I. The Beginning

Monsters: The Thunderstorm

She ran down the street, holding her bouquet of flowers in her hand. She turned back and saw the boys chasing after her and she took off, she turned left and ran as fast as her feet could take her back to the palace. 

She refused to look back because she knew that would distract her from her ultimate goal and they were already catching up to her for sure. They were better runners than she was but she had a head start on them. 

She was three feet away from the gate and she smiled wide before she was picked up and spun around. “Got you!” He said loudly. 

“Put me down!!” She whined, closing her eyes so she wouldn’t get sick from the spinning. 

“No. You ran away from us first.” He told her. “Your brother gave us specific instructions to watch you while you were outside the palace and you decided to take advantage of us.”  

“I just wanted some fresh air.” She complained, feeling the sun on her face and how there was barely any clouds in the sky. “I am stuck in the palace all day, I can want fresh air and sunshine.” She argued. 

“Fair point, princess. But you know that we are supposed to make sure nothing happens to you.” His other friend said to her. “You always try to run away from us when we have to watch you.”  

She was finally put down on the ground and she made a run for it, only to run into the lean body of her older brother, “Hyunseung oppa!” She cried out, hugging him tightly. 

He laughed at her and hugged her back, “Hana. What are you up to now?” He asked her and she looked away from them, hiding her face. 

“Your friends are being mean to me!” She complained. “They keep picking on me.”  

“Yah. You tried to run away!” They argued together. 

Hyunseung smiled, “Dongwoon, Yoseob. Only I can pick on my little sister.” He said, messing up her hair and she whined again.  

“Oppa!”  

Hyunseung gave her a stern look, “I told you if you want to leave the palace you have to stick with my friends. Or else, you can’t leave the palace.” He said. 

Hana pouted slightly, “But they’re so boring! Look I picked flowers!” She said excitedly, holding the bouquet out for him to see. 

Hyunseung smiled at her again and took a small whiff, “They’re beautiful, Hana. But remember what I told you.” 

“Don’t trust anyone or anything because it might be a trap.” She repeated his mantra back to him.  

“Good. Now go back inside, Father is expecting you. And stop giving Dongwoon and Yoseob trouble for watching you on your little trips.” He told her, sending her along and going to his two friends. 

Hana ran off and her leg jerked as she ran, causing her to wake up from her sleep. She looked outside and heard thunder crash again and saw the lightning flash. She sighed to herself as she got ready for the day, it was bound to be a new day at the moment. She slowly got dressed into her traditional wear and her hair was done up properly by her ladies-in-waiting. 

She told them thank you and she walked through the castle, it had been a long time since she had seen the sun, much less remembered what it felt like. She couldn’t believe that Hyunseung oppa had appeared in her dreams again, he had disappeared after the rain started because of some matters. 

But she also couldn’t believe she saw his friends in her dream as well, that was the last time she had seen either of them as she didn’t leave the castle much after that day. She couldn’t as there was always something for her to learn, some etiquette to pick up or some class she had attend. 

She always hated them because they would pick on her a lot. They always about everything, her hair, her favorite color, there was nothing she could do that they liked. It bothered her and that was part of the reason why she always wanted to run away when they had to babysit her. 

Hana also couldn’t remember when the rain started, she looked outside the window again and the steady stream of water was still coming. It just happened one day, her father had gotten bedridden with an illness and then the rain started to come.  

She had to check in on him again actually, he was coughing and wheezing last night and she had to see if he was getting better or not. He had been bedridden for a long time now, almost a year to date and she had no idea what was causing it. 

They had doctors come in from all over and no one could pinpoint what was wrong with him. No one could tell her what illness or disease he had, but he was constantly coughing and he had trouble speaking and eating certain kinds of foods. 

The doctors were also the ones who told her that the thunder storm over their kingdom was isolated to their kingdom. It was like a black rain cloud hung over them and no one else was affected. They could still feel the sun whereas Rosea had no sun ever. The rain never let up and that was causing a problem for their people.  

Crops couldn’t be grown, the streets were slowly getting flooded, since the water had nowhere to go. Many people evacuated their homes and moved to other kingdoms just to avoid the rain. 

Others put up with it because Rosea was their home. But Hana knew that wouldn’t last very long. She turned into the room and saw one of the maids greet her. 

“Kahi unni, is he awake for me to see him?” Hana asked her. 

“Yes, princess. He has been awake for a while now.” Kahi answered her. 

“You’re older, unni.” Hana reminded her and she stepped inside the room as the lightning flashed, her father was in a coughing fit. 

She sighed to herself and rushed to his bedside, she poured him a glass of water and waited for him to relax again.  

“Why has it become like this, Father?” She asked him, he was keeping a secret from her and she had no idea what but it was a big deal. She had a feeling it had something to do with his illness as well. 

“It’s a long story, Hana. But there’s nothing to worry about. Tell me what has happened so far.” 


Author's Note;;
So it took me a while to figure out how I wanted the first chapter to go.
And now here we are.
So I hope you like it. :o 
I'm not sure how this is gonna go yet either.. :/ 
but WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS XD