Only His Thoughts

Hidden Thoughts

 

The cold morning breeze passing through the windows sent shivers throughout Jiyong's whole body. His hands searched for a blanket to pull, but, much to his disappointment, there was no blanket to be pulled. Jiyong sat up, with his eyes half-closed and searched for something to cover himself. He saw his leather jacket lying on the floor, but instead of picking it up, he sat still and stared at it. He looked around him, bewildered. Jiyong scratched his head, forcing himself to remember why he was all dressed-up and sleeping on the couch. Suddenly, the whole room started to spin. He felt an excruciating pain rush up to his head, causing him to bend down. Jiyong held his head, occasionally hitting it, as if it would ease the stinging sensation. Jiyong tried to calm himself down and lied down on his couch. He stared onto the ceiling and tried to think of the reason as to why his body was reacting like that. As if a light switch had from his brain, Jiyong recalled a scene from last night---him and the Big Bang members dancing and drinking to their heart's content. 

"Ah, hangover." 

We got so wasted last night. We partied 'til morning. Daesung even passed out. Seunghyun hyung had to carry him to the van. As for Yongbae, he was pretty calm. He just drank a few shots and danced the whole night. And Seungri.. Right, Seungri. Where was he..? 

Jiyong sat up. "Oh, yeah. Seungri was with that woman."

He let out a sigh. "That brat."

BEEP!

Jiyong flinched upon hearing his phone ring. He looked at the screen and saw Yongbae's name. He immediately unlocked it and answered.

"Oh?" he said in a mundane tone.

Yongbae chuckled. "You just woke up?"

"Obviously."

"Get down here and have breakfast with us."

"Where?"

"XX Cafe."

"Alright. I'll just take a shower and wash off this hangover."

"Okay, be quick."

 


 

"Yah! Over here!" a familiar voice shouted.

Jiyong turned around to where the voice was coming from and saw Yongbae, sitting comfortably on a chair, waving at him. Sitting beside him was Daesung, immersing himself on drinking his cup of latte, not caring to bother to the people around him. Jiyong nodded and walked towards them. As if he was looking for someone, Jiyong squinted his eyes and looked around. 

"Ah, you're looking for Seungri?" Yongbae raised his eyebrow. 

Jiyong nodded. "Yeah, where is he?"

"He texted me and said that he'll be here in a minute." Daesung placed his latte on the table. "He said that he'll just take a quick shower and go down here."

"Ah, I see." Jiyong pulled the chair across Yongbae and sat.

"Here." Yongbae handed him a shot of espresso. "You like this, right?"

Jiyong nodded. "Oh, thanks."

"Isn't this nice? Having breakfast together." Daesung smiled. "If only Seunghyun hyung decides to live in the same building here with us, then we'll be complete."

"But he prefers to live with his family, though," said Yongbae.

Jiyong nodded. "Right. He loves his mom's cookings."

"Last night, I offered him to stay at my unit, since he reeks of alcohol and his mom might get angry at him, but he insisted on going home," said Daesung.

Yongbae chuckled. "He really wants to be close to his family as much as possible."

Jiyong smiled. "Right. He's a very family-oriented man-"

Jiyong stopped speaking as soon as he felt someone sneak up on his back. He turned around and saw Seungri, smiling cheekily at him. Jiyong was about to smile back at him, when he suddenly remembered a scene from last night---Seungri leaving them for a woman. It wasn't truely a big deal for him, but, as the responsible leader he is, he has to show his disapproval of Seungri's behavior, even if it was just for show. He stared at Seungri, with a cold look in his eyes, his face showing a disgruntled expression.

Upon seeing the displeased look on his hyung's face, Seungri's huge grin slowly began to fade. 

"H-Hyung.." he said, backing away from Jiyong.

Jiyong, still glaring at him, didn't utter a single word. He observed carefully as Seungri panics, not having any idea what to say or do.

"..About last night, hyung.." Seungri rubbed the side of his neck. "I didn't do anything to cause trouble.. I just.. I just bought her a drink and chatted with her. That's it.."

