Piano Concerto 2, 15:45 Op. 09:00

Four Seasons

Anyang High School of Arts, 3rd of November 2010, 2nd Floor's Comfort Room, 09:00

 

"You don't lovearrow-10x10.png me anymore?"

"I don't."

"B-but why? What did I do wrong?!"

"Nothing."

"How is that nothing?!"

"Forget it."

"It's Do Kyungsoo, isn't it?"

 

Silence.

 

Said boy stood still, pressed every tempting urge to lash out his beast. A pair of dark orbs was widening its sized. They showed no other than bewilderment, dancing painfully beautiful with exhaustment, all type of it. His heart rate quickened. His boiling veins popped transparently along his tough wrist; only two jotted bones complimented his flaming anger. He was about to loose his mind. Bass chords drummed dangerously, accompanied the visible glare towards the shorter male in front of him. His mind troubled even more by the sudden mention of a certain someone. He suddenly just wanted to quickly unchain their rotten attatchment.

The shorter boy cowered under the menacing gaze. His body shook more hazardously, either from fright or from anger. They mixed well inside his stormy mind, never to be battered by any blending instruments. A wave of regret marched into his already sorrowful sonata. He wished he could execute himself rather than struggling in burning hell. He couldn't even proceed any sanity. But there was no otherwise alternative. He had been long enough fed up by the younger's constant dismissal. He was already on stage, he could not go down before finishing the piece.

"You like him, don't you? Huh? Answer me!"

What?!

Black clouds suddenly engulfed him, a total torture to his shinning sunshine. He pulled his unchained hem as it began too hard to breath. He never felt such atmosphere before. Tight, nerve-wrecking, merciless. The giant elf craned his neck slowly towards the smaller's man direction. He had no idea at all to the sudden outburst. He didn't know but his heart was hissing in pain at the sudden black-sheep to the name he dearly hummed even in his sleep. He gulped a dry saliva, his singing parade hid behind decressendo.

"Jesus, Baekhyun! I don't care anymore!"

A hard slam echoed wildly. Baekhyun's shoulders slumped even more and Chanyeol's mind was badly damaged. Jongin's anger radiated through the cold bathroom's walls, though plestering heated horseshoe to whoever leaned on it. He was about to abandon those all when realization hit him. He groaned upmost to the fact that another presence stupidly lingered between him and Baekhyun; not to mention also witnessing the tensed commotion, since the beginning. 

The youngest among them turned his heel. He recognized who owned that extraordinary tall body. He couldn't recall a name, but he was sure he was the guy who assosiated more than enough with that certain someone.

Damn it.

If it was possible, Jongin was fuming maniacally. Everything messed his already ripped sheet.

Chanyeol felt as if he couldn't be trapped even more when Jongin darted his flaming eyes to the back of his head; boring holes to his tremor backbones. He was sure, he was suffocated by his own breath.

"You, whoever you are, heard nothing."

Every syllable was smeared with murderous liquid, covered in dirty blodcloth and silencing knife. Chanyeol couldn't measure how many weight Jongin carried in his venom. He had lost count after second first. He dumbly nodded to the indirect threat, unsure of how to appropriately answer or if Jongin even needed a respond at all. When Jongin dashed out of the hell hole, Chanyeol breathed a thousand relief he didn't know he was holding. How could a human being fuel themselves with overwhelming tension? He even barerly know Jongin to deserve a shuddering phenomena.

But he couldn't stop himself from abruptly stomped on the brake. His partial sane brain shrieked a piercing reminder to what he heard previously. His brain began processing attention to the complexion. His sight was more intense to the smaller male, begging for an explanation.

What is going on?

Instead of words, when Chanyeol caught Baekhyun's brown orbs, many shades of sorrow dimmed endlessly. The petite male behind him was shaking, legs wobbling, hands trembling. Bloodshot cornea and chattering teeth invited broken violin to sing them a requiem.

"Oh God, Baekhyun!"

