First Encounters

Tattoos and Smirks

 

Nothing was worse than an 8am class on a Monday morning  where attendance counted as more than half his grade. Kris, happy that he lived on campus and didn't have to walk far so early in the morning, made his way to the back of the classroom and plopped into an empty chair. Pulling out his headphones and plugging them into his phone he settled down to wait for the professor to start her lecture. 

Hearing feet shuffle  Kris turned to watch as a tall boy tucked himsellf into the desk next to him. Looking out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of bleach blonde hair and intense black eyes. With his interest peaked he let his eyes trail down to a prominent nose and bow lips stopping only when he reached the boys neck. 

What looked like a dragons tail started on the left side of the boys neck and wrapped around disappearing under his collar and re-emerging on his left arm, the head of the dragon reaching the middle of his hand. Chinese script flowed alongside the dragon and Kris struggled to try and read it while not looking like a creeper.

Not realizing just how long he had stared Kris blinked when he heard a slight cough. Looking up he realized that the intense black eyes now rested on him. Feeling his face heat up he whispered a quick apology and gave the boy one last glance catching the smirk that was thrown his way. Not knowing what else to say he sighed in relief when the professor finally started class.

Listening for his own name during role call Kris felt his heart jump when the boy next to him raised his hand and whispered a slight 'here' that could barely be heard. The professor, wanting to be sure that it was him, repeated the name a second time. Tao, so that's what the tattood boys name was.