Poker Time

Diamond Hall

Dear Journal,
 

I have spent a week at college, and so far, I am surviving, amazingly enough. Classes are not that difficult, but there are a lot of busy work. I don’t mind though

My dorm is small, but decent. My roommate is alright, just, well, sometimes annoying…annoyingly gorgeous. Every time I try to do my homework she drags me to one of her insane parties or asks me if she looks alright in one of her new outfits. Feels like almost every night, she stays up till 3 in the morning talking on the phone about useless! Well…ok,I don’t know for sure, i’m trying to not listen, even I know she often call her family in US . What’s worse for me is that every single day I’m starting to adore her. She looks like a goddamn idol, very fair skin, beautiful smile, always has nice hairdo, nice make up and her scent is everywhere, gosh…she just…perfect.


"Hey!!! What are you writing?"

"ACK!" Taeyeon quickly shut her journal and put it away. "Don’t you know the meaning of the word ‘privacy’?"

Tiffany pouted.

“aigooo…here we go again, the princess pout’ Taeyeon rolled her eyes and joke.

"aaaggh ~!" Tiffany hit the other girl with a pillow. Tiffany and throwing pillow is her extra ability.

“Tae-tae…lets go to CL’s  tonight….’ Tiffany asked

‘agaaaainn~~~’ Taeyeon sighed

‘I don’t wanna go alone…..’

‘but you know almost everyone in there’

‘but it’s different without you’

‘but…’

‘no more buttttsssss….c’moonnnn we don’t have test, school boring, and its midweek…come on Kim Taeyeon, don’t be a boring girl…okkk’ Tiffany gave those puppy eyes mode to Taeyeon.

 "Fine." Taeyeon sighed.

 "YAsssss!!" The other girl jumped around the dorm as Taeyeon hung her head low. Why does this always happen?

"But ppany… i, we have to be back by eleven, alright?"

Apparently, her roommate wasn’t listening. "Gyah! I can’t wait for you to meet Minzy, Bom, Hyoyeon and the girls and blah blah blah…"

Taeyeon sighed, tuning out Tiffany’s voice. She had to think positive. Two good things can be derived from her situation. One would be that Tiffany will definitely be too drunk or too tired after the party and sleep. Taeyeon will be able to sleep in silent, since no one calling on the phone till 3am. Second, CL is going to be at the party, so at least she has someone to talk to. CL seems to be a party animal, but is also one of those girls that everyone gets along with, and she and CL have become close friends in the past week.
 

I guess it won’t be too bad….

*****

The music blared with intense remixes from the dorm’s favorite DJ, Hyoyeon . The room was quite big, but there wasn’t really any dancing, but a lot of drinking and socializing going on.

CL’s room is on the top of the building. Not like the common room, that only consist of two people, her room supposed to be for four people, but then well…this is Miss Chaerin Lee, a daughter of one of the prominent rich family in South Korea. She lived her own, nicely decorated, and everything smells expensive.

CL walked around with a big grin on her face. She made a couple of high five’s, waves, and greetings. Everyone in the dorm knew her and everyone got along with her. When it came to social events, CL knew everything, but when she is asked what one plus one is, she would scratch her head, confused.

CL sat down across Sunny. She sat in her most comfortable position and started to listen Sunny’s daily gossip around campus. She sipped her cocktails, thanks to the best bartender in dorm…Sooyoung.

Sunny was starting to talking fast about the girl’s gossip update, CL started to confuse which one is who…which one dating who…CL started to lose the conversation until she saw two girls just come into the room


CL recovered and turned around. "Tiffany! Finally! I thought you weren’t showing up!"

 "Don’t blame me, blame Tae Tae." She pointed to the girl behind her.

 "What?!" Taeyeon snapped. "I wasn’t the one who took an hour to fix eyeliner!"

 "Tisk. Tisk. It hurts to be beautiful!"

Taeyeon ~sweatdrop~~

 

"You’ll get used to her." Sunny whispered to Taeyeon.

Tiffany scanned the crowded room and hallway, searching intently for a particular someone.

" Tiffany who are you looking for?" inquired CL.

"Hmmm… where’s Jessica?"

