Wish 01. Happiness

Angels of Snow

Sungjong looked taken aback, as he stared wide-eyed at the girl who leaned into him. She smiled widely just fluttering her eyelashes at him and he said nothing. She tilted her head expectantly at him when a pout started to form on her lips. “Hi?” She repeated again.

“Hi.” He managed to get out, still quite frightened by the girl in front of him. He had heard of the sasaengs before and they had never gotten quite this personal with him yet. But he had heard all of the rumors about them.

She frowned again, “What’s wrong?” She asked him, giving him a look of confusion. 

Sungjong managed to gather his composure and he put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back a little bit, “You are way too close in my personal bubble.” He said plainly. “What are you doing here?"

She gave him a big smile and put her arms up, "You made a wish for me, silly. So what now?" She asked him eagerly. "Did you wanna play in the snow? Have a snowball fight? Did you want to eat ice cream together?"

Sungjong just stared at her and she rambled on, listing all the things that she thought he wanted to do, "Wait, what do you mean I wished you here?" He asked her.

She paused and looked at him again, "You made a wish just now and I am here to fulfill it. Anyway, my name is Sae Mi by the way. In case I forgot to tell you." She said, taking his hand and leading him towards the playground.

"What are you doing? I have to go back to the dorm, I have food for my hyungs." He said, lifting up the plastic bag with emphasis.

Sae Mi stopped in her tracks, "Okay, I'll go with you. After all, your first wish was to make you happy so I will do just that." Her singsong voice was started to grate at him and he sighed, how was anyone this peppy?

"You can't come, it's the dorms. They will think you're a sasaeng fan and you won't be allowed in." Sungjong told her, walking away. He kept his back to her as he forced himself to not look back at her. He would feel guilty if he saw her face when he left her. He had no idea what she was talking about and she was bound to be on drugs or something.

He heard light footsteps next to him and saw that the girl was walking in stride beside him, "What are you doing?" He asked, as he continued walking.

"Following you. I already said, I'm here to fulfill your wish." She told him simply. She was very straight forward and adamant about her duty and it made him wonder if she really meant it. She continued to follow him and he sighed again.

"How did I make the wish?" He asked her directly. He looked at her and there she was with her happy-go-lucky smile and they just continued walking as she kept pace.

"You made a snow angel right? And you made a wish while making the snow angel and that's how I'm here now." She answered with a shrug as if it was no big deal to her. "Why did you wish for happiness anyway? Or at least why was your first wish happiness?" She rephrased.

They were already reaching the dorms and Sungjong stopped to stare at her again, how had she known that's what he wanted while making the snow angel anyway? She couldn't have been crazy, if she knew all of this and she firmly believed in it.

“That’s not something I can share.” Sungjong answered, as he recalled the story that his mother had told him when he was little. He would know when a snow angel would come to visit him, but there was no way she was one of them.

“Well then, you need to be happy so let’s go.” She said, taking his hand and skipping ahead, he had to skip along in order to keep up with her. She didn’t look back once they got their momentum and she never stopped even when he protested.

He felt his heart grow lighter as she continued their skipping, he had not been able to do this for a while. He was always worried that someone would see him or judge him, but yet it was as if no one could see them, especially her. If he was seen with a girl, then there would be much uproar. 

A smile crossed his lips as he forgot about the convenience store errand he was on, how the others always made him go outside for them, how he was like their errand boy just because he was the youngest.

He smiled wide as he enjoyed the cool breeze and skipping down the street and the feeling of being so free for once. He had nothing to worry about, not even studying which worried him when he was younger. He squeezed her hand tighter, as they headed downhill and the skips got bigger and more dangerous. It was likely he would fall but then she changed her pace into a slow jog, he changed to keep up with her as well.

He allowed her to lead him to wherever they were going and he was going crazy with the amount of trust he had, but he was the happiest and most relieved he had been in a long time. And he really needed it.

She finally stopped when they got near the river and she smiled at him while she caught her breath. “So, you feeling better yet?” She asked him. 

He regained his composure, “Maybe. But we passed the dorms a long time ago.” He said, narrowing his eyes at her.

Sae Mi had already turned, holding her hands up as a snowflake burst right before their eyes. “Oh. You can pretend that you’re mad, but really I know that you’re not.” She said happily.

Sungjong looked at her, “Oh? How do you know that?” He asked, taking her hand and leading her back up the hill towards the dorms, this time they were walking.

She gave him a cute eye smile, “Because that was your first wish and it’s been fulfilled. So on to your second one.” She sang in her sing-song voice again.

“What is that you really want?” She asked him directly. He frowned slightly as he pondered that thought, something small crossed his mind but it could never happen.

“Ahhh…” She said, “Okay, I can make that happen.” She pulled on his arm lightly, “Hurry up, let’s go back to the dorms."

“Yah. You can’t just say you’ll do things. You can’t force people!” He insisted, but he still walked with her, leading the way back to the dorm.


Author's Note;;
yo yo yo~ first chapter :3
So I decided to make this into a three-shot :o 
so if anyone wants to enjoy the ride please feel free :D