IV. Niceties

Monsters: The Thunderstorm

Hana walked off, leaving her unfinished dishes behind, she was no longer hungry after that conversation with Taeyeon left her with no appetite. It also left her with what she could only call a taste of disgust in , whatever that woman had planned. She would not be following suit.

Not to mention, she didn’t much care for that particular prince that Taeyeon was so greatly advocating for. He wasn’t necessarily bad looking but his ideals were far too similar to Taeyeon’s. 

And he liked to push them onto other people, something Hana did not agree with nor condone in the slightest. But Hana knew she was pretty enough to capture his attention as well, he only liked girls that looked good.

She listened to the sounds of her footsteps in the Great Hall, she was light on her feet but her shoes still made a soft click against the floor. It was not long before another set of footsteps could be heard along with hers.

She was not expecting anyone, but she knew who it would be. The only choice really, after all, speak of the Devil and he shall appear. The neighboring Prince of Ilya, Siwon himself.

Not to mention, she had a feeling that Taeyeon invited him over which was why she interrupted her meal to begin with. "Hello, Princess." He greeted her politely. 

She turned to him and all of her social etiquette training. "Hello, Prince Siwon. It's rather late, what brings you here?" She asked nicely.

Siwon shrugged his shoulders, "I just wanted to see you." He said nonchalantly. He slowed his pace to hers and they continued down the hallway together.

Hana always knew Siwon had a thing for her, back before the storm, he would always want to be the first guy to dance with her. She reserved that dance for Hyunseung oppa, of course. 

So he always cut it as soon as they stopped dancing, it was rather annoying really. All the other suitors understood she cherished her brother in a way, no suitor could really compete with.

“Do you need a room to stay in? There are some guest rooms, you have come awfully late.” She said, she had to offer, it would be rude and improper etiquette if she didn’t. But she really hoped he wouldn’t take her up on it, after all, she was rather enjoying her breakfasts alone.

Or at least, breakfasts without him there.

“No, no. That would overstaying my welcome, I’m sure. Plus I have princely duties to attend to in the morning in Ilya. It would be best if I got going.” Siwon said, stopping in his tracks.

Hana stopped immediately, following him. Despite it all, she still knew how to behave as if she were in a royal party or court, even. Nothing diminished from her learning and etiquette, though no one really visited Rosea anymore, due to the unfortunate situation.

“Would you like to have some tea then before you leave? I’ve already had my dinner, but you’re welcome to a drink with me.” Hana said, offering politely. Again, she really had no intention of being overly kind to him, or trying to give him the wrong idea. But it would be counterproductive to ignore his proposal and not treat him well.

Siwon had a big smile on his face, “Sure, if you were so inclined.” He answered just as politely, but Hana could tell he was practically jumping out of his shoes. They walked back into the dining room and Bom unni had already started preparing some tea.

Hana took a seat first as Siwon pulled out her chair for her and he sat across from her. She refused to let her emotions show on her face, but that disappointed her. That was not something she would want her future husband to do.

If she was to sit with him, she would rather he sat beside her. They could hold hands that way, or she could lean on his shoulder as well. It was more comfortable to her, it was something her brother always told her she should expect.

“Here you are, princess.” Bom unni said, taking her out of reverie and placing a cup of tea in front of her. Bom did the same for Siwon and she gave a small bow before leaving the room. As soon as Bom left, Siwon grinned at Hana.

She smiled politely back at him, reaching for her cup and taking a small sip of tea. “How's Ilya?” Hana asked, setting her cup on its saucer quietly.

Siwon smiled, “The same, sunny, prosperous.” He answered, “Have you given any thought to my proposal?” He asked, getting straight to the point.

Hana grimaced inwardly, this was the reason why Taeyeon had sent him, to put more pressure on her. “I still haven't come to a decision yet.” She said sincerely. For the sake of her people, she could make the difficult decision of picking Ilya as their safe haven, if evacuation was necessary. But she didn't like Siwon, he was too prideful, too arrogant. 

Siwon frowned at that, setting his own tea cup down, “Princess, I hope you know I won't wait for you forever.” He said sternly. 

Hana nodded, “I know, but I really want my father to have a say in my future and I don't want to make a decision without him.” She told him, settling her hands on the table.

He sighed, nodding his head, “I understand, my mother also wants a say in my future, let me know when you've decided?” He asked, finishing his cup and stood up.

She stood up as well, “I will, thank you for coming by tonight, it was a pleasant surprise.” She told him, smiling. 

He grinned, “The pleasure was all mine, Hana. I do hope you consider me and we can start planning the safety of your people.” He said, taking a bow and stepping out.

As soon as his back disappeared, she let out a heavy sigh. If it wasn't for the fact that she might need him for her people, then she wouldn't even bother tolerating his presence. 

Bom unni quietly slipped back into the room and Hana looked at her, “Are you alright, princess?” Bom unni asked her. 

Hana shook her head and frowned, “He's the same as ever.” She said unhappily, but choosing her words carefully as she didn't know who was listening. 

“He does seem to care for you a lot.” Bom unni said in agreement, she cleaned up the table and walked a step behind Hana as she headed back to her room.

“Father has always said that there's such thing as caring too much though.” Hana said, “I've heard that people who care too much try to control their partners’ lives.” 

Bom unni merely nodded, “He doesn't seem the type to do that, but I do think that Rosea will change based on whatever decision you make, princess.” She said.

Hana sighed again, “I know. I just wish we could figure out what's causing the storm and what's making my dad sick.” She mumbled softly, “Then we wouldn't have to leave Rosea at all.” 

Bom unni opened the door for her and she stepped inside, “I know, princess. But there's really no clues about the storm, it came just as suddenly as your father’s illness.” She said.

“You're right, it's just wishful thinking.” Hana replied.

Bom started pulling the door closed, “Good night, princess.”

“Good night, Bom unni.” She said, turning around as soon as the door was closed. There was one place she liked to think, it would be dangerous, but she always managed to have a clear head there.

She got dressed, took a deep breath and walked towards the window.


Author's Note;;
WOW. it's been a while.. lol. 
Okay well here you go.