4: A failed mission

I can do it too!

“H-hi Kris.” I started still feeling embarrassed at what I was wearing.

 

The costume was black. It had a mask which has cat's ears on it and the sort of underwear also had a black cat's tail. My belly, my legs, arms and shoulders were not covered. It was sort of too y for me. Honestly, it didn't go well on me. But as idiot I am, I believed Hyuna's words and wore it anyway. And now, I'm totally regretting it.

 

“Yeah...” Kris said before passing by and stand in front of the door. “Hyuna, can you open the door for us?”

 

I sort of looked down, kind of deceived. I was sort of hoping he would say something nice to me like 'Hey, it's okay. You're cute.' But nooo. I'm lame. I sighed.

 

“No way! I'm not gonna break my nails for this dirty door!” Hyuna yelled.

 

CL slapped the back of her head. “Idiot, we're in a mission right now. Be more serious!” CL scolded Hyuna.

 

“Aish.~ Fine.” Hyuna replied while rubbing the back of her head before walking toward the door. And Kris went toward Doojoon to whisper him some stuff I couldn't hear.

 

Cling.

 

“There. It's open now,” Hyuna checked her nail. “But, one of you will have to pay my manicures.” She finished.

 

I chuckled at how snob Hyuna was. Without noticing almost everyone entered the building except me.

 

“Let's go kitty.” I heard Kris called me kitty. I was frozen.

 

Kris sighed and grabbed my wrist and took me inside.

 

 

~

 

 

A girl was walking behind them, still blushing since she heard her leader called her kitty. The guy in front of her slowed down until he was next to her. He poked the girl's cheek. “They're warm and red.~” He teased.

 

“Yah, Baro!” you frowned while pushing his arm softly. He couldn't help but to laugh at your behavior. Then a sort-of-mad-woman told them to concentrate.

 

All of you were checking rooms, going almost everywhere possible. Until Doojoon found something suspicious. He pushed a bookcase and found a secret door. “Guys, look! A door was hiding behind this bookcase.”

 

Everyone walked toward Doojoon and looked at the door. Kris nodded to congratulate him for finding this. Kris slowly opened the door and looked down. Behind the door, there is a huge hole. Nothing else. Now Kris was thinking if he should risk it or not. Should they jump or not? What if it was a trap. He decides to throw something in the hole, a penny. They didn't hear anything.

 

“Whew.~ The person who dug this hole is a maniac!” Baro exclaimed. Only earning a small slap on his arm by CL.

 

You smiled as you were watching CL and Baro. It seems like CL really like to slap people or even torture them. You let out a low chuckle only earning too a slap from her on your arm.

 

“So, what should we do?” Doojoon asked.

 

“We'll jump.” Kris replied.

 

“But how about our new member? Ji Sukjin told us to take care of her.” Doojoon said.

 

“Don't worry Doojoon, we'll protect her. You forgot that you are talking to Kris. And we all know that Kris is the strongest among the spies.” CL joined their discussion of you.

 

All you did was nodding. Then something came in your mind. “Wait. Kris is the strongest!?” You were surprised. Then why was CL training you? He could train you personally. They all nodded at your question.

 

“Anyway, let's go.” Kris said before jumping in the hole first. Followed by CL, then Doojoon.

 

And as soon as Baro wanted to jump, he pressed the button to switch the light off/on. “Oops!~” Baro said and lights were turn on as he was jumping. “DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF THE LIIIIIGHTS!!!” Baro yelled hoping you and Hyuna would hear him.

 

Hyuna rolled her eyes and turned off the lights. “Let's go.” You nodded and went behind Hyuna. She jumped first and then you jumped.

 

 

~

 

 

“It's been 10 minutes now. They're not jumping?” Doojoon said while scratching his nose while he was thinking. “What if they got caught!?” He then panicked.

 

CL slapped his back and frowned. “Don't say stupid things. Even if someone saw them, Baro is still with them.”

 

“Who's still with who?”

 

They all turn around and see Baro.

 

“Wait. You didn't come from here?” CL pointed at the hole on the wall.

 

“Oh, you guys came from this hole?” He then checked it.

 

“If you're here alone… Where's Hyuna and Mimi?” Kris suddenly asked, a bit in a worrying tone.

 

“Don't… Tell me they're alone, together!?” CL said almost yelling.

 

 

~

 

 

Hyuna wrapped herself with her arms. “Where are the others?… This place is really scary...” She was obviously scary and I didn't know what to do because I'm also feeling scared of this place. For some weird reason, it seems like we weren't able to join the others. I'd like to call them with my phone, but we get no signals here. Hyuna was now holding onto my arm. “Don't walk too fast, okay?” She asked me and I nodded. Even though I was the youngest, I had to take care of her. She was really scared so I had to play the leader for her.

 

We went almost everywhere and we were still couldn't find them. “Is that light?...” Hyuna asked while pointing at a door where we could see some lights. “Let's go check.” I told her and we started walking toward that door. There was a window on the door, so I secretly peek through it.

