Sick

Diamond Hall

"Taeyeon!! Taeyeon!! sshhuusshh!!"

The dark hair girl continued to shook her head blindly.

Suddenly, she felt a sharp, painful sting on her cheek.

She snapped her eyes open. She felt her pajama shirt sticking to her back because of the amount of sweat. Her breathing was heavy, as if she just ran a marathon. Taeyeon sat up slowly, still trembling from shock. She shook her head rigorously.

~It was a dream, Taeyeon, only a dream…. ~

~Why…? Why am I having these scary dreams?~

"Tae tae…you okay?" a voice interrupted her thoughts.

Taeyeon felt a warm, secure hand on her left one. She slowly turned to her left and widened her eyes in surprise.

Tiffany sat beside her. Tiffany had worried written all over her face. Her eyes looked at Taeyeon’s questioningly, hoping to get answers from her companion.

" Taeyeon?" Tiffany whispered softly, unsure of what to say.

Taeyeon looked at the brunette head. How long has it been since they last saw each other? it seemed like ages.

" Taeyeon, are you OK? Taeyeon -----?!?"

Before Tiffany could finish her question, her roommate abruptly pulled her arm and held her in a firm embrace. At first, Tiffany stiffened and gasped in surprise, but blushed furiously at such warm and intimate form of affection.

"Jesus Christ, ppany !" Taeyeon,  whispered. "Where the hell were you for the past week?"

Tiffany nervously rolled her eyes around. Why was Taeyeon doing this?

"um.…I was at Jessica’s place …"

"Babooo. You should have called." Taeyeon protested

"I---well----"

"You got me so worried”.

"jinjja…?" Is that why Taeyeon was thrashing around and having nightmares? No, it seemed more personal than that. Why was Taeyeon so worried? It wasn’t really her business to be worried. Nobody else in the dorm seemed to mind or question my actions. It was normal for her to jump around and stay over everyone’s place

Suddenly, Tiffany felt guilty. Taeyeon was only worried about her because she cared.

Tiffany could feel Taeyeon still look lost on her mind. She wondered what could have happened to her roommate. Tiffany slipped her arms around Taeyeon’s slim waist and held her tighter. Taeyeon felt her friend embrace her. Without thinking about it, she buried her head on Tiffany’s neck, startling to her. Tiffany, though slightly uncomfortable, didn’t budge. Giving comfort was the least she could do for her for being such a good……friend

Tiffany could smell Taeyeon’s hair.

~How nice…~ she thought.

It was a sweet combination of vanilla and flowery…

‘i feel sick~~’ Taeyeon murmured

‘Just lay down ok, and don’t go to class’ Tiffany caressed Tae’s shoulder.

They were quite for sometimes…just silence roaming them.

"Sorry, Taeyeon. I forgot I have to meet someone at the coffee shop."

"Wha---? Coffee shop? You mean Hoot’s?"

"Gee, there aren’t any other coffee shops around campus, now, are there?" Tiffany grinned.

"You going to see Jessica, aren’t you?" Taeyeon asked.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, I’m gonna see her."

Taeyeon made a face. "I still don’t understand what you see in that girl…"

Tiffany stuck her tongue out. "She’s ok…and she’s not like what people think, and she’s good friend ’

‘good friend? I though it’s your…um..’ Taeyeon carefully picked up the word.

‘girlfriend ? lover?’ Tiffany cut the conversation.

‘Well I wish…it’s complicated…’ Tiffany made fake smile

Taeyeon straighted face.

"Sorry Taeyeon, I’m late to meet her, so she must be pissed off…also I have to come back to class ok~~’

Tiffany wrapped Taeyeon’s blanket around Tae’s. "Have some rest ok, drink medicine. Keep yourself warm and wrapped up. If I come back early, I’ll bring you coffee, alright?"

"Promise I’ll call this time." Tiffany winked before she disappeared out the door.

==

Some minutes later…….

Tiffany tapped her newly painted fingernails on the table.