Out of the blue, Baekhyun collapsed weakly to the floor, sacrifying himself to the harsh tile underneath; distracted the confused boy from those flying quizzes. Two warm palms held him steadily, yet Baekhyun sank further, collided with the bitter reality. Sad sonata slipped their eardrums but fell offtune on Baekhyun's. He soon was breathing in soundless studio. Numbess was spreading across his thumping veins, paralyzing his muscles and eventually his brain. His chest began moving up and down in fast pace before a heartbreaking sob roared to life. His forehead fell onto his folded arms, short legs supported them effortlessly. Salty rain drenched his thin cheeks.

"Baek....hey, you ok-"

Chanyeol stopped mid-air as two slender arms wrapped around his high throat. He was pushed towards the petite male abruptly yet softly. No particular strength was being used. Yet bass drum dubbed several heavy frequences. Baekhyun's breath hitched in messy pitch, leaving Chanyeol another dreading heat; enough to convince him that the fragile boy in front of him might stop breathing. He didn't know but he found himself caressing Baekhyun's side ever so gentle. He found his fingers also tipsy while dancing inbetween tousled strands of wine-indigo hair. He was beyond astonishment that he was loss at words. Never in his life he knew he would touch a very  breakable glass. Even armonica looked a lot stronger than Baekhyun.

"I-I'm not okay! I'm sh-shattered! I'm torn...I...I..."

Incoherent words worsened by everlasting hiccup. Baekhyun broke into more pieces of wasted pearl. His brain refused to print out any senseful words. His body knew nothing than producing waterfall. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know what to do, he didn't know what he did wrong, he didn't know why Jongin fell out of lovearrow-10x10.png, he didn't know anything.

"Baek, calm down. Calm down and tell me everything. Why is Kyungsoo-"

He didn't know why Kyungsoo too.

"I-I should go."

Not yet finished with the crowd of troubles in his mind, Baekhyun released Chanyeol's neck and shot up in frantic pace. He was still dwelling with aching heart, causing nausea and blurry vision. But he was immensely tired. His energy drained drastically with a huge amount of stress streaming all over his veins. His own mind was also attacked by million unanswered fragments. He just wanted to hide behind gold sustains and cried. As quick as possible, he stormed out of the comfort room, ignoring Chanyeol's continuous call after his name.

 

But, Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo, he couldn't miss it.

 

Everything went in adagio.

 

"End this."

Kyungsoo's stern voice didn't consist of uncertainty or fright, let alone a slight affection. It was plain strings of monotonous c-flat; pretty much a tasteless, usual, normal yet direct adress to the core. He didn't even spare a glance at the horrified young man in front of him, whose eyes ing deep into his soul. Only casually stood by the comfort room, leaning his petite body on the concrete wall. On the contrary inside, thousands of yellow blitz spurted all over his throbbing head. It came as fast as light, excrusiating, and it began shaking the fragile sanity inside.

However, Do Kyungsoo's definition of expresionless. Regardless any matter, he would surpress any urge to crease his forehead, presistent on not showing anything.

"Kyungsoo, please."

Jongin should have cringed at his own words. Plead did not exist in his vocabulary for as long as he remembered. He should have broken someone's nose or punched cement wall in this kind of situation. But he was able to refrain his itching hands in every means. He didn't take notice or follow track on how and why things significantly changed to his behavior, but he was certain on the when, and eventually the who.

His speaker-partner stood still, eyes barerly caught color green from the remaining leaves. He sighed contently. Kyungsoo was not oblivious to the tanned boy's state of mind. He could secretly tell how amplitude of new frequences started streaming through Jongin's blood. 

Since then.

That made him exhale deeper. He wished he could exhale more and his lungs would be vacant. He could just leave calmly, inaudibly. But a gentle grip on his chin proved him, he still needed air.

"I need this, we need this."

Kyungsoo's mind protested widly to the unnotified action. A pair of dark eyes sparked million glints of request against dimmed glints. His lazy eyelieds were trying hard to reject those unsuitable hopes. He was trying so hard not to lull into Jongin's ballade and simply forgot everything. Not to mention also giving an agreement nod to Jongin's rhetoric statement. But he still couldn't find the certainty of giving in. It was still scary.

