Dark Days

Hallyu's Royal Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing by the window, Shin Hye stared at the sky. Random thoughts swirled inside her head. Thoughts that can’t be told to someone else for fear that they might misunderstand. Feeling so alone, she tried to ease the pain she’s feeling in her heart by clutching her chest. Tears began streaming down her face. She feels so alone. No one to talk to. No one who understands her. No one who cares about her. She felt unloved.

 

She isn’t supposed to feel this way. She’s blessed with a perfect husband and two adorable babies – what more could she ask for? What is there to complain?

 

The sound of raindrops falling from the sky rang in her ears, interrupting countless of thoughts that kept pushing inside her mind. She wanted to feel it. She wanted to feel the coldness that it brings.

 

Having the urge to feel the rain, she went outside in the garden. She stood there without an umbrella or a jacket to protect her from the cold. Surprisingly, she felt nothing. She was expecting to feel cold but she just felt numb.

 

The tears that streamed down from her eyes were now mixed with the raindrops that fell from the sky. She stood there for what felt like an eternity when she suddenly felt two strong arms hugging her tightly from behind bringing her back to reality.

 

“Shin Hye-ah!” Min Ho turned her around to face him and cupped her face. He just got back from a CF photo shoot and went straight home after it finished. His heartbeat raced at the sight of his wife, Shin Hye, outside in the rain without an umbrella or a raincoat to keep her from getting sick. She just stood there like a person who has never heard of a rain before. Marveling how it feels like, not even caring about the repercussions of her actions. Without thinking twice, he immediately went outside to get her. He did not even thought of getting an umbrella to shield both of them from the rain and just went outside to get his wife.

 

“Are you okay? Why are you here outside?” Min Ho gently caressed her face and looked into her eyes.

 

Shin Hye did not answer him but just stared at her husband’s face. Heaving a deep sigh, Min Ho just wrapped his right arm around her leading her inside their house.

 

 

==========

 

 

“Shin Hye-ah, why are you not touching your food? Are you not hungry?” Shin Hye’s mom looked at her daughter worriedly. She noticed for the past few weeks, Shin Hye has been eating less and less. Sometimes, she doesn’t eat at all like today. She visibly lost a lot of weight. Even though she had just given birth to twins 6 months ago, her body is almost back from its’ original shape. It’s amazing to some but worrying in the eyes of her family. It’s obvious she doesn’t eat much, judging by the amount of untouched food inside the containers that her mother stacked inside the refrigerator.

 

Her mom sighed. She is very concerned about her daughter. She has never seen her like his before. There is definitely something bothering her for her to be acting like this.

 

“Eomma, I’ll just eat later. I really don’t have an appetite for food right now. I’ll just go to the nursery room and check the twins”. Shin Hye made a move to stand up but was stopped by her mother. She reached for her daughter’s hand and held it tightly. She looked into her eyes, anxiousness clearly written all over her face.

 

“Shin Hye-ah, I’m worried about you. Do you have any problems right now?”. Shin Hye’s body tensed at her mother’s question. She tried to hide her nervousness and slightly smiled hoping to mask her true feelings. She doesn’t want her mother to worry about her. She doesn’t want her to know what she’s going through because she might not understand what she’s feeling right now. She may judge her as an unfit mother. She doesn’t want her babies to be taken away from her. She’ll just endure what she’s feeling and try to get better.

 

“I’m okay Eomma. I’m just not hungry at all. I promise I’ll eat later”. Shin Hye gave her mom an assuring smile hoping to ease her worries.

 

Knowing her daughter, no matter how much she tries to make her open up to her, if she really doesn’t want to, she wouldn’t. She’ll tell it to her if she feels that it's the right time. Feeling like there’s no other option, her mother leaned forward to her and gave her a hug. “Always remember eomma is here for you. If you’re going through something and you can’t take it anymore just tell Eomma and I’ll be here for you. Don’t carry it all alone, you have us – your family”.

 

Shin Hye tried so hard to stop the tears from her eyes that were threatening to fall. She just hugged her mother tightly and basked in the warmth of her embrace hoping that all will be okay.

 

 

==========

 

 

“Ji Hoo-ah go to sleep, my baby”. Shin Hye carried Ji Hoo in her arms and swayed back and forth trying to get her son to sleep. Min Ho was doing the same with Ji Hoon. The twins were surprisingly not cranky today which lighten up her mood a bit. They did not cry a lot and just smiled and played with their father all day long. It’s a weekend today, and Min Ho was home. He doesn’t have any work commitment until Monday so he’s free to bond with them for the whole weekend.  

 

After putting them to sleep, Min Ho and Shin Hye went inside their room to prepare for bed. Feeling ignored by his wife, Min Ho moved closer to Shin Hye and hugged her from behind. Shin Hye flinched at the contact. She tried to remove his arm but he’s too strong for her.

 

“Yeobo…” Min Ho whispered suggestively inside her ear. He then kissed the back of her earlobe and bit the sensitive part of her ear. Shin Hye used to like this feeling. She used to love Min Ho doing this to her. But now, instead of feeling lust, she felt hatred. She hates what Min Ho’s doing to her. She can’t think of a rational explanation to what she is feeling but it’s just how she feels. She doesn’t want to be touch by her husband. She doesn’t want to make love to him. The thought of their bodies joining together as one made her sick and she wanted to cry. She just wants him to leave her alone.

 

Shin Hye forcibly removed his arm from her and tried to stand up. Min Ho was taken aback by her reaction and felt confused.

 

“Yeobo, what’s wrong?”

 

Shin Hye can’t think of what to say to him. Should she tell him that she doesn’t want to be touch by him? Should she tell him that she doesn’t want to make love to him? Should she tell him that she wants to be alone and just the thought of having him inside her is sickening? She wouldn’t. She couldn’t. Even though she has these sorts of feelings towards her husband, she still doesn’t want to hurt him. With nothing better to say, Shin Hye ran to their bathroom and locked the door. Quietly, she leaned her back against the door and slowly slid down to the floor crying her eyes out.

 

 

==========

 

 

It was a very noisy Monday afternoon at the Lee’s household.  Min Ho went back to work and Shin Hye is left with their two sons alone. Their mothers couldn’t accompany her today because they have something important to do so it’s just her and their twins.

 

“Ji Hoo-ah, Ji Hoon-ah please stop crying. What do you want Eomma to do?” Shin Hye is at her edge when she can’t seem to make her twins stop crying. She tried everything! She sang to them, tried to play with them, checked their diapers if they pee or pooped, feed them, everything! She has done everything and she’s really losing her patience.

 

She carried Ji Hoon in her arms and tried to stop him from crying but it didn’t work. Feeling hopeless and miserable, she can’t help but cry too. One crying baby is frustrating enough, and two crying babies at the same time will drive you crazy. She really doesn’t know what to do. She reached for her phone and dialed her sister-in-law’s number.

 

 

==========

 

 

Jun Kyung arrived at Shin Hye and Min Ho’s home 20 minutes after the distressed call. She was so worried when she heard Shin Hye’s voice crying and begging her to come to their home through the phone. Add to that, she also heard the twins crying and it made her very nerv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter