One Fine Day

Hallyu's Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who wants strawberry?”

 

The two little boys sitting between their parents began clapping their hands and moved their bodies towards her direction. Their eyes widened when their eomma showed them a piece of strawberry.

 

“Mama mama mama” Ji Hoo and Ji Hoon both called for their eomma’s attention and pointed their hands to themselves.

 

Min Ho and Shin Hye smiled to the reaction of their little boys. They look so cute especially when they eat. Whenever they eat, they do it like the world will ran out of food. They both like to eat; especially fruits. They love it and would always like to have it any time of the day.

 

Min Ho took a strawberry from a huge plate and popped it into Ji Hoo’s mouth whereas Shin Hye popped one inside Ji Hoon’s.

 

“Is it delicious Ji Hoon-ah?” Ji Hoon showed his eomma a lovely smile and bobbed his head.

 

“Ji Hoo-ah … is it delicious?” Ji Hoo turned to his appa and also bobbed his head.

 

Both parents gazed at their kids lovingly. It was a very beautiful sunny morning. The lake glistened as the sun shone brightly in the clear blue sky. The sound of the birds chirping was music to their ears. The fresh air and breathtaking view in front of them calmed their hearts. They were now in their Jeju lakefront estate. Min Ho bought it after his last drama. He figured, taking Shin Hye and their twins in a new environment would help Shin Hye’s fast recovery in her postpartum depression. The lakefront estate property is very close to nature. It is designed by a renowned architect and is a 5 acre private property. The house is 10,800 sq. feet and has 8 bedrooms: (master bedroom, twins’ nursery room, twins’ playroom, theatre room, guest room, caretaker’s room, and 2 more extra rooms). It also has a jogging/biking path, children’s playground, a heated pool, garden, boat house, and a dock. Shin Hye really enjoyed doing outdoor activities and fishing so he surprised her by buying the house for them.

 

Shin Hye loved it so much. She was very thankful to Min Ho. His efforts in trying to make it up to her and their twins made her so much happy. In a short span of time after he ended his last drama, they built so many memories together with their twins. From time to time, they do outdoor activities with them. They go to the playground, or go for a walk along the jogging path, or like what they are doing now; having a picnic. If the weather is bad, they just stay inside their home and just watch Pororo in the theatre room or play with them in the playroom.

 

The twins are now 10 months old and can already do so many things. Back then, all they can do basically were just eat and sleep. But now, they can already crawl, stand (with support for Ji Hoo), and talk. Ji Hoo said his first word when he was 8 months old while Ji Hoon said his first word “papa” when he was 9 months old. At that time, they were trying to put the twins to sleep. Shin Hye was carrying Ji Hoo while Min Ho carried Ji Hoon. Min Ho hummed a song to make Ji Hoon sleep but the little guy didn’t look sleepy at all. He just stared at his appa’s face and reached out to touch him. Min Ho began kissing his hands causing Ji Hoon to burst out in giggles.

 

“Ji Hoon-ah, you have to sleep now. It’s already past your bed time”. Min Ho leaned down and kissed Ji Hoon’s plump cheek. When his head rose up and looked at Ji Hoon, the cute little boy just gurgled at his appa and gave him a wide smile that displayed his dimples.

 

Shin Hye already placed Ji Hoo on his crib and kissed him good night before going to her husband who can’t seem to put their son to sleep.

 

“Aigoo.. Our Ji Hoon is still awake”. Little Ji Hoon moved his head, recognizing the voice of his eomma. He tried to find where her eomma is when all of a sudden, he saw his eomma popped out behind his appa’s back.

 

“Eomma is here”. Shin Hye’s eyes were wide. She made a cute expression with both of her hands raised mid-high, trying to surprise Ji Hoon.

 

Ji Hoon let out another chortling laugh and began moving restlessly in his appa’s arms. “Our Ji Hoon really doesn’t want to sleep yeobo eotteoke?” Min Ho turned his head to his wife and did an expression puppies make if you take the bone away from them.

 

Shin Hye laughed and went to Ji Hoon’s side. “Ji Hoon-ah, sleep now our little angel” She gently her son’s face and continued “Look at appa, he’s tired now.. you must sleep so appa can sleep”.

 

As if he understood what his eomma said, Ji Hoon glanced at his appa’s face. He moved up his hands, rubbed it against Min Ho’s face and looked at him into his eyes.

