Wish 02. Laughter

Angels of Snow

Sae Mi was all smiles when they got back to the dorm and her happiness was contagious, Sungjong couldn’t help but smile too. He walked ahead as they reached the dorm and told her to stand back so he could announce her to his hyungs first.

He had his hopes up that they would be okay with this, after all, bringing a random girl home was strange especially with their security. He took a deep breath and opened the door to find his hyungs waiting expectantly in the living room.

“Well, that took you long enough.” Woohyun said jokingly as he reached for the snacks in Sungjong’s hands.

“Sorry, ran into an old classmate of mine and we couldn’t stop talking so I lost track of time.” Sungjong said, lying easily. He set the bag down and went back to the door. The others were too distracted by their food to notice as he gestured for Sae Mi to follow after him.

“She came back with me.” He said, leading her inside and the boys fell apart, crumbs falling from their mouths as Sae Mi gave a big wave to them, huge smile on her face. Sungjong could feel the glow radiating off her, her happiness continuing to be contagious.

“Hi, guys.” She said happily. She looked around the room and noticed that there were some missing from what Sungjong had wished for, “Aren’t there more of you?” She asked, craning her neck to see if there were any hidden in rooms.

“You brought a girl back, Sungjong?” Sunggyu said, raising his voice at him. He regained his composure as he stared at Sae Mi. “What were you thinking? How do you know she’s not just here because she wants our things to sell on the internet?"

“I just told you, she’s an old classmate of mine. I know her.” Sungjong said, continuing with the lie. Sae Mi turned to him and gave him a big smile, she had heard him when he said she was his classmate. If it helped her fulfill his wish, then so be it.

“There’s more of you though isn’t there?” She repeated her question again, this time putting on a cute pouty face. She had to convince them to do what she wanted in order to give Sungjong what he wanted.

“Yes, there is.” Woohyun answered, throwing some aegyo right back at her. “They’re busy right now though. They’ll be back in half an hour.” 

“Okay, I’ll wait.” She said, plopping herself down on the floor. She turned to Sungjong and he sat down beside her and then the room was silent. Sunggyu, Hoya and Woohyun stared at her, slowly eating their chips and cookies. 

Sae Mi said nothing but she would smile at Sungjong every so often and he would just return the smile. She simply glowed as they felt her happiness roll off her in waves. They wondered how she could be so peppy and cheerful when there were so many harsh things in life.

They heard the door click and saw that the others were returning, Sae Mi stood up to greet them as they walked in, “Hello, you’re all here!” She said, clapping her hands together. “Perfect.” 

The three other guys stared at her wide-eyed, and looked to Sunggyu who just shrugged and pointed to Sungjong. They looked at Sungjong and he just gave them a smile as well. “Well, let’s get going now.” She said, she went to the door and tossed some jackets to the ones who were eating.

She then grabbed Sungjong’s hand and moved to the back and pushed all of them outside, without protest to Sungjong’s surprise and they were all outside at once. “Okay,” Sae Mi said, “Let’s go to the park!” She announced, pushing through the boys with Sungjong in tow.

She started walking ahead and refused to look back, while Sungjong checked to make sure they were following behind them. Dongwoo moved closer to Sunggyu and pulled back slightly, “Hyung, who is she?” He asked.

“Sungjong’s old classmate.” Sunggyu replied, he didn’t stop walking but rather they just walked at the back of the group.

“Why are we following her?” He asked, pointing at how all of them were uniformly just following her and they had no idea who she was or what she was planning.

“No idea. But it seems like a good idea.” Sunggyu answered, with a shrug and they picked up their pace to keep up with the rest of the group. Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders as well but continued to follow along.

Sae Mi led them to the park that she had seen in Sungjong’s wish and saw that it was covered in freshly laid snow. It was perfect for what he wanted, she turned to him, “Good choice.” She praised, picking up some snow and tossing it behind her.

It landed right on Sungyeol’s head and he glared at Sungjong, “Yah! What are you doing?” He demanded as he threw a snowball right back at them. Sungjong ducked so that it missed and flew to the ground. 

Sungyeol let out a huff and picked up more snow and bunched it together. “Run.” Sae Mi whispered and they ran off just as Sungyeol missed with his snowball yet again.

“Wow, come on, get better aim, Sungyeol.” Hoya said disappointed with Sungyeol’s throw. Sungyeol stuffed snow into Hoya’s face, “You try then.” He said, running off to protect himself. 

Soon, all the members joined in and they hid behind already made forts from the assault of cold that everyone was dishing out. Sae Mi threw another clump and it landed on Myungsoo’s back, he glared at Sungjong and Sae Mi giggled.

“Yah, they keep blaming me!” Sungjong scolded her, as he ducked for cover from Myungsoo.

“That’s the point, silly. Now throw a snowball and laugh.” She said, handing him a pile of snow. He clumped it together before taking aim for the person he wanted. He hid himself quickly when Sungyeol threw a snowball at them before Sungjong swung his arm back and flung it at Sunggyu.

It hit him square in the chest and Sungjong immediately hid for cover before he could retaliate. He felt a fit of giggles come on and he couldn’t stop laughing as their small wall was continuously pelted with snow. 

Sae Mi continued to watch him as he laughed and laughed, the wall getting bigger from all of his hyungs efforts and she threw snowballs every so often to have some sort of offense. But she held her hand out and another snowflake burst before her, leaving a satisfied smile on her face.


Author's Note;;
Here is another update :D
Sungjong wanted a snowball fight lol.