I don't mind being with you

Some Things were Meant to Be

I opened the apartment’s door and prayed Eimi was not home. I knew for a fact that she would kick my after the way I hung up on her yesterday when she was only worried about me. 


I tiptoed my way to my bedroom when a voice called behind me.


“I’m here you know, there’s no need to hide.”


“! I’m caught!” I thought while turning slowly to face her. “Eimi, I can explain…”


She was crossing her arms and glaring at me “I hope you can. Where were you?”


That’s it, I’m done! When she will find out where I was, she WILL definitely kill me.


I answered hesitantly “I…was…at…GD.” 


I saw the surprised look on Eimi’s face and all I wanted was to run as fast as I could before the surprise effect wears off.


“What?!” Eimi shouted. “All yesterday night you were at his house?”


I nodded and sat on the sofa. She immediately followed me and sat facing me. She was looking at me with her big round eyes and I knew I had to give her more details…

 



“He wasn’t there when you woke up?” Eimi shouted when I was done.


“No.”


“And what are you going to do now?”


I got up and started heading to the bathroom.


“I don’t know. I wanna get into the shower first…” 


“Wait Kiko! What about the paper you told me about? You’re going to call for the job?”


I shrugged. “I really don’t know. I need a job so bad right now but at what cost?”



At what cost?


I sighed as I started the water, and stepped under the warm spray. It felt so relaxing and I needed that very bad. I closed my eyes as the water trickled down my body and images about last night began flooding my mind. I was remembering the surprise I felt when Jiyong pulled his car next to me, how my heart raced when we stood so close to each other, his appartment, his scent when he pulled me closer to the window to look at the journalists, and the humiliating realization that he noticed I was being drunk. I blushed at that last thought as I stepped out of the shower.


Jiyong’s POV


I looked at the rear view mirror and realized that the journalists cars were still following me. At least Kiko will be able to leave the house when she wakes up. I was planning to head to YG headquarters and spend the day there. Surely, it will keep the journalists away from my house and it will keep me away from any drama.


As I made my way inside the building, I saw Taeyang heading for the elevators too. 


“They are still after you?” he asked glancing behind him at the main entrance that was swarmed by journalists.


I nodded. “At least they’re not near my house. That’s why I came here.”


We followed each other to the practice room where the rest of the boys were already waiting.


“GD! Taeyang!” TOP yelped as soon as we got in. “what did you do when we left the bar last night?”


“I drank until Taeyang had to drive me back home.”


“Some things just don’t change right?” He winked at me.


I nodded in agreement and took off my jacket, I really wasn't in the mood for fooling around. 


“you guys want to decide on the new concept now?”


Seungri clapped his hands and got up “yea! We’re gonna do that here?”


TOP jumped on Seungri’s back “How strong is your back hyung?!” he asked. I rolled my eyes at him, it was a game he started doing where he would jump on someone’s back to test how strong they were, but the guy was huge and he kept on twisting and turning like a kid. 


“let’s go to the meeting room.” I signaled them to follow me while I headed there.


“Piggyride me there hyung!” I heard TOP shouting while running after Seungri who was trying to avoid him.


The sight of them made me smile, they were playing like some 5 year old kids. Even the assistant smiled at them when they passed by her.


“Ms lee, good morning.” I greeted her.


“Good morning, Mr.Kwon.”


I was about to go straight to the meeting room when I remembered the phone number I left for Kiko to call. I ran back to the assistant.


“Ms Lee? Hey again. Anyone called for the job yet?”


It took her a short moment before answering “Uhmm…no not that I know of. Why?”


“Nothing, I was just curious. Thank you.”


Kiko’s POV


I slumped onto the bed, and nuzzled into my pillow just wanting to forget about yesterday, but deep inside, I was itching to call that number. Why was I so nervous about? Eimi was right, I was the one who was still hung up on the past, and meeting Jiyong yesterday only enforced that argument. I was like a little anxiety ball while he was all calm and nonchalant.


If he offered me a job and I don’t accept it even when I really need it, doesn’t that only shows that I still have some lingering feelings towards our past?


I grabbed the piece of paper, took one of the most nervous deep breaths I had taken, and dialed the number.


“Hello?”


“Hi! I’m calling for a job opportunity at your company. My reference told me to call this number.”


“Ah! Yes. I was waiting for your call. Well, my boss is desperate for a stylist and we need you to start as soon as possible. He told me that he already did all the arrangements needed and you only needeed a contract, am I correct?”


“Y-Yes I only need the contract.”


“ Okay then Miss Mizuhara, would you then be able to start…let’s say… tomorrow at 8?”


“Yes of course.”


“I’ll see you then at the YG headquarters, we are on the 6th floor.” The woman said before hanging up.


Flashback
“Miss kiko?” the nurse called in the overcrowded waiting room.


“Y-Yes it’s me.”


“The doctor will see now.” 


She gestured to me to follow her, so I left my bag with Eimi and complied. She led me to what was the exam room, but there was a small desk where the doctor was sitting waiting for me.


“Miss Mizuhara?”


“That’s me” I agreed.


“I have your tests with me. Sit down please.” 


I sat opposite to him with my hands on my lap, waiting for the results.


“Well, let’s take a look at your test results,” he said as he opened what looked like my file. I watched him closely as he read over the paper. His eyebrows furrowed a bit and I felt my heart sinking. 


“I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are not pregnant.” He announced.


I wasn’t pregnant.


He pursed his lips and looked at me, he was not done. “I’m afraid there’s more Miss kiko.” He clasped his hands and leaned forward on his chair.


“What?” I exclaimed.


“I’ve been looking more extensively over your records.” He informed. “Miss Kiko, you are infertile. You can’t have children. I’m truly sorry.”


I battled out the tears and mumbled “I-I see, thank you.” I headed out and found Eimi waiting next to the door. She knew right away that it was bad news.


“You’re not pregnant?” 


“I-I can never have kids.” I said before letting myself cry on her arms.  


I thought I was pregnant and I wanted to confirm it before surprising Jiyong tonight, but now the only thing I wanted was to get away from him and home. I needed to stay away for a while before having to tell him about my infertility.


End of flashback


It was painful for me, I remember I stayed at Eimi’s house for a while after that. I called Jiyong and pretended that I was going to take a trip with my friend. But when I came back home, Jiyong changed, he was always busy. He came drunk almost every night, and we barely spent time with each other anymore. I even suspected that he was cheating on me and my doubts were founded…


“That job he gave me is the least he could do for the pain I suffered.” I thought before setting my alarm and heading to bed.