Jiyong folded his arms. "Oh," he said in a monotonous tone.

"..Hyung.." Seungri looked on the ground.

Yongbae tried to supress his laughter from seeing the anxious Seungri fidget around. Knowing Jiyong for too long and seeing through his pretense, Yongbae knew very well that his best friend wasn't really mad at the younger man.

"Yah, Seungri." Yongbae gestured the empty seat beside him. "Sit here. Let Jiyong cool his head, first."

Seungri nodded and moved beside Yongbae. He sat in an uptight manner, occasionally glancing at Jiyong, who's seated across him. 

"So, what do you want to have?" Daesung peeked his head towards Seungri. "I bet you're hungry."

"Uh, I.. I'm just gonna have a cup of coffee," said Seungri.

Jiyong raised an eyebrow upon hearing Seungri's response. As the man who has been taking care of them for years, he knew everything there is to know about each of them---including their eating habits. Jiyong knew that Seungri won't settle for only a coffee, and instead, he'll order a heavy meal. 

He let out a sigh and decided to let go of his pride. Seungri's health was his first priority.

"Only coffee? Aren't you hungry?"

Seungri halted, confused at Jiyong's sudden question. He squinted his eyes and carefully observed him.

 

"..What? He's not mad anymore?"

 

Jiyong's eyes widened. He thought for sure that his ears were deceiving him. He heard Seungri's voice, but didn't see his mouth open.

"W-What did you just said?" Jiyong leaned in closer to Seungri.

"Huh? What..?" said Seungri with a puzzled look on his face.

Jiyong paused. Seungri's expession made him even more perplexed.

"What's with you? You're like that since last night. You keeps asking him to repeat what he says," said Yongbae with a worried look on his face.

"Are you okay, hyung?" said Daesung.

"Huh? I don't.. I don't know.." Jiyong rubbed the side of his neck. "I've been really stressed lately.. Maybe that's why."

Upon hearing the word 'stressed', Seungri's nervousness had quickly fade---worry took over his mind. He reached out for Jiyong's hand and stared into his eyes.

"Hyung, are you okay? Please get some rest," he said with pleading eyes.

Jiyong stared at him, not knowing how to react. He was always overwhelmed by Seungri's overly-caring attitude towards him.

"..Yeah, I will." He smiled awkwardly. "Don't worry, this is nothing."

Seungri nodded. He looked as if he was relieved from something heavy burdening his chest.

He smiled. "Okay.."

 

"Thank God."

 

Jiyong squinted his eyes---staggered, once again, from what he just heard.

W-What the? That voice, again.. I'm sure I'm not imagining things.. After hearing it so many times.. 

But, why? ..Don't tell me.. that mind-reading book? ..But, I didn't even try it? What's going on?  This is too bizarre..

And.. why am I hearing only his thoughts? 

Jiyong stood up. "I gotta go."

"Hyung, where are you going?" said Seungri, still holdng onto him.

"I'm.." Jiyong scratched his head. "I'm gonna attend to some things."

Seungri nodded. "I see."

"Aren't you gonna eat first?" said Yongbae.

"No, It's okay."

Jiyong hurriedly left, not glancing back at them. 

 


 

Jiyong tapped his fingers on the desk as he waited for his laptop to open. As soon as the windows opened, he didn't bother to refresh it first---like he usually does---and went ahead and clicked on the search engine. "Mind reading"; he typed into the box. As soon as the page loaded, he browsed the results carefully. But, much to his disappointment, none of it was what he was looking for.

Jiyong then changed his question and typed in a more specific one;

"Hearing a certain person's thoughts"

He clicked enter and saw the results. But, just as he expected, none of it matched to what he typed in.

He let out a sigh. "Patience."

An hour passed, Jiyong has read every article there is about mind reading, but he still didn't get the answer he was looking for.

He slammed his laptop's cover down and stood up. 

"Should I consult someone who specials in this field? A psychic or something?"