Jongin could somehow sense another rejection would occur from the latter. He anticipated the soft fingers gripped onto his wrist with assertive purpose, accompanied by seemed uninterested eyes. Jongin's insides shriveled to ugly crumples under the lifelessness. It was even angrier than malicious aura. But he couldn't delay anymore recitals. He needed to do it on time or there would be a huge mistake.

"I'm sorry."

Right then, right there.

Without any other unnecessary thoughts, Jongin leaned over ever so quick and claimed Kyungsoo's full lips delicately. Four fingers and one thumb were busy crawling down the pale neck, only to drag it to the back of Kyungsoo's head and pulled him closer. He fell into fond kiss, deepened the heat that was already strong from the interlude, only to keep fluttering sensations, with determination to absorb any consciousness inside of the seriously stunned Do Kyungsoo. 

Plus a gaping Park Chanyeol and a breathless Byun Baekhyun.

A pair of wide eyes witnessed it all. Feeling, touching, considerably also the main role. Two slender sleeves lost its mucles, hung powerlessly as more knots brought him to shivering intertwine. Uncountable daggers of disbelief and disappointment abused his aching inner organs. He could clearly record every scene. It began to torture. His mind couldn't synchronize with any strings over his body; especially the heart. He lost control to every aspect and uninvited emotions were barging rapidly. But Kyungsoo never lost on control; and he despised every bit of epiphany.

 

Everything was immensely frightening.

 

"Do Kyungsoo, Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongin, please gather in main hall right away."

 

All that left was unanswered questions, false interpretations, and moreover an undisclosed background.

 

And also, a twisted destiny.

 

***

 

Seoul Academy of Art, 18th of December 2014, Backyard, 15:45

No one exactly knew how a meditarnian backyard became the silent witness. Neither a giant banyan tree nor freezing wind. No one purposedly darted their eyes to each other and their ears were ringing an unwelcomed bell. No one suggested to hastily move to private spare and stood up in circle, suddenly felt certain that white grass underneath was more appealing than the tensed-faces in front of them.

No, everyone lied. Everyone.

Air thickened; so thick that it was suffocating, choking, sickening. And they left, left them empty lungs. An empty soul. Their minds collided and crashed together. Collapsing powerlessly onto the frozen ground. The voice was sharply heartbreaking. Throbbing pain ed endlessly to their shaking skull and tired impuls. Even wind secretly teased, mocking sarcastically upon their unstable state. It brought tremendous pain and engulfed them in various emotions. Guilt, anger, sorrow, frustration, desperation, and strangely also a contemplation. None of them could cope the overwhelming feelings.

Chanyeol supressed an urge to ruffle his tousled hair. Thin line was drawn sloppily on his lips, made the brownish color disappeared only to be replaced with ugly white. His eyes were searching for something nonexist between pale crack under his shoes. But nothing. Stiff grass only stared back at him without answer. He could feel his body began responding to the uncomfortable atmosphere, indifferently shooting hot bullets to his trembling backbones. His eyes wouldn't stop glistening in agony. 

This began to feel familiar. And scary.

Meanwhile Jongin's jaw hardened. His tough facial feature only sharpened while his dark eyes were shooting daggers to the unguilty soil. He knitted his fingers tightly, knuckles turned white within first pump. He was sure even his numb nails grazed the dead skins on his palms. He resisted every will to grit his aching teeth despite the bubbling anger that he was also trying so hard to ignore. His chest was raising up and down rapidly, obvious presure to the bursting ribs. Episodes of wrath were knitting its thorny wire inside his burning mind. His brain could explode any minute.

 

Then, ten minutes of pregnant pause broke helplessly.

"I....."

"No, Baekhyun, shut up."

