1: First Day of Work

I can do it too!

Driiing, driiing, driiing!

 

As lazy as I am in the morning, I still searched for button to turn off the alarm. I should open my eyes and turn it off like a pro but oh well I'm just that tired.

 

I barely slept last night. Since I received a text from Leic Company. They told me that I just got accepted as a new spy. Spy? I know it sounds stupid and childish but I had good reason to be one. My parents left me when I was young. When I turned 16 years old, I did some research on them and I found out that they were spies and might still be spies. Well, I hope they're still spies so I can find them more easily.

 

I finally found the button to turn this alarm off and also opened both of my eyes slowly and checked the hour. 6:30AM. A small smile appeared on my face. My first day of work. I finally get up from my bed and walk toward my bathroom. I took off my clothes and took a warm shower. It's my first day, so I have to look nice and clean, right? Anyway, after I'm done showering I dry my hair and apply some makeups. But not huge makeups until I can't see the real me! Just a bit to look nice.

 

I walk toward my kitchen and while I look for some food. I noticed that I barely have a toast. “Aish, should have went shopping yesterday before I get home.” and I found an apple. Well, I'll be healthy from now on I guess. I took the apple and look at the hour. 7:48AM. Oh my God! I will be late!

 

I start running. Being late at the first day of work is a taboo! I should have woke up earlier! And now I'll be late!

 

 

~

 

 

“Why are you only 5? Weren't you supposed to be 6 with your new member?” a man smirked as he knew that the guy next to him was getting irritated. “Why are you not replying? Aish, this young man.~” then the man looked at the girl behind the guy next to him. “Yah! CL, you really should join my team instead of this team of losers.” the man started laughing.

 

“I heard Girl's Generation were associated with a dangerous gang. What's their name again? Ah, yes! The red Dragons.” CL coldly replied to the man. The man was stunned at CL's statement. It was impossible for him. He was a sone since their debut. How can they be associated with such a gang of losers!? And also, they are angels. Not demons. Suddenly the man remembered something.

 

“Wait. You're lying!” The man frowned toward CL. “We just arrested them two days ago, all their members. Even their allies.” CL couldn't stop laughing and the guy in front of CL was obviously smirked at how slow this man was.

 

The door suddenly opened to a new girl. “Sorry! I'm late!” She said as she was panting. Everyone in the room stared at her. She slightly blushed at the sudden attention. “You're here finally!” She turned around to see no one else than the CEO of Leic. He did his weird yet funny smile again. “Oh, sir Ji Sukjin!” The new girl kept bowing toward Sukjin. “I'm sorry for being late!” Sukjin started laughing. “Oh, you don't have to be sorry! Most of these guys and girls are nice!” He pointed with his hand to the group of people that are still watching both you. “Anyway, can you stand with these 5 people here.” He then changed the direction of his hand toward the 5 peoples that includes CL.

The man next to the guy suddenly started laughing. “Wait! This little girl is the new member of team K? This team is getting funnier and funnier!” Everyone in the room started laughing except the team K and you. “Yah! Little girl, do you want some candies? Or ice creams?” He laughed until his stomach hurts and wiped a tear away.

 

 

~

 

 

I don't like that man. He seems to make fun of people a lot. Well it seems like I'll be in a team. Team K? I take a look at my team. The guy in front must be the leader. He's really handsome but also look scary. The girl behind him is… Is she a thug? Anyway, she looks so strong and fierce. Oh that boy! He's so cute! I want to pinch his cheeks.~ He must be the youngest of our team. Without noticing I smiled while looking at him.

 

“You can call him Baro.” The woman who looks like a thug said as she saw I was looking at the little cute boy. I stared down to hide my embarrassment. She suddenly said her name, I think. “CL.” And then she nodded toward the guy in front of her. “Kris, our leader.” She then fixed me. “Your code name is Mini. And the two other members are flirting.” She again pointed some people with a nod. One guy was surrounded by girls. He looked like a troublemaker or something. The kind of guy who doesn't give a about others and play with girl's heart. The other girl was just so stunning. With her high heels, her short and tight red dress. She looked so y and beautiful at the same time. So many boys were trying to get her attention but all she did was smiling or smirking. Then I looked at CL again. “What did you say about my code name? Mini?” She nodded.

 

“Hi Mini!” A friendly voice said behind me so I turned around to see that the guy who was surrounded by a ton of girls was now standing in front of me with a charming smile. “H-hi.” I tried to reply but my voice was trembling and I didn't know why. He chuckled. “Don't worry, I won't bite!” He winked before continuing. “Anyway, you can call me Doojoon!” I bowed to him since I couldn't really talk right now. “And mine's Hyuna.~” I looked behind me to see the girl from earlier. Her smile was so perfect. I sort of smiled because now I know all their names. I'm just a bit sad that the leader still haven't paid attention to me and all I can see was his back.

 

“Okay kids,” Sukjin ahjussi clapped his hands to get our attentions “I'll start now to welcome the new spies.” Everyone clapped their hands as he spoke. “As everyone know already. We lost three members on a mission last year. Let's spend a few minutes to think of them before we start.”

 

I look around and see that everyone closed their eyes, heads down. I wonder who they were. I suddenly felt a hand slapped the back of my head and I checked to see who it was: CL. She frowned and told me to stop starring at people. I said sorry and did like everyone else. After a few minutes, Ji Sukjin finally spoke.