~Where. Is. She.?!!!~

She checked her wrist watch for the fiftieth time. 9:45 am. Jessica was 45 minutes late! She whipped out her cell phone and dialled again and again.

"Hello. This is Jessica, and I’m unavailable right now, so please leave a message after the---"

Tiffany hung up.

Damn answering machine. She had already left four messages. She was getting more and more fidgety and nervous from anticipation. She really wanted to see Jessica again. She couldn’t believe she is so……in love? She scratched her head. For some odd reason, it didn’t’ sound right. Well, whatever it is, everywhere she went, she wanted to be with her lover.

Yoona, another Diamond Hall residence that happened also the part time waiter at Hoot’s watched confusedly as Tiffany just looked so agitated. Tiffany once again hung up and checked her watch. She sighed.

"Hey, are you going to order or not?"

Tiffany looked up. Yoona was startled to see her slightly shaken.

"Hey, did you hear me?"

Tiffany apparently wasn’t listening. "Ah~ sorry Yoona…pardon?"

"Order?"

‘Um…yes…2 café latte please’ Tiffany faked smile

Yoona wrote down the order while watched Tiffany’s face carefully.

‘Waiting Miss Jessica Jung ?” Suddenly Yoona blurted out the question.

Tiffany’s widened eyes. And before even Tiffany’s could answer, Yoona continued talk…

‘But I think I saw her passed by at the back of Hoot’s 10-15minutes ago”

Tiffany gave long sighed. She didn’t know how to react. Is this joke? Is Yoona lying ? is Jessica lying? What the hell Jess?  Did I do wrong?, Then Tiffany just felt stupid and about to cried.

“sorry Yoona, please cancel my order, I’ll back later ok’ Tiffany stood up and rushed out the coffee shop.

Yoona pouted and scratched the order note on her palm

Ah Jessica~~ here we go again” Yoona talked by herself.

*****

Tiffany ran until she can’t take no more. She leaned against the wall and slumped to the floor, trying to catch her breath. Deep in her heart, she was hurting. She wanted to cry. But what kept her from doing so is speculation.

 ~Yes, speculation. You’re speculating too much, Tiffany! You’re so stupid.~

Tiffany gripped her purse and squeezed her eyes shut. She cried easily and she knew that, but she promised herself not to cry or get head-over-heels over somebody ever again. All her previous lovers weren’t exactly the nicest people. Most of them ended up pretty badly. But she didn’t want to give in.

Am I  desperate? Too naïve? Too optimistic? Too….stupid?

Tiffany pasted a very fake smile then took a few deep breaths. She continued to walk on the sidewalk.

 ~Damn! I forgot my coffee!!~ Tiffany pouted.~ I even forgot to buy Tae Tae one too!~

The thought suddenly worried her. She wondered if Taeyeon was OK.

 

*****

Taeyeon rubbed her eyes wearily. Her head hurt, not only that, but her stomach has been growling uncontrollably. She was just lying down. And where’s Tiffany? Wasn’t she supposed to bring back coffee? Why hasn’t she called? Dammit. She’s probably lost on Jessica’s arms again.

Knock. Knock.

Taeyeon frowned. She didn’t really want visitors at this time but it’s probably Tiffany, unable to open the door because of the amount of shopping bags she’s carrying.

Knock. Knock.

"Coming! Coming!!"

Taeyeon got up and padded over to the door. She swung it open. She was about ready to yell, thinking it was Tiffany at the door. But Taeyeon stopped. Instead of seeing Tiffany’s mischievous grin, she was greeted by a pair of brown eyes.

"Dara?" Taeyeon said in surprise.

To be continued.

--

So sorry for the late update. I got caught up with so many things lately in my life, I haven’t gotta chance to touch my notebook! HAHAHA.

Anyway, thank you for subscribing,and comments. I know I am not perfect, and I am trying to fix every mistake. I am not avid kpop fans, I do love the music. I just really get into the news and updates these recent months, so apologize if some characters in this story are not the same as the real person. Its fanfic anyway :)