Into the New World

Diamond Hall

Taeyeon nervously get out from the taxi, checking everything that no bags or stuff left, She stood in front of this huge dorm building, right beside her new school. She went up the stairs carrying all his bags, which were bursting because of the large amount of "necessities" she decided to take from home.

She was so nervous she almost tripped. She had never lived away from home. Sure, She is naturally independent, but She really did not know what to expect at college. Everyone always told her college is the time when people change, or "grow up." She understood the words they were saying, but did not fully comprehend the true meaning behind them.

Taeyeon also feel so nervous since she felt like she’s the last person who checked in in this dorm. She was late for the dorm enrolment because at first she thought she’ll just easily rent a room near campus, which turned out she out of luck. Living together with someone else is really not her forte.

Taeyeon dropped her bags as she finally reached her dorm room. She stood in front of the door. Room 9. This was going to be her new home from now until she achieves her undergraduate degree.

Taeyeon took a deep breath then knocked on the door.

No answer.

She knocked again.

No answer.

‘Hmm…..should i…just open???’

Taeyeon touched the doorknob and discovered it unlocked.

“…….seriously…Oh well…I do remember well that this is the room number that I got in my Dorm Acceptance Letter, so whateverrrr……’ Taeyeon spoke to herself.

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks. gaped open at the sight before her. In the middle of the small room with piles of paper, hoards of make-up, and stacks of clothing sat a beautiful girl reading a magazine and listening to headphones. Apparently, she didn’t notice that someone else there.

The girl, still unaware, was tapping her pink painted fingernails on the iPod. She was a sight to see. She had light brown brunette hair clipped in a bun, exposing a pale and slender neck. She wore only white plain tshirt and short black pants.

"H-hello?" Taeyeon said uncertainly.

The girl continued tapping and began to sing along.

"Hello? Hello?" Taeyeon tried to no avail. Taeyeon, losing his patience, She grabbed the earphones away.

The girl yelped and practically jumped 10 feet from astonishment.

‘KYAAAAAAAA…..WHO AREEE YOUU’

"HELLOOOO!! I’ve been trying to get your attention since minutes ago!"

‘HOW COME YOU CAN GET IIINNNN’ the other girl screamed.

‘CALM DOWN MISS….c-c-calm down miss, I have my own keys, I’m your new roommate, my name is Tae-Taeyeon.. Kim Taeyeon’

"OH! Sorrryy! Sorrryy !" the girl bowed, a slight flush on her cheeks.

She looked up, then slowly moved her eyes up and down the long black’s hair. Taeyeon shifted nervously. No one has looked at her like that before…..it was as if she was undressing him with her eyes.

The girl giggled.

‘I’m Tiffany Hwang, welcome to Room No.9!” Tiffany suddenly hug Taeyeon, which make Taeyeon eyes widened….

 

‘oh Wow….thank you…’

 

Suddenly, the two girls heard whistling from their still-open door.

"WHOO HOO! Tiffany! whatsssupp " a whistling blonde-head leaning on the door frame said.

Tiffany stuck his tongue out. "Chae, you’re such a peeping tom!"

"." Chae snickered.

Tiffany a threw a pillow at her.

“oucccch’

"I see you got a roommate." Chaerin observed, and winked to the other lady in the room

"Oh yeah." Tiffany a got up excitedly. " Chaerin Lee or CL, this is my new roommate Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon, meet my friend Chaerin."

"Nice to meet you! Just call me CL ." Chaerin greeted. "Say, you girls wanna come to my party tonight? It’s gonna be upstairs in my room."

Upstairs?! Party? In a room? In a dorm? Taeyeon frown.

"You’d better watch out for Chaerin." Tiffany warned. "She’s the Frat Queen. Her goal is to get everyone drunk during her daily parties, and I do mean DAILY parties…"

‘Aigoo…not daily parties…you exaggerating “ CL looked at her watch. "oops. Gotta go. I’ll see you both later!" She waved good bye then disappeared as quickly as he had come.

 

"…I don’t think I can go to that party…"

Tiffany  turned to face Taeyeon. "C’mon! It’s only your first day. You have to meet some people."

"I---"

"Unpack later."

"But---."

"We won’t be late."

"Well---."

"It’s only upstairs." The pretty girl winked. "Now, if you’ll excuse me. I need to go bathroom…’ She swiftly sauntered off to the dorm bathroom before Taeyeon could get another word in.

Taeyeon looked around the tiny dorm. Clothes were strewn everywhere and nailpolish bottles and make-up everywhere…and everything looked pink. Taeyeon let out an exasperated sigh with her head hung low.

Getting used to this was going to take a long time.

A VERY long time….