 

That blue haired boy was here! He was with another person, but I couldn't see the face of the person since all I saw was his back. His hair was familiar to me. Then the blue haired boy moved his eyes to my direction and smiled. His mouth was moving and the guy in front of him stood up and left to another door. I wasn't able to see who it was. Then the blue haired boy came toward us and opened the door.

 

I was frozen. Really scared. Hyuna was still behind me, she was shivering.

 

“A catwoman and an angel.” The blue haired man said.

 

Then I just remember of my costume. I couldn't stop blushing and mentally punched myself. This mission is not so cool because of me.

 

“Young-youngmin!” Hyuna suddenly had a bit of courage. “We-we will arrest you and-and the other guy earlier!”

 

“It's Youngwon.” The blue haired guy chuckled.

 

Okay, we're really not professionals.

 

Suddenly Youngwon took a knife from his pocket. My eyes were bigger at the sight of this. Hyuna covered her ears with her hands and closed her eyes tight. Then at my surprise, Youngwon did a small cut on the tip of his finger. Then I heard someone fell. I turn around and saw Hyuna. I was shocked, Hyuna fainted. Now it was me versus this creepy but cute guy.

 

Youngwon laughed. “Don't tell me you know nothing about your partners? You're a spy, you should know their weakness.” He smirked before getting closer and closer to me. I slowly backed until I fell on my because of Hyuna's legs. Still looking at Youngwon.

 

This is dangerous. My heart started to beat faster and faster. We really needed them right now. We needed him. I needed him.

 

As Youngwon was about to stab me, a flying knife went through Youngwon's wrist. “.” He said before running away and locked the door behind him. I looked behind me and it was him running toward me. Tears started to form on my eyes.

 

“Are you both okay?” He asked me.

 

I shook my head from left to right. “Kr-Kris.” I tried to say his name before I burst into crying.

 

“I knew it this would happen, you guys can't fight at all.” He sighed before patting my head.

 

We stayed at this place 10 minutes before we finally saw CL, Baro and Doojoon coming toward us. A small smile appeared on my face.

 

As soon as they saw a fainted Hyuna on the floor, CL sighed. “Pabo woman.” She took Hyuna like the last time. In bridal style.

 

CL was like a mother actually, always had to take care of us. She even slap us when she thinks that we are stupid.

 

I stood up. Even though I stopped crying 5 minutes ago, they saw my puffy eyes but didn't say anything about it.

 

“We'll find a way to leave here and then we'll let you guys rest. The 4 of us will continue this mission, so don't worry from now on.”

 

“N-no.” Hyuna weakly said. “I'll… continue, we are team...” CL frowned at Hyuna. She really wanted to slap her but Hyuna was already weak enough.

 

Then everyone looked at me. Waiting for my response I guess.

 

“I-I'll do too.” I told them.

 

They nodded and continued to walk. Hyuna was still in CL's arms. Baro and Doojoon was behind us, making sure no one was following us and sometimes making jokes to themselves.

 

I looked in front of me, Kris was frowning at every doors we passed by.

 

 

~

 

 

Ji Sukjin was shopping around in the gangnam and suddenly he saw a blue haired boy running away. “Did they fail their mission?” He frowned and sighed. “We lost this little boy again. Aish. I should give this mission to Hodong's team.” He went back to his home and took his phone.

 

 

~

 

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

“Huh?” Baro checked his phone. “We got signals!” He screamed in joy before his smile fade away.

 

“What's wrong?” Doojoon asked before checking his phone. “Oh...”

 

Kris, CL and you looked at them.

 

“We failed our mission, it was given to Hodong's team...” Baro said with a sad tone.

 

Kris frowned. And CL looked at him. She knows how he was feeling right now. CL and Kris were bestfriends even before they became spies.

 

“Let's get out of here from now on...” Kris said.

 

You all followed Kris. You couldn't stop worrying. Because it was the first time you saw him like that. As if he was sad and mad at the same time. And you really wanted to help him. Then you wondered why were you always thinking of him. You always wanted him to be near you. Were you in love? You shook your head left to right. It's impossible you just met him and barely talked to him. You're not even sure if you can call him a friend…

 

Then you remember something. Youngwon told you about not knowing your teammate's weakness. You stopped walking, watching them walking in front of you. The ones behind you were now in front you. “What's their weakness?...” You mumbled.

 

They all stopped and turn around to look at you.

 

“What's wrong?” Doojoon asked you.

 

You then reassured them with a smile and shook your head. “Nothing.” You start walking toward them.

 

 

~

 

 

As soon as I'm in my room, I jump on my bed. It was now 4:36AM. What a tired night. I close my eyes a few minutes then open them. “Should I ask them?… Or look for them like Doojoon did?” I ruffled my hair. “Ah, I don't know! This is too tiresome!” I close my eyes again and wait for dreamland to open their doors for me.