 

“Pa….pa”

 

Min Ho and Shin Hye’s eyes both widened after hearing Ji Hoon’s first word. They’ve waited for him to say his first word since Ji Hoo started talking. And after 5 weeks, it finally happened. They were overjoyed and shed tears as they took turns in raining Ji Hoon’s face sweet kisses. They told him to say it again and he did, earning him a round of praises from his parents. The quiet night was replaced by endless laughter and cheers.

 

 

==========

 

 

As for walking, Ji Hoon was the first one who successfully did his first baby steps. It was last week inside their playroom. Ji Hoo was asleep inside the nursery room while Ji Hoon is together with his appa and eomma playing inside the playroom. Min Ho and Shin Hye were talking to each other about the preparations for the twins’ first birthday when they saw Ji Hoon stood up with the help of the little table. Shin Hye quickly went to Ji Hoon’s side so that she can watch him closely. Although the flooring of the twins’ playroom is entirely covered with foam play mats, Shin Hye and Min Ho always made sure that whenever the twins are playing inside the playroom, one of them must be there since the twins can now stand and walk on their own while holding onto the edges of the playpen. They are worried that the twins might fall down and hit their heads when they try to stand or walk so they try to avoid it by always being there with them whenever they play.

 

Ji Hoon faced his eomma. “Ma…ma..” He tried to take a step to go to Shin Hye but failed. He was scared to remove his hands on the table so Shin Hye moved closer to him.

 

“Ji Hoon-ah.. Do you want to walk with eomma?”

 

Ji Hoon nodded at his eomma. “Ma…ma”.

 

“Yes yes baby.. eomma’s here” Shin Hye stood up and held his two hands. He guided him in walking and made their way towards Min Ho.

 

“Ji Hoon-ah come to appa..Ji Hoon-ah…” Min Ho said as he held his arms out to Ji Hoon.

 

Ji Hoon started walking fast. When he got to his appa, he gave him a big hug. “Chamna, our baby is really sweet”. Min Ho kissed Ji Hoon’s cheeks and Ji Hoon did the same to him. He opened his mouth full of drool and gave him a wet, sloppy kiss.

 

“Ya Ji Hoon-ah, where’s eomma’s hug and kiss? You only hugged and kissed appa.. you didn’t do it to eomma”. Shin Hye tried to fake a hurt tone and also showed her pouty face to Ji Hoon. The sweet little boy noticed his eomma’s sad expression and straight away called for her attention.

 

“Mama mama mama”

 

Min Ho supported Ji Hoon as he prepares to walk towards his eomma. However instead of holding Ji Hoon’s hands to help him walk, Min Ho held Ji Hoon’s stomach. “Ji Hoon-ah let’s try to walk to eomma without appa holding your hands”.

 

“Yeobo, do you think Ji Hoon can do it? He might fall” Shin Hye asked in a worried tone. She’s not sure if their son is now ready to walk without support.

 

“Don’t worry Yeobo. I’m here to catch him if he falls down” Min Ho assured her and added “Let’s just make him try”.

 

“Arasseo” Shin Hye nodded and moved two steps backward.

 

“Ji Hoon-ah, appa will remove his hands from your stomach okay?” Min Ho tried to explain first to their son what he’s going to do so that Ji Hoon won’t get scared or shocked. “When appa gets rid of his hands, you try to walk towards eomma”. Min Ho looked into Ji Hoon’s eyes and said “arasseo Ji Hoon-ah?”.

 

Ji Hoon seemed to really know what his appa was talking about because he nodded his head as if agreeing to what Min Ho told him. Seeing Ji Hoon like this made his parents so proud. They don’t want to brag but in their eyes, Ji Hoon appeared to be a genius. Of course all parents think that their kids are geniuses. Min Ho and Shin Hye’s parents just laughed at them when they said that they believe Ji Hoon’s a whiz kid. They even said to them that they are planning to let him take the MENSA test in the future to prove it. Mensa is the largest and oldest high IQ society in the world. It is only open to people who score 98th percentile or higher on a standardized, supervised IQ test --talk about being exclusive.

 

Shin Won just rolled his eyes and laughed mockingly at his sister talking non stop about her “genius” son, thinking to himself that he was once like them – shouting to the world that his son Woo Jin is genius and gifted but turns out he wasn’t. – HA HA.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter