We Meet Again

Some Things were Meant to Be

“3…8..5 yes,…mmhm I think I got it, thank you sir. One of my colleagues will call you back shortly. Have a good day!”

I hung up the phone, and stretched on my seat. I glanced at the clock. 4 pm. Finally, the day is over. I was bored out of my mind, my hurted from sitting for so long and my ears were just about to explode from answering so many calls. I  grabbed my purse and headed towards the exit when I heard my boss’s voice calling my name.

Please tell me I’m dreaming…

“Miss Kiko!”

No I wasn't! I turned and tried to force a smile. He gestured to me to come in his office which I did obediantly.

He was sitting on his chair and waited until I closed the door, then he cleared his throat before inviting me to sit.

“Miss Kiko, we have been following closely your work the past few weeks, and you have proven yourself to be a very valuable employee.”

His words made me uncomfortable, he was complimenting me, that means bad news. I held my breath, but managed to choke out a response. “Thank you”

He glanced at me as he continued. “Unfortunately, Miss kiko and even if it might come to you as a surprise,we will have to let you go.”

He then went on and on about how the company was facing problems, that they had to let go of some employees, and that I was the most recently hired one. He then assured me that with my skills I would be able to find another job within a very short period and that anyway, I was over qualified for what I was doing right now. To be honest, I didn’t care for the position, I knew I was overqualified but who was hiring stylists these days anyway? As soon as he finished, I exited the offices.

It was raining outside…

Crappy day…

That's just great! Such a great day! First I worked my off, got shouted at by customers and then I get fired!

Seriously I didn’t know this morning that the highlight of my day would be going to the dentist before work…

I looked around me and decided to just keep strolling around, maybe go to the stores area and do some window shopping. I didn’t want to go back home in this state. I tried to clear my mind and think about something nice.

Flashback

“…Happy birthday to you Kiko! Happy birthday to you!” Her friends sang.

Jiyong came behind her holding a cake full of candles.

“…Don’t forget to make a wish!” Jiyong whispered.

“arasso!” giggled Kiko she blowed on the candles and everyone applauded. Eimi came and hugged her friend and wished her happy birthday.

“It’s time for the cake everyone! I’m gonna cut it for you, Kiko and Jiyong you two can go have some time together go! Go!” she ordered guiltily.

Eimi was half smiling, she already knew what was going to happen.

Jiyong didn’t miss the chance, he held Kiko’s hand and led her to the balcony.

“I was really surprised, I didn’t know you’d throw a party” she voiced as soon as they were alone.

“Kiko…I have something to tell you…”

Jiyong’s face was serious, he was looking down “What? Did the agency call you back?” she asked concerned.

“no…” he smiled and glanced at her while holding both of her hands.He continued with a serious expression on his face ”You know how you always tell me that I need a plan if I really want to fulfill my dreams?”

“Y-yes of course, I do..why?”

“Well I thought about it and you are right…”

He added “I want to make a plan. Ten years from tonight, we'll tell our children the story of how I proposed to you...ok?”

He reached for his pocket and handed a ring to her “Kiko? You want to plan with me?”

“yes”she whispered in shock, “yes Jiyong I want to make plans with you!” she added happily while hugging him.

“I love you kiko” he whispered while hugging her back.

End of Flashback

When I finally got back to my senses and deemed that I had to stop my mind from wandering everywhere, I looked around and realized I had walked too far.Great! Now I was too tired to walk home…maybe I should take the bus instead of walking.

While walking towards the bus station at the end of the street, something caught my attention. There was a huge crowd gathering. Some girls jumping and shouting. I couldn't make sense of what they were saying, so I moved closer. 

It must be a celebrity, they are holding their phones and taking pictures, Ok I am curious,now. I made my way through the fans,to get a better look.

A hand suddenly grabbed me from my shoulder and led me further into the middle of the crowd.

" Their fans are so happy to see them on the street, and they are so excited, the women are so happy to see them. Why don't we let the fans ask you questions? Miss what do you want to say to GD and TOP?"

My Heartbeat went crazy, I felt like crying, I couldn't look up.

"No! no! no! this is not happening I have to get out, I have to run..." I thought.

 

Luckily the girl who got chosen with me started talking. I glanced at her and looked around me. If I find a way to run , I swear I will. I'm not staying here. I felt suddenly that someone was staring at me, I looked up. It was him, Ji-Yong, and for a brief moment I swear he looked just as shocked as me but he quickly looked away and started smiling at the fan next to me.

"And you Miss what's your favorite song from BigBang's new album?" the show host asked while looking at me.

"ummm...Haru Haru" I almost whispered. It's the only one I knew anyway.

What kind of luck is this? I don't wanna be here. I looked up again and met Jiyong's eyes,he was staring at me. At least, he looked as shocked as me.

The host switched to the girl beside me, while I just tried to stay calm and not hyperventilate. When they asked us to come back to the crowd. I LITERALLLY ran to the other end of the street.

I didn’t wait for the bus, I just waved to a taxi and climbed inside.

Eimi’s POV

The doorbell rang.

Who would it be? Kiko has the keys and I wasn’t waiting for anyone. I opened the door of the apartment only to find my best friend standing there. She was shaking and sobbing terribly.

I couldn't help hugging her, “Kiko! What happened? Why are you like that?”

“I-I got fired…and...” she managed to say between two sobs.

“Why did they do that? You were doing so great!”

She interrupted me “I am not crying about the job, Eimi...something horrible happened…I-I saw Jiyong…”

I didn’t understand, where did she saw him and how? She seemed to realize my confusion and explained further.

 “I saw him next to me on the street! H-He saw me too…” she started crying again.

I couldn’t believe it. I took her to the sofa. My friend needed me, and I had to hear the full story first. We sat and she started telling me what happened.