Swim Captain

Tattoos and Smirks

2 weeks later Kris struggled with his backpack as he made his way through the crowded quad and towards the dining hall. He’d promised his best friend that he’d meet him and his boyfriend for lunch and he knew better than to keep them waiting.

Looking for Suho’s bright red hair in the crowded hall Kris caught sight of bleach blonde instead. There sat Tao with a smirk on his face surrounded by a group of people who appeared to be wearing letterman jackets, contrasting deeply with Tao’s fashionably ripped tank top and jeans. With the easygoing look in his eyes Tao seemed at home and was talking rather enthusiastically, the tail of his dragon tattoo moving with each word he spoke.

Forcing himself to look away from the muscled arms Kris ran his fingers through his newly dyed brown hair and caught sight of Suho and Lay tucked into a corner table near the windows.

With one last glance at Tao, who seemed not to have noticed him, Kris made his way over to the couple and sat down with a sigh, flinging his backpack into the empty seat next to him.

‘Sup man’ Suho asked as he ran circles down Lay’s back, ‘any reason why you’re still staring at Tao? You haven’t talked to him in weeks, shouldn’t you be over the little crush you have on the captain of the swim team?’

Choking on his water Kris wheezed out a surprised ‘what’ and gave his friend a quizzical look while trying to calm his beating heart and red face.

With Suho laughing too hard to answer Lay grinned and helped his boyfriend out. ‘Yea, he’s the captain of the swim team, has been for almost two years. You didn’t know that?’ Lay questioned as he passed Kris napkins to clean up his mess and patted Suho on the back since he had started choking as well.

Shaking his head in a silent no Kris looked over to where more students had crowded around the star swimmer and watched as he stretched his arms moving up and around causing his shirt to lift and Kris to catch sight of another rather large tattoo spanning over the lower half of Tao’s stomach. Staring obliviously Kris didn’t noticed Suho and Lay give each other knowing looks.

‘I can talk to him for you if you want me to and if it’ll get you to stop looking at him like he’s a piece of meat!’ Suho said while snapping his fingers in front of Kris’ face to get his attention. ‘He’s in my art class and I could switch seats with someone to sit next to him. Want me to?’

Before Kris could respond he heard a loud laugh coming from the direction of the table that Tao was sitting at. Looking over he caught sight of a laughing Sehun who he knew from watching the school’s basketball games. The brown haired younger boy had his arm thrown around a smirking Tao and was grinning at whatever he had just said.

Feeling a slight pinch of jealousy Kris turned to Suho. ‘It wouldn’t matter. Tao is obviously super popular and there’s no way I could compete with Sehun, he’s on the basketball team.’ With a defeated sigh Kris picked up his backpack and headed towards his dorm, not in the mood to watch the two boys any longer than he had to.

Suho and Lay watched Kris as he sulked out of the hall. ‘You’re still going to do it right!’ Lay questioned with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

‘Of course!’ Suho replied, ‘what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t.’