worry, I’ll call tomorrow. Bye!” I hung up and peeked at Jiyong who was staring at me from the sofa.

 

“who was it?” he had a funny look on his face so i could tell he knew i was intoxicated.

 

“Why-y do you c-care?” I said, my words were very slurred.

 

“You’re really drunk, you know that right?” He pointed out, raising an eyebrow at me.

 

“And so what? why does it matter to you? In fact why anything related to me matters to you? Me and you are done!”

 

I heard him sigh heavily, I knew I was being loud and annoying but the alcohol gave me the courage I didn’t have and I was ready to pour out everything I had against him.

 

“You were asking what’s new with me? Well, I’ll tell you!” I leaned on the wall beside me and continued. “I just lost my job after working like an ant there for two years, and just as I thought it would not get any worse I met you!” I laughed quietly.

 

“… And NOW, I’m stuck here with you!”

 

Jiyong gave me a weird look before letting himself smile. He walked towards me and just when he got close enough I saw him smirk. He was enjoying this!

 

“Look, I’m going to save you from further embarassing yourself . you can go to my bedroom and sleep if you want to. It’s that door there.” he whispered as he pointed towards his bedroom’s door.

 

“Fine” I complied. He was probably right, I know that tomorrow I will kick myself for letting my mouth run that crazily.


 

My eyes shot open taking in my new surroundings. I was still in the same clothing I was wearing yesterday, my hair still pulled back into a pony tail only it was beginning to come undone. My eyes searched the room trying to find any signs of life but there was none that I could find. I finally stood up and opened the bedroom’s door.

 

“Hello?” I called out into the spacious living area. “Hello?” I called again only a little louder after not hearing a response.

 

After no one answered me, I knew for certain I was alone. Doing one last search to make sure no one was there, I made my way to the kitchen.

 

I had to get some coffee and get out of here before Jiyong comes back. I started the coffee machine and started looking around for a cup. That was when I noticed a piece of paper on the fridge.

 

Kiko Call this number for your new job. 312-5436 .Jiyong.

 

“I swear one thing after another.” I sighed and took a sip of coffee. I didn’t bother finishing it, I looked out the window to check that the way was clear for me to leave.

 

It was safe.

 

Just when I was about to leave, I stopped and went back towards the kitchen.

 

“I need the money anyway.” I said while taking the piece of paper and putting it in my bag.