 

“I will now welcome our new members,” Sukjin took a list from a man who brought it to him. He adjusted his glasses and started reading the list. “Park Shinhye,” everyone clapped at her name and I can see who it was. She kept bowing and smiling toward people. “Kang Minhyuk,” people clapped again and Minhyuk only bowed without showing any emotions. “Sam Carter,” that name… Sam Carter from Lunafly!? I look around to see where people were looking as they clapped. OH MY GOD! It's really Sam Carter from Lunafly! What should I do!? Should I tell him hi later!? “Kang Minhae,” as I was fangirling everyone were now staring at me weirdly. No claps. I gulped and saw that Sam was watching me and smirked. Oh god, now everyone will know that I'm a weird fan of him. Pabo me! Suddenly someone clapped. I look at the only person who clapped. The leader of my team. And now my team were clapping and I couldn't stop blushing and smiling. “And finally Lee Hongki, the famous spy who appeared six times in the Spoiled Spies Magazine!” Everyone clapped their hands and Lee Hongki smiled at people while waving his hand to thank them.

 

“That's our Hongki!” the man next to our team's leader said with a smirk. “He's not a loser like some people.” the man checked Hyuna, Baro and I. Wait? Are we considered like losers here? Why? I still haven't done any missions yet! I couldn't stop frowning at him. Then Hongki suddenly walked toward that man. “Hi captain.” He smiled to the man. “Hongki, look at these funny people,” the man pointed at us. “this one is obviously a sasaeng fan of the new Sam Carter from the team H.” the man laughed. Lee Hongki smiled at the man's laugh. “Sir Hodong, let's respect that girl. She's still a newbie around here.” Lee Hongki bowed at me. I also bowed too. It seems like he's not really a new spy but a new in this company.

 

“Now that we welcomed our new members, I'd like that all the team leaders who got a new members help them around here. Show them around here, everyone have a nice day!” Sukjin walked toward the door to leave. Then I saw everyone talking to their new members. Other teams that didn't get a new members just left.

 

My team was fixing me. All their arms crossed and serious face except one. I still only see his back. “So what are we gonna do with you?” Doojoon said. “Mascot?” Baro said with a childish tone. I was a bit scared of these people but I have to get along with them since we are a team. “I'm not a mascot,” I pouted a bit. “And I'll work really hard if you give me a chance.”

 

“You look really weak.” They all turn around as the leader spoke and I looked at him as he was turning around to face me. “You will need to train and the best person to train you here is CL.” CL nodded. “And since you're now a spy, you will need a second job. A sort of secret one.” All the members of my team were now curious of this 'second job' and got closer to get a better hear of it. “Be a student.”

 

My eyes opened widely. Did I just heard right? How is that a job? And also I'm done with school. Sort of. “I know a school not too far from this building, it's called Sindong Elementary School.” My eyes became wider. “E-elementary!? I'm not a kid! I'm 21 years old!” and suddenly all eyes went to me. Even other teams heard me. “What!? You're so small!” Baro suddenly patted my head. Some people were laughing and some were shocked at my age. “Well it means you are now the maknae!” Doojoon pinched my cheeks badly. “It huuurts.~” I said to him. Our leader, Kris was still staring at me with a shocked face and he then shakes his head left to right. “You still can become a student. You can go to the same school with Doojoon and Baro.” Doojoon and Baro nodded, both smiling at the new of me going to the same school as them. “You will like this school!” Baro said cheerfully. So I'm not the only one who has a second job as a student…

 

“If you ever need to find one of us or if you're in trouble, we already have your number. So we'll text you later so you can save our number too.” Kris said before walking toward the door. That's all? No welcome? “Wait!” I tried to reach him before he leaves. He faced me. “Mhm?”

 

“Humm, well… Since I'm new… Don't you have to welcome me?” I shrugged and chewed my bottom lip. I might sounded stupid or clingy but I believe that I deserve a welcome from the leader. “Welcome.” And he left. Just like that. I sighed, I was deceived I guess. “Don't worry, he's like that most of the times!” Hyuna patted my shoulder and then left too. I looked all of them leaving the room now. I check behind me and see all the other teams getting along with their new members. They were smiling and laughing. I sighed and left the room too.

 

 

~

 

 

As the rest of the day passed, I got Hyuna's number, Doojoon's number and Baro's number. I was still waiting for CL's number and Kris' number. The light suddenly turned green for the people who walk. I get to the other side of the street and suddenly heard a beep from my phone. I check who it was. It's CL's number. Finally! Only Kris' number left now. I continue to walk until I get to the grocery. I enter and bow my head at the cashier with a smile. “I'm back Jiyeon.”

 

“Oh, unnie! Welcome back.~” she smiled at me with a huge smile on her face while tilting her head on the side. She was so cute when she smiles like that. “How was your day unnie?” I nodded “It was good,” and pointed toward the food “I'm going to shop now.” I went toward all the alleys possible with a shopping cart. I took everything that I can cook with without forgetting the drinks and went back to Jiyeon. “Jiyeon-sshi, I'm done shopping.” She stood up from her seat and her eyes widen. “Did you forget shopping for a few days again!?” She told me and I couldn't stop laughing. “Yah! I totally forgot because I was stressed.” I told her. “Unnie was stressed? How come?”

 

Obviously, I cannot tell her that I was stressed to know if I got accepted to a spy company. So I told her something that is not really a lie. “I finally got accepted to a University.” I smiled at her feeling a bit guilty for the sort of lie. Then her smile went bigger and bigger. “Congratulation unnie!” she left the cash register to hug me tight.

 

After paying and talking with Jiyeon about some stuffs that happened to me, without telling her about the spy thing, I finally left to my small home this time.

 

 

~

 

 

Beep.

 

3:42AM. Who the hell texts at this hour… I check my phone. A small smile appeared on my face before I fell asleep again.

 

Hey, here's my number.