Said boy flinched. A real surprised look shamelessly popped up, smearing his tight mimic. His head shot up for a mere second before it sank back to its hole; further even. Anxiety won all battlefield. Baekhyun didn't stop fiddling with his shaking fingers afterwards. Like an arrow just shot his fragile heart. He bit his lower lip, so hard that it tasted like cold iron and stinky betadine. He refused to accept delicate invitation to whimper. It had been a very long time since the massive roar broke his eardrums.Yet it felt like yesterday. Yes, it felt so much like yesterday.

"No , Jongin. Yo-"

"Shut.The..Up!"

Kyungsoo's head craned to his direction this time. Lips began to crack and the pink-blush plump was no longer there. He was as pale as his inner thighs. His forehead creased an unreadable wrinkle; his eyes helped no one to catch the dim he was hiding. Various thoughts bombarded his thumping temple. He could feel waves of stinging pain rushed through his impuls. It's coming back. He pushed himself to remain still. His face was presistent on giving no affection. He was still a true epitome of confusion. His whole presence practically voiced....nothing.

Jongin almost forgot how lifeless Kyungsoo's eyes were. He expected something else, after all this time. But nothing reached the end of his quarter dot. Thus, his ragging venom dropped drastically to the very bottom of his stomach. Scary soundtrack began rambling its frightening symphony. The burried disaster digged out its grave, again. The moment their eyes met, his tongue stopped working.

 

"I did not expect, to see you at all. Not in such short time."

It was not Chanyeol's cue to voice out his mind. Kyungsoo's complicated fixation towards Jongin didn't give access for those words to collide with the air. He snapped indirectly to no particular, but nontheless, it dropped the bomb. In all honesty, Chanyeol's simple speech summed up their distressed thought, that only aimlessly flying around their wall. His gut somehow began arranging a spectacular debut. It would bring him to another episode of reveries. Or the continuation from previous remedy.

Baekhyun, somewhat let out a tiny sigh to Chanyeol's sudden retort. Either relieved or epiphany, he couldn't comprehend the difference.

"I really don't know what to expect....from this."

Those were all Baekhyun managed to say after another twenty seconds of silence. His voice was so tiny and vulnerable; consisted of complexion and pure uncertainty. Again, it collected their puzzled minds in ten words. No one argued to the mesh message. Yet, it made their impuls worked harder than before. Blinding blitz blurted everywhere inside their brain. Black hole absorbed their aching heart forcedfully. His desire to run away had begun climbing to the peak of his cerebrum. He refused to advert his sight to another direction. That direction scared him; old movie started rolling back right in front of his vision. He immediately took back his previous self-chants.

It was not a good sign.

The whole situation was not a good sign. But that was the only thing Kyungsoo knew. He hated not having clues to finish a case. He hated not having words to close a resolution. He hated not being able to compose a perfect lullaby without them knew how he truly experienced it. Kyungsoo was sure those dark eyes would no longer haunt, at the same time, caress his soul by the time being. He was sure he would never loose his balance anymore. Yet he did. One unexpected moment reoccured and he was stuck in uncertainty.

 

"Do Kyungsoo, Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongin, please gather in main hall right away."

 

Silence.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin had broken their agonizing stare-battle by the time Baekhyun slipped his forefinger and thumb. Chanyeol closed his veined-eyelids for a mere second before it opened back only with similar glint. Their shoulders slumped back in chorus. Their blood turned cold.

 

 

Like the seasons of all, they repeated.

 

***

 


Author's Note :

OH HAI! I will write complete note later (because this is double update, FEEL THE LOVE!)

Anyway, I recommend you this song while reading this chapter. It's a chinese song, soundtrack of a famous soap opera long long looong time ago (the title is Romance In The Rain, if I'm not wrong). It kinda represents confusion, regret, and wonder of why should they meet a certain person and blablabla. JUST LISTEN or I will kill you.

Yan Yu Meng Meng : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18eScJgtfAc&index=6&list=PL66D0DDA0A8C34F

Hope you enjoyed it! See you on next chapter! Anyeong~

J<3