II. Visiting

Monsters: The Thunderstorm

Hana left her father's room as she finished reporting the situation to him. He just wanted to know just how bad things had gotten. 

She didn't understand why, but she knew he felt guilty for being unable to help because he was bedridden. The rain was endless, it was a constant, not too heavy but not light enough of a drizzle either. 

It was odd for the rainstorm to be so constant, it was as if the clouds never ran out of water. Which didn’t make any sense, because at the rate the rain was going, it should have run out. It didn’t evaporate, the puddles just grew bigger and bigger, sinking the streets. It was difficult to go anywhere, they managed to gather the water to run off. 

But that was starting to be a problem with the tides getting higher. She went back to her room where she found Bom unni waiting for her. 

“Hana.” Bom said to her, “How is your father?” She asked, taking the heavy layer of outer clothes off. 

“He’s fine, he was coughing mostly, but he could barely sit up. I can’t help but worry, since the doctors can’t figure out what’s wrong with him.” Hana replied, she reached over for her long black robe. 

Bom gave her a serious frown, “Again?” She asked, helping Hana put on the robe regardless of what she thought of Hana’s intentions. It covered her nicely, and it had a hood perfect for what Hana was planning. 

"I have to see what's out there, don't I? Gather information in order to let my father know what's going on." Hana said, she fixed her hair beneath the robe so it wouldn't get in the way. 

She knew her hair color was the most recognizable because it was a light chocolate brown, something the townspeople didn't have. Everyone else had raven black hair and no one knew why she had colored hair, but it was probably from her mother. 

Her brother had colored hair as well, but he hadn't been seen for a long time. She was the only one left to help her father out of the dire situation of the town. 

Ever since the rain started, Hana had never seen Hyunseung since. She wondered what happened to him, why he abandoned them. He had more respect for the family than that, so she knew it had to be something that he valued.  

She shook her head, she had to get him off her mind. He wasn’t around to help her now, just because she was dreaming about him and his friends again didn’t mean anything. 

"Don't get caught, if your father finds out.." Bom warned her, calling her out of the conversation she was having in her head. 

"Yes, I know, Bom unni. He doesn't think I get my information on my own. I'll be very careful." Hana told her. She gathered the last of her things and started to head out of the castle. 

She also had someone that she wanted to see. She knew that no one would be okay with it, if they knew the real reasons why she went out to the town. But she needed someone else, not just the maids to talk to. 

All the maids and guards were elsewhere for the time being, which was beneficial to her. She knew they were probably worried about their families living in town. She had originally offered immediate family shelter in the castle, but that was dismissed because of the castle secrets. 

She went out the back way to avoid detection and she managed to get into town without any trouble. The water splashed around her ankles and she frowned. 

They would need to figure out a way to irrigate this, but there weren't any crops that could be taken care of. It wasn't safe for this to run straight into the ocean, but there was no other place for this much water to be gathered. 

She sighed, this was getting out of hand. She had no idea how to get rid of the water, but that was the first priority. She couldn't control nature to get rid of the rain, but she could control the effect of the rain. 

She walked around and saw everyone hiding in their houses. Some people tried to sweep the water out of their houses as well. She couldn't take it, how could this be happening to them? 

Had she done something wrong? Had any of them? She wasn't even Empress yet. Her father was still Emperor unless he abdicated but he still held the throne until she was ready. 

Hana saw a familiar face beneath a roof and she walked over to her friend. "Hey, Eunyoung." She greeted. 

"Hey, Hana." She replied back, "Had to get out of the castle?" 

"I wanted to check everything out again. This seems really difficult, what can we even do to fix this?" Hana told her. 

"I don't know. You're the princess." Eun Young said, "How's your dad?" 

Hana sighed, "He's the same as ever. Not getting worse but not getting better either. I don't understand what's wrong with him." She said. 

"You should get back, it'll be bedtime soon." Eun Young told her. 

"How can you even tell?" Hana asked her, "I mean I have a clock in the castle." 

Eun Young shrugged, "I've been training my body to have a certain sleep cycle since I was little. So I could help out in the fields better but it's useful now since we can't even see the sun." She explained. 

"Well, thanks. I'll try to take care of this as soon as I can. I want to do it on my own willpower though." Hana said, she stepped back out into the rain and headed back to the castle. 

Her cloak was all wet but it didn't matter, she didn't have to suffer through the rain as much as the townspeople did. She had to figure out what was going on and then she could help her people. 

She knew that there would be other ways but she didn't want to consider them. Not when she knew that there was more to this than just the rain. 

She would get to the bottom of this no matter what. 


Author's Note;;
hey guys, been a while. lol. 
I'll try to update this more frequently :o
i plan to work on this next that's why :D
I finished three other stories lol. so let's get down to business~