In Sickness And In Health

Hallyu's Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tears continued to pour from her eyes as she walked as quietly as she can towards the door. As she reached the door’s handle, she turned around and looked at them once again as more tears blurred her vision. She brought her hand inside her shirt and pulled out the heart-pendant necklace Min Ho gave to her during the twins’ baek-il. She opened the pendant and looked at the 2 little pictures inside it. On its’ left side is little Ji Hoo and on its’ right is Ji Hoon. She smiled as she remembered how Min Ho gave it to her.

 

It was a very busy day in the Lee’s household. Both Min Ho and Shin Hye’s family were there to celebrate the 100 days of Ji Hoo and Ji Hoon’s birth. For the twins’ baek-il, there must be rice cakes, wine, and red and black bean cakes sweetened with sugar or honey. In Korea, it is a tradition to celebrate a child’s 100 days of birth. During the past, Korean babies did not make it past their 100 days of birth due to poor healthcare, climate, and living conditions. So for parents whose babies reached their 100 days of birth, it is a time to be celebrated and to be thankful and honor samshin halmoni for taking good care of the infant and the mother during this difficult period of their lives.

 

Shin Hye woke up very early to prepare for everything. Min Ho was in Jeju at that time shooting an advertisement. He was supposed to be back last night but his flight got delayed, so his manager booked him the next flight to Seoul. He called Shin Hye last night to inform her that his flight got delayed. He promised her to be in Seoul as soon as he can for the twins’ baek-il.

 

Her mother and mother-in-law also arrived in their house very early to help her prepare for the party. Min Ho suggested to just order everything that they needed for the twins’ baek-il. Shin Hye agreed; but for the steamed rice cakes, she said she wanted to be the one who’ll prepare it.  

 

“What? You want it to prepare all by yourself?” Min Ho sat up straight in their bed and looked at her with his left eyebrow raised and a doubtful look in his eyes.

 

“Yes I will. I want to, yeobo. The rice cakes will be given to 200 people for our babies to have very long lives. It is very important and I personally want to be the one who’ll make it.” Shin Hye leaned closer to Min Ho and gave him a hug. She lifted her head up and looked at him into his eyes and added “Please, yeobo. Don’t worry. I’ll ask Eomma and Eommeoni’s help. I just want to be the one who’ll prepare it. I think it’s my responsibility as their mother.”

 

Shin Hye can sense that Min Ho will not give in to her request. You really don’t want to give me permission to do it huh? Oh you asked for it. Shin Hye got ready for one of the best acts of her life. She bent her head down a bit and pouted. Her bottom lip trembled and slowly, she lifted her head up and looked at him once again, giving him her puppy dog eyes.

 

Min Ho groaned. “Not again! You know I’m a er for those eyes”. Min Ho moved his head from left to right, trying to refuse her request. “It won’t work this time. You can’t. I won’t allow you.”

 

Trying to think of another way to make him say yes, Shin Hye thought of another one. If the puppy eyes didn’t work, I’m sure this one will.

 

As if she was on the set, and the director said action, Shin Hye’s eyes went from a puppy dog eyes to a seductive one. Shin Hye moved closer to Min Ho’s left ear and whispered. “Oppa…”

 

She heard his sharp intake of breath. Assa! Now you’re in my trap. Shin Hye gently bit his earlobe and moved to his neck, caressing it with her lips.

 

Her warm lips and hot breath sent shivers through his spine. Shin Hye felt his body tensed, making her smile with satisfaction. She continued with her torture. “Oppa… please let me do it…” Shin Hye ran the tip of her tongue along his throat and trailed a teasing fingertip down his chest stopping at his growing .

 

Min Ho already called all the saints that he can think of and thought of all the weird things to distract him from this very naughty wife of his but he failed. He can feel his manhood hardening and can feel his control wavering. Min Ho let out a moan and Shin Hye knew she got him.

 

“Ugh” Min Ho let out a groan of defeat; he suddenly pushed her back against the bed, looking at her with an intense gaze. Shin Hye let out a seductive smile and raised her arms, encircling his neck. “So.. Oppa.. Did I get your approval?”.

 

Min Ho let out a light chuckle, and kissed this sweet and seductive enchantress that has him wrapped around her cute little fingers.

 

 

==========

 

 

Shin Hye, her mother, and mother-in-law are in the kitchen preparing the steamed rice cakes while her appa and father-in-law are in the nursery room, looking after the twins. It’s almost 12 noon and they still need to make 100 more. Min Ho is still not home so Shin Hye decided to call him.

 

“Eomma, Eommeoni.. I’ll just go to the living room and call oppa.. I’ll ask him if he’s in Seoul already or still in Jeju”.

 

“Arasseo, tell him to hurry”. Shin Hye’s mother-in-law said.

 

“Ne, eommeoni”.

 

Shin Hye took her phone and went into the living room. She dialed his number and waited for it to ring.

 

“Yeobo, I’m almost there. Hyung and I just went to the shops that we placed an order to get the food since we’ll be passing them anyway. They are all in here yeobo”. Min Ho looked at his watch and said “We’ll be there in 10 minutes”.

 

“Arasseo, yeobo. Be careful on your way home. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, yeobo”. Min Ho hung up and reached for the small box inside his pocket. He opened it and smiled at it lovingly. I’m sure, she’ll love this.

 

 

==========

 

 

Everything is now set. After Min Ho arrived, He began to place the red bean cakes at the four compass points within their home. He also set the table with the food that they ordered such as black bean cakes, baekseogi (for longevity), susupo-tteok (for protection), injeolmi (for patience), and songpyeon (for thought). Min Ho’s noona, Jun Kyung arrived an hour later. She also helped with the party preparations, specifically, the decorations.

 

Min Ho and Shin Hye’s house have a very large formal dining room. They only use it when they have guests. They usually eat in the kitchen or by the balcony. They were supposed to hold the party in the garden but they decided to just do it inside their home because of the changing weather.

 

Only their families and a few relatives were invited in their twins’ baek-il. They decided to just invite their friends in the twins’ first birthday.

 

After they finished preparing the food, Shin Hye went inside the master’s bedroom to change her clothes.  Her Eomma and mother-in-law offered to change Ji Hoo and Ji Hoon’s clothes for her. Shin Hye was already done changing her clothes and was fixing her hair when Min Ho went inside their room.

 

Shin Hye smiled at her husband’s image through the mirror. “Uwaahh yeobo… You look very cute in that traditional outfit of yours. It really brings out your aegyo without even trying”.

 

Min Ho smiled back at her compliment and walked towards her. He hugged her from behind and kissed her soft neck. “I love you”.

 

Shin Hye felt butterflies in her stomach. She turned around and gently pulled his head closer to her, giving him a long and passionate kiss. Pulling away from him, she said “I love you too, oppa”.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter