Krystal

The Bestriend Love

3 Years later

Jira

The thought of having Kris by my side was one of the reasons why I didn't commit suicide yet. He knows me more than I know myself, he knows I'm in the verge of depression but I never told him about my suicidal thoughts. He thinks I'm one of the strongest people because of the mask I've shown him for the last 4 years or so that we've been together.

 

My parents got divorced when I was 12, a year after I met Kris. It wasn't that big of a change, my dad was never home anyways, but still, it was a big part of my life. I wouldn't have been that sad if my mom cope up with it, but she didn't. Instead of coffee, I now smell the reeking of alcohol everytime I pass her room. I try to talk to her but I stopped trying after I got a piece of glass stuck on my arm. That night, Kris took me to the hospital to get the piece of glass taken out. I was having severe pain in my abdominal area so I asked the doctor what it was and that's how I got a heads up for my monthly friend.

 

Kris became my bestfriend, only friend in that matter. Some "white" people as we call them still pick on me but I've learned to stand up for myself. I wouldn't let them be one of my problems, though the bullying still manages to catch up on my emotions.

 

I've learned alot about Kris after that night when I found out that he wasn't actually gay. Our english lessons continued until after Kris turned twelve, two months before I did. He's the one that corrects my grammar now. 

In seventh grade, the year my parents got dicorced, we had a new student, her name was Jung Soo Jung, but like Kris she liked her english name better which was Krystal. We clicked after we met and I've always been more comfortable around her than Kris over certain "topics". Don't get me wrong, I love Kris as much as I love Krystal but let's face it, Kris is a boy, I'm a girl and there's certain things I can't talk about with Kris but I can with Krystal. Like my monthly friend and other stuff like boys. See, I can't talk to Kris about these kinda stuff. Unless he's gay and we have the same... preference.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

No one's POV

Unlike Jira, Krystal was a much more demure, quiet girl, she only talked when talked to, well, unless it's Jira. She has been hanging out with Jira and Kris since seventh grade and she thought Kris was kinda... cute.They don't talk much, not as much as him and Jira in that matter. They have talked before but it was a simple conversation, not filled with secrets and comfortable talking and such.

 

She didn't know when it started or why but she started to have feelings for Kris. Maybe it was because of his gumy smile which Krystal usually hated but there was just something about Kris. She never thought of confessing yet, but it had to be done sooner or later, that was for sure.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kris

 

"KRISSSSS!!!!!!" I was busily reading my book when I heard someone yell my name. I irritably turned around to see who it was. "Really Jira? Did you really have to yellat me? There's lots of other people here you know? You're annoying enough." I angrily stated. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my arm and then I realized she just hit me. My bestfriend hit me. Not that it wasn't normal or anything, she does it everyday. I just get surprised how much strength she has for that petite body of hers. Tch.

 

"Me and Krystal are hanging out after school, can you drive us?" I glared at her, "First of all, it's more proper to say 'Krystal and I' instead of 'me and Krystal'. Second, No." She grabbed my arm, "Ya! Drive us or else I'll pull your rude tongue out." I surrendered and nodded.