Made for Each Other

Hidden Thoughts

 

There Jiyong was, sitting beside Seungri, together with the rest of the members. It was a rare chance of day-off for all of them, and they decided to spend it on watching a movie at Yongbae's unit. Everyone was focused on the movie, not one bulging. Each of them was deep in their thoughts, trying to figure out the mystery in the psychological-thriller movie they were watching. To Jiyong, this was an opportunity to try out his newly-found ability. 

Jiyong took a deep breath as he focused on clearing his mind. He looked around him, carefully observing each of the person near him. Much to his disappointment, he couldn't hear anything but the T.V.. Maybe they're not thinking of anything since they're all so focused on watching the movie? He thought to himself. He glanced over at Seungri, who looks so serious while his eyes are glued on the screen. Jiyong tried not to be obvious as much as possible and sneakily stared at him---his head directed in front, but his eyes directed at Seungri.

"I-Is he looking at me?"

Jiyong felt as if his heart jumped right out of his chest. He immediately turned his eyes away from him and glued his eyes on the screen. Although he knows he shouldn't be, and that Seungri doesn't know he could hear his thoughts, he felt embarrassed anyway. He looked on the screen, trying his best to pretend he was serious at watching the movie, but at the side of his eye, despite the darkness of the room, he could see Seungri's cheeks, tinted with a faint blush. He was blinking non-stop while gulping, obviously displaying his nervousness and uneasiness.

What the hell? What's he blushing for? 

Feeling awkward, Jiyong stood up to go and grab a drink. He wanted to escape, so he used it as an excuse for himself. He headed towards the kitchen and opened the fridge to get a can of beer. While taking a sip, he peered his eyes through the door that separates the kitchen and the living room, to take a look at Seungri. Much to their further embarrassment and awkwardness, their eyes meets. Seungri was also peering his eyes through the door, trying to take a look at Jiyong.

"!"

Seungri's eyes widened upon realizing he's been caught. His already-blushing face turned even more bright red. He immediately hurried and turned to face the screen, while Jiyong almost choked on his drink. As if the atmosphere between them wasn't unpleasant enough, he also could hear the cries of embarrassment from Seungri's thoughts, making him equally embarrassed. 

What the hell?

Although reluctant, Jiyong managed to keep his composure and decided to go back. He thought that it'd be too weird if he didn't. Upon sitting on the sofa, he could see Seungri all tensed up, sitting like a frozen meat. He sat with his back straight, his hands on his lap and his eyes, occasionally glancing at Jiyong. Normally, Jiyong wouldn't mind if people were stealing glancing from him---he's used to it. But this time, he felt unusually uncomfortable.

"J-Jiyong.."

Once again, Jiyong heard Seungri's thoughts. He could've sworn that no matter how many times he experience it, he won't ever get used to it. Especially now that he feels something strange about it. He couldn't put his fingers on it, but he's sure that there's something going on---something about Seungri and his occasional sneaky-glancing at Jiyong, his nervousness around him, his blushing face, his awkward attitude and him, freaking out in his mind.

Unable to keep up with the atmosphere between them anymore, Jiyong stood up and picked up his jacket.

"Oh. Where are you going?" Yongbae looked up to him.

Jiyong scratched his head, thinking of an excuse to say. "Uh, I got a text from our manager. I need to sleep early coz there'd be a photoshoot tomorrow morning."

Yongbae arched an eyebrow, suspicious of Jiyong's words. "Hmm. I see."

"Goodnight, hyung!" Daesung tapped him on the leg, his eyes still on the screen, not bothering to even look at him.

"See ya," Seunghyun said in a monotonous tone.

Jiyong stretched the sides of his lips, merely smiling. He then turned to face the tensed up man, who still haven't bid his farewell. Upon opening his mouth to speak, he saw Seungri flinch, jumping from his seat. Feeling awkward, Jiyong rubbed the side of his neck while looking at a different direction.

"You okay, Ri? You look kinda.. uncomfortable."

"Huh? Uh, I.." Seungri just stared at him, unable to figure out what to say.

"Well, I'm gonna go now. Goodnight." Jiyong cut him off. He couldn't stand looking at Seungri panic.

Seungri smiled awkwardly, nodding. "Goodnight, hyung."

"Goodnight."

Jiyong smiled like he usually does only when it's him---a gentle and loving one. Not the smile he uses for other members, but only to him. Well, at least it is for Seungri's point of view.

 

 


 

 

"Ah, yes, this is Kwon Jiyong, the one who called yesterday. I want to confirm my appointment with Mr. Lee Sungho," he asked, holding his phone with his right hand, the other, tapping on the desk.

"Oh, Mr. Kwon Jiyong. Yes, he's still available for consultation today. Your appointment with him is at 3 o'clock in the afternoon."

"I see, I see. Thank you," he said before hanging up.

Jiyong took a deep breath as he pocketed his phone. He haven't had a wink of sleep last night. Until dawn, he thought about whether he's really hearing Seungri's thoughts, or just having a mental breakdown from all the stress and the sleepless nights he got from preparing for his new projects. Why did it suddenly happened? He didn't do any of the instructions in that book. And why is it  that it's only Seungri's thoughts he could hear? There's so many questions in his head that has been crawling from his back. And as if those are not enough, Jiyong had also been wondering about one more thing---Seungri's anxiousness towards him.

Was he like that before? He thought to himself. Never, for once, had it occurred to him that Seungri would act like that. There's something about him that Jiyong finds really strange. He never felt uncomfortable around him for the past few years, so why is it now that he feels this way about him? He doesn't know how to exactly describe it, but he was sure that there's something going on.