" Jessica Jung ?!" Sunny cackled as Tiffany glared down at him. "OooOOOo! Hmm….whats going on between you and Jessica? Are you having crush on Jessica?’


"Um, Sunny…" CL informed. "We’ve known that for weeks."

Sunny stopped smiling. ">_
 "You are too busy searching new gossip I guess." Tiffany said.

~Grumble. Grumble!~ "Fine! I need your update later,but now…I want food !" Sunny walked to the kitchen as Tiffany and CL laughed. Taeyeon just….quiet and try to comprehend and connecting the dots.

crush….jessica….weeks…’ Taeyeon spaced out and lost on her mind for seconds. Taeyeon grabbed some can of beer and just sitting in some corner.

Oh well…what did you expect, Taeyeon. Of course beautiful girl like Tiffany~~ of course’.



After some minutes, Taeyeon wandered off and found herself playing cards at a table by the fridge.

And…

POKER TIME~~~

.

.

.

 

"Four aces! I win!" Park Bom grinned as she grabbed all the money from the rest of the almost-broke players.
 

"C’mon, Bom ! let us rookies play!" whined Minzy

"Let’s play another round then kick Park Bom out." Taeyeon said.

"Fine by me." Park Bom smiled. "This game’s getting boring without a challenge."

"Shut up!" Minzy snapped.

"I think this time we should have someone else shuffle." CL suggested, grabbing the deck from the   Minzy . "Taeyeon, wanna shuffle?"

"Um, yeah." Taeyeon while munching potato chips.

  
Taeyeon shuffled quickly then started another game. Goddammit! Taeyeon wanted to win so badly. She dealt the cards then picked up her cards then widened her eyes in amazement. Four kings! DAMN! She looked at the pile of bills lying in the middle of the table. $_$. It was enough to pay for her new books,and her art supplies. Yes, Taeyeon made paintings for hobby. Soon, signs of dollar bills were dancing around Taeyeon’s head. Her cards would give him a definite win.

"OK. Everyone ready?" CL asked.

Everyone nodded then laid their cards down one by one.

 "Two aces. Two sixes." Minzy smiled

"Three threes. One ace." Park Bom smirked

CL sighed because she lose

"Four Queens!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

Taeyeon got up excitedly, unaware that she bumped into someone behind her. "I got four---"

   

"Hey!!! What’s your problem??!!"

Taeyeon turned around and saw a slim dark haired girl behind her. And the girl looked pissed.

"Ouch, I’m sorry." Taeyeon apologized.

"SORRY!?!?!?! ONLY SORRY" the girl snapped. She pointed to her now wet shirt. "Look what you did!! You made me spill my drink all over my new shirt!"

"I- I’m sorry!" Taeyeon bowed
 

"Now how am I supposed to catch babes!? Do you know how expensive is this?!"

Taeyeon looked the girl up and down; then involuntarily smirked. Yeah rite…that’s only plain black shirt d’oh
 

The girl glared. ‘youuu……….$3#@s&8!"

Taeyeon winced.

‘…….YOU ARE SO DEAD…” the girl screamed


Taeyeon glowered. "Are---you---threatening---me??!!"

CL started to stand up and walked toward these two girls. But then stopped.


Taeyeon was losing her patience. Before the girl could lash out another insult, an over-mellifluous voice called out.

"girrllllsss~~~ " Of course. Tiffany.


The pink monster walked over, and she put on one of her most irresistible smiles.

"calm down Jessica~~ ," Tiffany said, voice lowering to seduction level.

EH? Taeyeon widened her eyes.

The dark haired girl loosens her tension and slowly morphed into a sly seductive one. "Hey babe."


Taeyeon blinked her eyes.

"Hmmm…Jess…this is Taeyeon my new roomates, be good please?" Tiffany purred.

Taeyeon stared at Jessica. This’s the girl, Tiffany’s been after?! ~shock~

Taeyeon made a face. Seriously what a …. She took a look at Tiffany, grinning happily like a love-sick school girl; then looked at Jessica, that cocky rich girl smiling. Taeyeon didn’t like it one bit.
====

 

to be continued~

*Edited version...yes...my bad bad english...was too excited i forget the use of 'he' and 'she'...so so sorry