Not wanting to waste any time, Jiyong immediately got up and went outside his unit. He already called his driver to take him to Mr. Lee Sungho, the psychic he was going to meet. He usually likes to drive his car by himself, since he enjoys it and uses it as a way to practice his driving skills. But today, he was in no condition to do so. There's too many things bugging him to even bother to unimportant stuffs. Too many things keeping him from being his usual calm, laid-back self.

"Take me to this place," he said while showing the driver an address through his phone.

"Of course," the man said as he opens the car door for Jiyong.

Jiyong got on and sat comfortably. He crossed his leg and folded his arms as he looked out through the window. Knowing it was going to be a long drive, Jiyong took out his iPod and headphone. He the 'shuffle' button, but skipped songs anyway. He quietly nodded and sang to the songs he loved the most. Before he knew it, he had been listening to countless songs and didn't notice that they had already arrived to their destination.

"We're here, Mr. Kwon," said his driver while looking at him through the rear-view mirror.

The man repeatedly called out for him, but fails to get his attention. Jiyong's headphone was on maximum volume, thus, he can't hear any word the man says, no matter how loud he shouts to him. Jiyong only became aware when the man reached out for him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Oh, sorry," he said, removing his headphones.

He got off the car, unsure of what to expect. He looked at the building in front of him and took a deep breath.

Your questions will now be answered.

He thought to himself as he entered through the glass door. Upon arrival, a neatly dressed woman approached him.

"You are?" she asked, smiling.

"Oh, I'm Kwon Jiyong. I have an appointment with Mr. Lee Sungho at 3 pm." 

"Ah, yes, Mr. Kwon. You're just in time. Mr. Lee is now available. Follow me."

The woman walked ahead of him and led him to an office with a 'Mr. Lee Sungho' sign hanging on its door. She opened it for him and gestured him to come inside. Jiyong nodded and entered through the door. There a middle-aged man was, wearing a pair of glasses, his hair, neatly combed in an old-fashioned way, greeting him with a welcoming smile.

"Oh, come in," the man said, gesturing to the seat in front of his desk.

Jiyong politely bowed and sat. "Good afternoon. I'm Kwon Jiyong."

"Oh, Mr. Kwon. What is it I can do for you?" he said, positioning his glasses.

Jiyong sat up straight and took a deep breath.

Mr. Lee chuckled. "Come on. Speak up. I'm an expert in this field. I'm certain that I could help you."

Jiyong stared at him and paused for a moment before answering. "Well, you see.. it's been three days since I started hearing things."

"Hmm?" Mr. Lee leaned in forward. "What kind of 'things'?"

Jiyong cleared his throat. "Uh, there was someone who gave me a book about mind-reading. I read it out of curiosity but never really followed its instructions. But then, when I woke up, I could hear voices in my head. I thought I was just imagining things, but then, I keep hearing it. His voice."

"Whose voice?"

"..My friend. Seungri's voice. I could hear his thoughts."

"Hmm.. I see. Only his thoughts? You can't hear other people's?"

"T-That's right. Only his."

"And you said that you haven't done anything from the mind-reading book, right?"

"Yes.. That's right."

"Interesting," he said, positioning his glasses.

"What could be the cause of it?" Jiyong said with a worried look on his eyes.

"You see, there are people whose ESP is higher than others. Extrasensory perception, also known as, 'the sixth sense', are genetical. It could be passed down from your mother, father, grandfather or from your great great grandfather. Since you were born, you had it in you. It's only just now that it was activated. You said that you didn't follow any instructions from the book, but it could be that it was triggered from your sudden awareness about mind-reading. Do you follow?"

Jiyong merely nodded. All the information was just too much for him to just suddenly sink all of it at once in his brain.

"Now, once you activated your ability, there's no way you could turn back to normal. It's there until the day you die."

Jiyong's eyes widened. "W-What? There's no way this could stop?"

"That's right. Unless you get into an accident. An accident that involves hitting your head so hard, that the brain could lose some of its functions. And that includes your sixth sense."

"..I.. I see."

"And the fact that you could hear only one person's thoughts, now that is a rare case."

Jiyong arched an eyebrow. "..a rare case? What does that mean..?"

"You see, usually, when a person starts activating his ability, he could hear almost all the people's thoughts around him. It's chaotic and confusing. But when a person gets used to it and learns how to control it, he could just hear a person's thoughts that he only wishes to hear. No other unnecessary people. And in your case, it's a rare condition. You see, thousands of years ago, our great ancestors believed that each person from this world has a soul mate. That a person was born, only to be with the person destined for him. And once he meets that person, despite his awareness of it, every cell from his body reacts to it. His body knows that that person is his other half. His soul mate."

"Wait." Jiyong stood up. "W-What do you mean 'soul mate'? What does that have to do with mind-reading?"

"Well, like I said, when a person meets his soul mate, his body reacts to it. And if that person has an unawakened sixth sense, it gets triggered, and it would only respond to that one person."

Jiyong froze up. He couldn't find the words to say. He stood there, not knowing how to react. Trying to calm himself down, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Upon opening his eyes, he sat back down and cleared his now chaotic mind.

"..What.. do you mean? That he, Seungri, is my.. soul mate..? That I'm hearing only his thoughts because my body only reacts to him? Is that what you mean?"

Mr. Lee smiled. "Yes, I believe that's the case for you."

 

 

 



Sorry if it took almost a month. I'm not usually this slow-paced when it comes to updating. Well, it's the finals and I need to catch up. 

Anyway, thank you for waiting and supporting this fic!